Dr Reza Ramezani
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 8180
- Address: E4.21
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, UK
BackgroundI received my BSc degree in electronic engineering in 2005 in Iran then joining IUERC (Isfahan University Engineering Research Centre) for 3 years. I finished my MSc degree in communication and signal processing at University of Newcastle with distinction in 2009. In 2014 I finished my PhD degree at Newcastle University under supervision of Prof. Alex Yakovlev.
ResearchMy main research is along the lines of developing circuit solutions and VLSI implementation for mixed-signal problems in power supply electronics, particularly within the energy deficient environments. From Sep 2012 to Jul 2014, I worked in ARM Ltd, Sheffield office, as verification engineer to work on the first 64-bit big-LITTLE architecture (Juno) in the world. As a member of Prof. Yakovlev’s team, I received the title of the "Innovator of the Year 2012" for the research entitled ‘Energy-modulated computing: a new paradigm for designing circuits and systems in energy-constrained environments’.
- Ramezani R, Yakovlev A. Capacitor discharging through asynchronous circuit switching. In: Asynchronous Circuits and Systems (ASYNC), 2013 IEEE 19th International Symposium on. 2013, Santa Monica, CA, USA: IEEE.
- Ramezani R, Yakovlev A, Xia F, Murphy J, Shang D. Voltage Sensing Using an Asynchronous Charge-to-Digital Converter for Energy-Autonomous Environments. IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems (JETCAS) 2013, 3(1), 35-44.
- Aghanejad I, Abiri H, Yahaghi A, Ramezani R. A high-gain lens antenna based on transformation optics. In: Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC). 2012, Loughborough: IEEE.
- Ramezani R, Sokolov D, Xia F, Yakovlev A. Energy-modulated quality of service: New scheduling approach. In: Faible Tension Faible Consommation (FTFC). 2012, IEEE.
- Yakovlev A, Ramezani R, Mak T. Apparatus and method for voltage sensing. U.S. Patent Application 13/638,330, filed February 28, 2011.
- Ramezani R, Dehkhoda F, Soltan A, Degenaar P, Liu Y, Constandinou T. An Optrode with Built-in Self-Diagnostic and Fracture Sensor for Cortical Brain Stimulation. In: 2016 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS). 2017, Shanghai: IEEE.
- Dehkhoda F, Soltan A, Ramezani R, Degenaar P. Biphasic Micro-LED Driver for Optogenetics. In: 2016 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS). 2016, Shanghai: IEEE.
- Zhao H, Dehkhoda F, Ramezani R, Sokolov D, Degenaar P. A CMOS-based Neural Implantable Optrode for Optogenetic Stimulation and Electrical Recording. In: 2015 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS). 2015, Atlanta, Georgia, USA: IEEE.
- Yakovlev A, Kushnerov A, Mokhov A, Ramezani R. On hyperbolic laws of capacitor discharge through self-timed digital loads. International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications 2015, 43(10), 1243-1262.
- Dehkhoda F, Soltan A, Ramezani R, Zhao H, Liu Y, Constandinou T, Degenaar P. Smart Optrode for Neural Stimulation and Sensing. In: 2015 IEEE Sensors. 2015, Busan, South Korea: IEEE.