Dr Ruth Vater
School Learning & Teaching Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5853
- Address: School of Engineering
E1.04 Merz Court
Newcastle upon Tyne
School Learning and Teaching Manager, School of Engineering
Responsibility for the development of strategy and administrative support services for learning, teaching, student experience, quality assurance and assessment so as to meet the objectives of the School, Faculty and University.
Management of all learning, teaching and student experience related activities (taught, research and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)) within the School which will include the coordination of five subject disciplines and leading a number of administrative teams based in multiple locations.
Member of University Student Systems Governance Committee
Member of University VLE Steering Group
Member of University eAssessment and Feedback Steering Group
Member of University PEC Working Group
Member of the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) Documentation Working Group
1996 Certificate in Teaching and Learning – Department of Education, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
1993 PhD – Faculty of Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
1991 MPhil – Faculty of Science, University of Sunderland
1985 BSc (Hons) Applied Biology, Class 2i – University of Sunderland
- Harris JB, Vater R, Wilson M, Cullen MJ. Muscle fibre breakdown in venom-induced muscle degeneration. Journal of Anatomy 2003, 202(4), 363-372.
- Young C, Lindsay S, Vater R, Slater CR. An improved method for the simultaneous demonstration of mRNA and esterase activity at the human neuromuscular junction. Histochemical Journal 1998, 30(1), 7-11.
- R. Vater, C. Young, L. V. B. Anderson, S. Lindsay, D. J. Blake, K. E. Davies, R. Zuellig and C. R. Slater. Utrophin mRNA expression in muscle is not restricted to the neuromuscular junction. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 1998, 10, 229-242.
- Deconinck AE, Potter AC, Tinsley JM, Wood SJ, Vater R, Young C, Metzinger L, Vincent A, Slater CR, Davies KE. Postsynaptic abnormalities at the neuromuscular junctions of utrophin- deficient mice. Journal of Cell Biology 1997, 136(4), 883-894.
- R. Vater, C. Young, S. J. Lindsay, L. V. B. Anderson and C. R. Slater. Distribution of utrophin mRNA in rat skeletal muscle. Journal of General Physiology 1996, 108, 80-80.
- Vater R, Harris JB, Anderson LVB, Roberds SL, Campbell KP, Cullen MJ. The expression of dystrophin-associated glycoproteins during skeletal muscle degeneration and regeneration. An immunofluorescence study. J Neuropath Exp Neurol 54 54 557-569 1995.
- VATER R, CULLEN MJ, HARRIS JB. THE EXPRESSION OF VIMENTIN IN SATELLITE CELLS OF REGENERATING SKELETAL-MUSCLE IN-VIVO. HISTOCHEMICAL JOURNAL 1994, 26(12), 916-928.
- CULLEN MJ, WALSH J, VATER R, NICHOLSON LVB. THE IMMUNOLOCALIZATION OF THE 43K DYSTROPHIN-ASSOCIATED GLYCOPROTEIN IN RELATION TO THE LOCATION OF DYSTROPHIN IN SKELETAL-MUSCLE. In: JOURNAL OF MUSCLE RESEARCH AND CELL MOTILITY. 1994.
- VATER R, CULLEN MJ, HARRIS JB. THE FATE OF DESMIN AND TITIN DURING THE DEGENERATION AND REGENERATION OF THE SOLEUS MUSCLE OF THE RAT. ACTA NEUROPATHOLOGICA 1992, 84(3), 278-288.
- Vater R, Cullen MJ, Nicholson LVB, Harris JB. The fate of dystrophin during the degeneration and regeneration of the soleus muscle of the rat. Acta Neuropathol 83 83 140-148 1992.