Dr Xiaofeng Li
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm a junior researcher in climate. After I got my Ph.D degree on 2009 in Chinese Academy of Sciences, I started my traveling and working around the world.
My favorite way of "understanding" the wether and climate at somewhere else is by traveling and staying there for a whole year or at least a whole season, so I can "feel it in person".
I worked in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA from a spring to summer, where I experienced the real polar climate and the Polar Day, and saw the fast heavy snow occurs and disappears just like the behaviors of heavy rainfall in my hometown. Then, I traveled to Perth, Western Australia and worked there for a whole year, where I experienced the tropical and Mediterranean climate there, saw how the coastal rainfalls and the hot waves from inland desert are competing to each other, and enjoyed the beautiful beaches and islands by the way. I also worked in Beijing, China for a couple of years, where I experienced both the Polar and Tropical climate in a single place. Warm moist tropical atmosphere comes in summer, and dry cold polar atmosphere controls in winter, which make Beijing a place with huge differences in its four seasons. Now, I'm working in Newcastle, UK, where is facing the strong westerly jet blowing from the Atlantic. I'm enjoying the windy but mild year-round climate here, especially when it is accompanied with the incredibly fast changing weathers from day to day.
- Li Xiao-feng, Li Jianping, Li Yun. Recent Winter Precipitation Increase in middle–lower Yangtze River Valley since the late 1970s: A response to warming in tropical Indian Ocean. Journal of Climate 2015, 28(9), 3857–3879.
- Li Xiaofeng. Review of the introduction and debates of the Annular Modes. Advances In Earth Sciences 2015, 30(3), 367-384.
- Zheng Fei, Li Jianping, Wang Lei, Xie Fei, Li Xiaofeng. Cross-Seasonal Influence of the December–February Southern Hemisphere Annular Mode on March–May Meridional Circulation and Precipitation. Journal of Climate 2015, 28(17), 6859-6881.
- Yu Jingjing, Liu Yimin, Li Xiaofeng. Connections betwen the Dominant Modes of Westerly over the Upstream Region of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau and the Regional Precipitation of China and NAO in Winter. Plateau Meteorology 2014, 33(4), 877-886.
- Li Xiao-Feng, Li Jianping, Zhang Xiangdong, Sun Cheng. Role of Ferrel cell in daily variability of Northern Hemisphere Annular Mode. Chinese Science Bulletin 2014, 59(27), 3457-3464.
- Li Xiaofeng, Li Jianping, Zhang Xiangdong. A Two-way Stratosphere–Troposphere Coupling of Submonthly Zonal-Mean Circulations in the Arctic. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 2013, 30(6), 1771-1785.
- Li Xiao-Feng, Yu Jingjing, Li Yun. Recent summer rainfall increase and surface cooling over Northern Australia since the late 1970s: A response to warming in the tropical Western Pacific. Journal of Climate 2013, 26(18), 7221–7239.
- Li Xiaofeng, Li Jianping. Analysis of the quasi-geostrophic adjustment process of the Southern Hemisphere annular mode. Chinese Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 2012, 36(4), 755-768.
- Forsythe N, Fowler HJ, Li XF, Blenkinsop S, Pritchard D. Karakoram temperature and glacial melt driven by regional atmospheric circulation variability. Nature Climate Change 2017, epub ahead of print.