Dr Xilin Xia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I did my PhD at the school of Civil engineering and Geosciences, Newcastle University with the thesis title “High-performance simulation technologies for water-related natural hazards”. My research interests cover flash flood, debris flow, landslide, sediment transport and numerical methods.Qualifications
Bachelor of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Wuhan University, China, 09/2006 – 06/2010
Master of Engineering, Road and Railway Engineering, Wuhan University, China, 09/2010 – 06/2012
Doctor of Philosophy, Water Resources, Newcastle University, 09/2012 - 05/2017
- Xia X, Liang Q. A new depth-averaged model for flow-like landslides over complex terrains with curvatures and steep slopes. Engineering Geology 2018, 234, 174–191.
- Liang QH, Smith L, Xia XL. New prospects for computational hydraulics by leveraging high-performance heterogeneous computing techniques. Journal of Hydrodynamics 2016, 28(6), 977-985.
- Liang Q, Xia X, Hou J. Catchment-scale High-resolution Flash Flood Simulation Using the GPU-based Technology. In: 12th International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC 2016) - Smart Water for the Future. 2016, Incheon, South Korea: Elsevier Ltd.
- Xia X, Liang Q. A GPU-accelerated smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) model for the shallow water equations. Environmental Modelling and Software 2016, 75, 28-43.
- Xia X, Huang R, Liang Q, Yu B. A New Physically-Based Simulation Framework for Modelling Flow-Like Landslides. International Journal of Geohazards and Environment 2015, 1(3), 94-100.
- Xia X, Liang Q. A depth-integrated SPH model for flow like landslides on fixed Cartesian coordinate system. In: 36th IAHR World Congress. 2015.
- Liang QH, Smith L, Xia XL. New prospects for computational hydraulics by leveraging high-performance heterogeneous computing techniques. In: Second Conference of Global Chinese Scholars on Hydrodynamics (CCSH'2016). 2016, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China: China Ocean Press.
- Liang Q, Hou J, Xia X. Contradiction between the C-property and mass conservation in adaptive grid based shallow flow models: cause and solution. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 2015, 78(1), 17-36.
- Liang Q, Xia X, Hou J. Efficient urban flood simulation using a GPU-accelerated SPH model. Environmental Earth Sciences 2015, 74(11), 7285-7294.
- Hou J, Liang Q, Xia X. Robust absorbing boundary conditions for shallow water flow models. Environmental Earth Sciences 2015, 74(11), 7407-7422.
- Xia X, Liang Q, Pastor M, Zou W, Zhuang Y-F. Balancing the source terms in a SPH model for solving the shallow water equations. Advances in Water Resources 2013, 59, 25–38.
- Xia X, Liang Q, Ming X, Hou J. Reply to Comment by Lu et al. on "An Efficient and Stable Hydrodynamic Model With Novel Source Term Discretization Schemes for Overland Flow and Flood Simulations". Water Resources Research 2018, 54(1), 628–630.