Civil engineers design, build and maintain the infrastructure that underpins our quality of life.
At Newcastle, you will study a design-intensive course and have a wide range of opportunities to build great foundations for your career.
This will prepare you to tackle the major sustainability challenges facing civil engineers, such as population growth and climate change.
Our Together with Industry programme ensures that your learning is industrially relevant. It includes site visits, industry talks and professional meetings so you can hear from practising engineers first hand.
Our flexible structure allows you to explore the areas of civil engineering that you most enjoy. It's even possible to move between our BEng and MEng courses.
Read what our students say about our courses in Civil Engineering and studying at Newcastle University.
Civil Engineering Courses
- Civil Engineering MEng Honours H290
- Civil Engineering with Year in Industry MEng Honours H295
- Civil Engineering BEng Honours H200
- Civil Engineering with Year in Industry BEng Honours H205
- Civil Engineering with Foundation year MEng Honours H291
- Civil Engineering with Foundation year BEng Honours H201
Civil and Structural Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering MEng Honours H242
- Civil and Structural Engineering with Year in Industry MEng Honours H296
- Civil and Structural Engineering BEng Honours H210
- Civil and Structural Engineering with Year in Industry BEng Honours H206
Civil and Surveying Engineering
You can get involved in a wide range of activities. This will add to your CV, help you with your studies and make university some of the most enjoyable years of your life:
- overseas meetings and conferences
- site visits, talks from industry and charities
- professional institution events and competitions
- Engineers without Borders
- Civil Engineering and Geosciences Society
- sports teams
And this is just in the School, there is so much more at Newcastle.