Saving Energy and Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy Saving Trust North East Advice Centre – Free and impartial advice on saving energy at home, sustainable transport, renewable energy, waste and water.
- Carbon Trust
- Low Carbon Buildings Programme – National grant scheme for installing micro generation renewable energy technologies.
- North East Renewable Energy Directory - One-stop information centre for all domestic and small scale renewable energy technologies in the North East.
Waste & Recycling
- Waste & Resource Action Programme (WRAP) – Helping individuals, businesses and local authorities to reduce waste and recycle more, making better use of resources and helping to tackle climate change.
- Freecycle – The Freecycle network promotes waste reduction and helps save landscape from being taken over by landfills.
- Waste Watch – Promotes action on waste reduction, reuse and recycling throughout the UK.
- BAN Waste – Award winning voluntary organisation that aims to promote Zero Waste policy and practice in the North East of England.
- Newcastle City Council - Waste and Recycling Information
- Northumbrian Water – Supplies water and waste water services to customers in the North East of England.
- Waterwise - An independent leading authority on water efficiency in the UK
- BBC Bloom – A fun climate change action guide. Smart choices for the carbon conscious.
- Transport Direct – Britain’s free online journey planner for public transport and car journeys.
- Newcastle University Car Share Scheme
- VCA Car Fuel Data – Guide to help buyers of new cars choose low emission cars, reducing the impact of their vehicle on the environment identifying vehicle excise duty.
- EAUC biodiversity guide for colleges and universities.
- Newcastle University Purchasing Services
- Ethical Consumer – The UK’s leading alternative consumer organisation, researching the social and environmental records of companies.
- Green Consumer Guide – For environmental news, products and services.
Building and Renovation
BREEAM - The world’s most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings.
General – relating to higher education
- People and Planet – UK students campaigning to end world poverty, defend human rights and protect the environment.
- Eco Campus – National environmental management system (EMS) and award scheme for the higher education sector.
- Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) – The sustainability champion for universities and colleges in the UK.
- Higher Education Environmental Performance Improvement (HEEPI) – Environmental performance benchmarking in UK higher education for energy management, water, waster & transport.
- Higher Education Funding Council for England Sustainability Pages
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)