Recycling and Disposing of Waste
Newcastle University is committed to ensuring that our waste is disposed of in the most sustainable manner practicable and in a way which does not endanger health or the environment.
We have a comprehensive recycling scheme across campus which allows to you easily recycle the following:
- All metal
- Including drinks cans, food tins, foil, keys and cake tins.
- All clean plastic
- Including packaging, bubble wrap, tapes, CDs, yogurt and magerine tubs.
- All clean paper
- Including newspapers, magazines, envelopes, junk mail, scrap paper, directories, brochures and catalogues.
- All cardboard
- Including greetings cards, cereal boxes and food packaging (please flatten or break up large boxes).
- All glass
- Including bottles, jars and window glass.
Click on the links below to find out more about how to dispose of and recycle your waste:
- Cans and metal packaging
- Cassettes (audio and VHS), CDs, DVDs, and floppy discs
- Catalogues and Directories
- Christmas cards
- Confidential Waste
- Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Fly Tipping
- Food Waste Composting
- Gas Cannisters
- General Waste
- Inkjet and Toner Cartridges
- Lever Arch Files
- Mobile Phones
- Plastic Bottles (and caps)
- All Other Plastics
- Technical Equipment Reuse
- Wood Waste
- Wrapping from Deliveries
If you have any questions about recycling please email: firstname.lastname@example.org