Engagement with film and media can contribute to the creative economy and cultural wellbeing.
Our researchers specialise in:
- the history, theory and analysis of film, film stars and film audiences
- international, transnational, national and regional cinemas in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia
- film production in creative documentary and fiction
- practice-led research in observational filmmaking, editing, narrative construction and subtitling
- creative practice in writing for the screen, multimedia production and digital media
The university’s focal point for creative arts practice is Culture Lab. It is home to much of our activity.
We are also part of the university’s Institute of Creative Arts Practice.
A database for Creative Practice enables students to display their research projects. It helps with collaborations.
Newcastle is a film city and we are part of that. We collaborate with partners, including:
We also work with:
We collaborate with diverse partners (cultural, educational, voluntary, commercial, academic).
We are always happy to hear new ideas for shared projects. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org