FREE Event. Open to the Public
Join us to hear about how reserchers in the Faculty of Medical Sciences and the Institute for Creative Arts Practice at Newcastle University have been working together on projects that build bridges between medical sciences and the arts.
You will also hear from artists, filmmakers and writers based at the University about their work.
Book your place here
The venue is here
10.00-10.30 Guest arrival and registration
- The Art of Mitochondrial Biology - Christie Waddington
- Creative Dialogues - Dr Simon Hackett
- Creating an artwork from an EEG dataset - Gareth Hudon
- The Poetry Cure - Dr Helen Limon
- Blindness as critique: a sociologist's journey into the world of blind chess through documentary film practice - Dr Ian McDonald
- Exploring Mobile Devises as a medium for sound diffusion - Tim Shaw
- Poetics of the Archive: Creative Community Engagement with the Bloodaxe Archive - Professor Linda Anderson & Dr Tom Schofield
- Working with Makers in Kampala, Uganda - Professor Andrew Burton
The event is delivered by the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Newcastle University in collaboration with the Newcastle University Institute for Creative Arts Practice.
published on: 12 September 2016