Develop into a fantastic geographer with degrees offering variety and specialism.
We undertake and circulate human geography research of the highest international standard.
Geography at Newcastle University is a premier research area with a major focus on the fields of social science and physical geography.
We offer a range of excellent postgraduate research opportunities in a School that has gained international acclaim for its work.
Students on both our undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes benefit from the research-led teaching we are able to offer.
- Antarctic penguin colony repeatedly decimated by volcanic eruptions
- Dr Nick Megoran, talks about the increase in localised civil wars.
- Isobel Plastow, received an award recognising her volunteering work
- Dr Nick Megoran talks about the St Petersburg terror attack and the city of Osh in Kyrgyzstan.
- Dr Nick Megoran, students and a financial expert discuss ethical university investments.
Older women's experience of home, ageing and housing security: hopeful stories of living
Date/Time: 3 April 2017 16:00
Semester 2 Geography Seminar Series: Intergenerational Justice, Consumption and Sustainability in Comparative Perspective
Date/Time: 3 May 2017, 16:00
Semester 2 Geography Seminar Series: How does space shape the making of law
Date/Time: 17 May 2017, 16:00