Politics at Newcastle is a diverse and friendly community of scholars and students, committed to world-leading research and excellent, innovative teaching across the widest possible range of specialist areas within the subject.
We offer a wide choice of study options and a full schedule of academic and social activities. Every year, we produce articulate, confident graduates possessing the intellectual qualities and skills needed to succeed in their chosen careers.
- If we want to fight inequality and poverty we need to take a more humane approach to economics
- Fighting inequality and poverty requires a more humane view of economics
- Dr Alistair Clark discusses the Supreme Court ruling that the Prime Minister won’t be able to invoke Article 50 without permission from Parliament.
- Europe has never liked borders
- Donald Trump, Vote Fraud, And The ‘Conspiracy’ Fears Behind A Proposed UK Law You’ve Never Heard Of (Huffington Post)
A tale of two referendums: Fear, risk and independence in 2014 and 2016
Date/Time: 22 Feb 2017 12:30
Decolonising Political Economy Concepts, Step One – ‘The Market’: Crusoe, Friday and the Raced Market Frame of Orthodox Economics Textbooks
Date/Time: 8 March 2017 13:00