School Research Administrator
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 3919
- Fax: +44 (0)191 208 5421
- Address: School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
Level 4, Claremont bridge
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am responsible for oversight of all administration of research matters in the School from postgraduate level onwards, including co-ordination of the School research and finance team, assistance with funding applications and awards, recruitment and contract management of research staff, and general support for staff and PGR students.
With experience in a variety of roles across the University, I have developed interests in the following specialist areas:
- Open access publication and the principles of open data
- Ethical approval of projects
- Project management
- Induction and staff development
- Research staff recruitment and contract management
- Research assessment and measurement of research
- University policy and process
- Public engagement in research
I have been co-opted to a number of working groups on topics such as costing and pricing, induction, research process, and impact recording, and am enthusiastic about sharing experience and knowledge with colleagues inside and outside the University.
I have worked at Newcastle University since 2003, in a number of roles across all three Faculties, providing support to research grants and project administration. I took up the post of Research Administrator in Geography, Politics and Sociology in 2012.
For further information please see my LinkedIn Profile