Dr Jo Swaffield
Research Excellence Academy Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
I was recently appointed as a Research Excellence Academy Fellow in the politics department. I am working with Derek Bell (Newcastle) and Wouter Peeters (Birmingham) on the project: 'Individual Responsibility for Realising Human Rights: Climate Change, Poverty and Other Problems and Aggregate Effects'.
Research Excellence Academy Project: 'Individual Responsibility for Realising Human Rights: Climate Change, Poverty and Other Problems of Aggregate Effects'.
Other research interests: Neoliberal environmentalism and its impact on sustainable behaviour and practices, specifically reuse and the waste hierarchy.
- Swaffield J. Freebies, freedom and fundamental change: resistance to neoliberal environmentalism in large ‘green’ corporations. Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Swaffield J. After a decade of critique: neoliberal environmentalism, discourse analysis and the promotion of climate-protecting behaviour in the workplace. Geoforum 2016, 70, 119-129.
- Swaffield J, Bell D. Can 'climate champions' save the planet? A critical reflection on neoliberal social change. Environmental Politics 2012, 21(2), 248-267.
- Bell D, Gray T, Haggett C, Swaffield J. Re-visiting the ‘social gap’: public opinion and relations of power in the local politics of wind energy. Environmental Politics 2013, 22, 115-135.
- Evans D, Welch D, Swaffield J. Constructing and mobilizing ‘the consumer’: responsibility, consumption and the politics of sustainability. Environment and Planning A 2017, 49, 1396-1412.