Dr Tom Wakeford
- Wakeford T, Haq J. Let's really talk.
New Scientist 2010, 206(2766), 26-27.
- Wakeford T. Synthia: Do we need another Asilomar Conference?.
People and Science 2010, 10-11.
- Wakeford T. Third-Order Thinking in Science Communication.
Japanese Journal of Science Communication 2010, 7, 87-93.
- Maynard A, Bain S, Connelly S, Cunningham-Burley S, Gardner R, Mills P, Reynolds C, Wakeford T, Watts G, Wilson P, Yearley S. A Citizens’ Inquiry into the Forensic Use of DNA and the National DNA Database: Introduction by the Human Genetics Commission Working Group.
London: Human Genetics Commission, 2008.
- Wakeford T, Macmillan T. Democracy…this much we know.
Food Ethics 2008, 3(3), 12-13.
- Kuruganti K, Pimbert M, Wakeford T. The people’s vision: UK and Indian reflections on Prajateerpu.
Participatory Learning and Action 2008, 58(1), 11-17.
- Wakeford T. The public is proved right: GM crops are no panacea.
The Guardian 2008, 9.
- Wakeford T, Singh J. Towards empowered participation: stories and reflections.
Participatory Learning and Action 2008, 58(1), 6-9.
- Wakeford T, Singh J, Murtuja B, Bryant P, Pimbert M. The jury is out: How far can participatory projects go towards reclaiming democracy?.
In: Peter Reason and Hilary Bradbury, ed. The SAGE handbook of action research: participative inquiry and practice. London: Sage, 2007, pp.333-349.
- Tansey J, Gee D, Leach M, Ravetz J, Scott A, Stirling A, Szerszynski B, Wakeford T. Hasty energy review risks failing to win public trust.
Nature 2006, 440(7081), 148-148.
- Wakeford T. Democratising technology: reclaiming science for sustainable development.
Warwickshire: The Intermediate Technology Development Group, 2004.
- Wakeford T, Pimbert M. Prajateerpu, power and knowledge: The politics of participatory action research in development. Part 2: Analysis, reflections and implications.
Action Research 2004, 2(1), 25-46.
- Wakeford T, Murtuja B, Bryant P. Using democratic spaces to promote social justice in northern towns.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Institute of Policy and Practice, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2004.
- Wakeford T. Guardian education columnist.
- Wakeford T, Pimbert M. Power-reversals in biotechnology: experiments in democratisation.
Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies, 2003. Democratising Biotechnology: Genetically Modified Crops in Developing Countries Briefing Series 13.
- Pimbert M, Wakeford T. Prajateerpu, power and knowledge: The politics of participatory action research in development. Part I: Context, process and safeguards.
Action Research 2003, 1(2), 184–207.
- Wakeford T. Science and Public Affairs columnist.
- Wakeford T. Citizens juries: a radical alternative for social research.
Social Research Update 2002, 37.
- Pimbert MP, Wakeford T. Prajateerpu: a citizens jury/scenario workshop on food and farming futures for Andhra Pradesh, India.
London: International Institute for Environment and Development, 2002.
- Pimbert MP, Wakeford T. Deliberative democracy and citizen empowerment.
Special issue of Participatory Learning and Action Notes 40, IIED. Co-published by The Commonwealth Foundation, ActionAid, DFID, Sida and IIED 2001.
- Wakeford T. Liaisons of life: from hornwarts to hippos, how the unassuming microbe has driven evolution.
Chichester: Wiley, 2001.