Recent Staff Publications
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1992
- Dorrian M. Clouds of Architecture: Essays on the City, Visual Culture, and the Politics of the Image.
London: I B Tauris, 2013. In Preparation.
- Rech MF. A critical geopolitcs of space and spectacle at the British military airshow.
Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers 2013. In Preparation.
- Calderon C, James P, Urquizo J, McCloughlin A. A Spatially Referenced Domestic Energy Demand Model for the City and Neighbourhoods of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Energy Policy 2013. In Preparation.
- Calderon C, James P, McCloughlin A, Urquizo J. An area-based GIS energy model for cities and neighbourhoods.
In: 21st GIS Research UK conference (GISRUK). 2013, Liverpool.
- Van den Broeck P, Abdelwahab M, Miciukiewicz K, Hillier J. Analysing space from a strategic-relational institutionalist perspective: the case of the Cultural Park for Children in Cairo.
International Planning Studies 2013. In Press.
- Dorrian M. Architecture Regulated.
Architecture Research Quarterly 2013. In Press.
- Dorrian M. Atmosphere and Distance.
Journal of Architectural Education 2013. In Press.
- Speak S. ‘Values’ as a tool for conceptualising homelessness in the global south.
Habitat International 2013, 38, 143-149.
- Rech MF. Be Part of the Story: A popular geopolitics of war comics aesthetics and Royal Air Force recruitment.
Political Geography 2013. Submitted.
- Law A. Brace, C. John-Putra, A., 'Process, Landscape and Text', Amsterdam; New York: Rodopi, 2010.
Landscape Research 2013, 38(1), 154-156.
- Gilroy R. Changing landscapes of support in the lives of Chinese urban elders: voices from Wuhan neighbourhoods.
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy 2013, 31(epub ahead of print).
- Davoudi S. Climate change and the role of spatial planning in England.
In: Knieling, J., Filho, W.L, ed. Climate Change Governance. Berlin: Springer, 2013, pp.153-169.
- Farmer G, Pendlebury J. Conserving Dirty Concrete: The Decline and Rise of Pasmore's Apollo Pavilion, Peterlee.
Journal of Urban Design 2013, 18(2), 263-280.
- Madanipour A. Crossroads in space and time.
In: Gregory Smith and Jan Gadeyne, ed. Perspectives on Public Space in Rome: From antiquity to the present day. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2013, pp.xvii-xxxiii.
- Kezer Zeynep. Edge of State: The Making of an Internal Border in Early Republican Elazığ (Turkey).
Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians 2013, 72. In Preparation.
- Kezer Z. Erken Cumhuriyet Döneminde Milli Eğitimin Maddi Kültürü.
Dosya 2013. In Press.
- Davoudi S, Brooks E, Mehmood A. Evolutionary resilience and strategies for climate adaptation.
Planning Practice and Research 2013. In Press.
- Lake AA, Townshend TG. Exploring the built environment, physical activity and related behaviours of young adults attending school, college and those not in employment.
Journal of Public Health 2013, 35(1), 57-66.
- Midgley JL. Food (in)security in the global north and south.
In: Murcott, A., Jackson, P., Belasco, W, ed. The Handbook of Food Research. Oxford: Berg, 2013. In Press.
- Tewdwr-Jones M. From town hall to cinema: Documentary film as planning propaganda in post war Britain.
In: Freestone, R., Amati, M, ed. Pictures at an Exhibition: The Development of Modern Planning Culture. Farnham: Ashgate, 2013. In Press.
- Graham S, Hewitt L. Getting off the ground: On the politics of urban verticality.
Progress in Human Geography 2013, 37(1), 72-92.
- Lord A, Tewdwr-Jones M. Is planning “under attack”? Chronicling the deregulation of urban and environmental planning in England.
European Planning Studies 2013, 21. In Press.
- Kellett P. Original Copies? Imitative Design Practices in Informal Settlements.
ArchNet - IJAR 2013, 7(1), 151-161.
- Donaldson A, Lane SL, Ward N, Whatmore SJ. Overflowing with issues? The poltical trajectories of flooding.
Environment and Planning C 2013. In Press.
- Rech MF. Popular geopolitcis and myth-making in war comics and Royal Air Force recruitment.
In: K DeJesus; E Bordernkircher, ed. This War’s For You: Global Critical Geographic Explorations on the Significances of Political Posters and Graffiti in the Making and Propagating of Political Violence. 2013. Submitted.
- Beck J, Dorrian M. Post-catastrophic Utopias.
Cultural Politics (Special issue: 'Utopia Now', eds. Mark Featherstone and Malcolm Miles) 2013. In Preparation.
- Midgley JL. Problematizing the emergence of household food security in England.
International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture and Food 2013. In Press.
- Dorrian M, Pousin F, ed. Seeing From Above: The Aerial View in Visual Culture.
London: IB Tauris, 2013. In Preparation.
- Dorrian M. The Air in Space: The NASA Space Colonies Project of the 1970s.
The Journal of Architecture (Special issue: 'City Air', eds. Amy Kulper and Diana Periton) 2013. In Preparation.
- Clifford B, Tewdwr-Jones M. The Collaborating Planner? Practitioners in the Neoliberal Age.
Bristol: Policy Press, 2013.
- Bianconi M, Tewdwr-Jones M. The form and organisation of urban areas: Colin Buchanan and Traffic in Towns 50 Years On.
Town Planning Review 2013, 84(3). In Press.
- Vigar G, Brooks E, Gunn S. The innovative potential of neighbourhood plan-making.
Town and Country Planning 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Tewdwr-Jones M, Freestone R, Phelps N, ed. The Planning Imagination: Peter Hall and the Study of Urban and Regional Planning.
London: Alexandrine Press/Routledge, 2013. In Press.
- Dorrian M. Utopia on Ice.
In: Turpin, E, ed. Architecture in the Anthropocene: Encounters Among Deep Time, Design, Science and Philosophy. MPublishing/Open Humanities Press, 2013. In Press.
- Dorrian M. Welcome to the Dronosphere.
Oakland, California: PM Press, 2013. In Preparation.
- Townshend TG. Youth, alcohol and place-based leisure behaviours: A study of two locations in England.
Social Science and Medicine 2013, (epub ahead of print).