Our work is theoretically informed, interdisciplinary and practically relevant and focuses on five overlapping themes:
- People, Place and Politics
- Infrastructure and Digital Technologies
- Identities, Culture and Heritage
- Environmental Planning, Assessment and Management
- Urban Design and Human Flourishing
GURU works closely with the Centre for Rural Economy and has strong links with Newcastle Institute for Research for Sustainability, Newcastle Institute for Social Renewal, Institute for Ageing and Institute for Health and Society.
For further information about our research and potential collaborations please contact us.