GURU PGR students
Completed GURU Students 2013
Completed GURU Students 2012
Completed GURU Students 2011
As a full time postgraduate research student you receive:
- 24 hour access to a dedicated workspace with networked computer;
- Regular contact with supervisors with expertise in your chosen area;
- Support for conference attendance;
- Access to printing and photocopying facilities;
- Access to the University's award winning library.
Our PhD students benefit greatly from an inter-disciplinary and dynamic research culture at Faculty and School levels as well as within GURU. Our students' benefit from:
- APL Research Seminar Series where students, staff and external speakers present
- Mini-conferences where postgraduate students are given the opportunity
to present their research to academics and peers;
- A Faculty Research
Training programme to support and guide the initial stages of your research;
- A dedicated space for less formal interaction (the Green Room).
Study can be undertaken on either a full time or part time basis for the Master
of Philosophy (MPhil) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
All students are assigned two supervisors who will have expertise in your chosen
area of research. You will have regular contact with your supervisors via mutually
agreed timed meetings. In addition the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape has an Overseas Students Liaison
Tutor who acts as a point of contact for all international students within the
For further information please contact the Postgraduate Administrator Marian Kyte
or Geoff Vigar, GURU Research Director.