You will learn and evaluate many forms of evidence, including:
- written records
- archaeological finds
- oral testimony
- evidence of human creativity: artistic, literary or technological
History students also have the opportunity to study abroad at a continental European university in stage 2 or 3.
Find out about history careers that you can work towards following a degree in history.
Our degree programmes
We offer a range of undergraduate degree programmes.
Our degrees can be:
- single honours (a degree that concentrates on one main subject)
- joint honours (two complementary subjects as part of a single degree programme)
- combined honours (our flexible degree programme that allows you to study two or three subjects together)
At Newcastle we offer the following history degree programmes:
You can also study history within the following joint and combined programmes:
- History and Archaeology BA Honours (VV41)
- Politics and History BA Honours (VL12)
- English Literature and History BA Honours (QV31)
International and exchange students
We welcome applications from international, Erasmus, study-abroad and exchange students. For further information, visit our International and Exchange Students page.