I left Newcastle University on 31st December 2014. If you need to contact me, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and see: https://sites.google.com/site/nlinkproject/sabrina-pietrobono or https://newcastle.academia.edu/SabrinaPietrobono
- Archives and documents: interdisciplinary studies in history and archaeology.
- Landscape History;
- Roman and medieval towns in Central Italy, history and archaeology;
- Monasteries and castles in the Middle Ages, history and archaeology;
- Ancient and medieval architecture;
- Christian/medieval epigraphy;
- Active research projects:
1. UK: Marie-Curie Action: "Intra-European fellowships for career development", IEF. Seventh Framework Programme. Normannitas: Landscape, Identity and Norman Kingdoms. Project Acronym: N-LINK. Newcastle University - School of History, Classics and Archaeology. Individual research grant.
2. The Pofi Project: Ceramics and small finds from a medieval castrum in Central Italy, directed by Italo Biddittu. With Rosangela De Acutis.
3. Raffaele Garrucci e l'epigrafia cristiana. Pontifical Institute of Christian Archaeology (Rome - Vatican City). Supervisor: Prof. Danilo Mazzoleni.
- Recent research projects (selection):
- Italy: "Le Storie della Terra". Comune di Castro dei Volsci and Provincia di Frosinone. Scientific Director of the Civic Archaeological Museum and project supervisor.
- Italy. Research and technical support for the Museum catalogue publication project: see Pascucci P. and Fenelli, M (eds). Il Museo Civico Archaeologico di Castro dei Volsci. Rome. 2009.
- Italy: The Castles of Lazio Meridionale. Settlements dynamics, fortified structures and seigniorial power between the Melfa and Liri Rivers (9th - 13th centuries). University of L'Aquila, PhD.
- Italy: Carta Archeologica Medievale. Forma Italiae Medii Aevi. Supervisor: Stella Patitucci Uggeri. University of Cassino.
- Italy: "Santità e territorio". Indipendent research project for "San Germano. Collana di storia e cultura religiosa medievale", University of Cassino, Director Filippo Carcione.
current project is: The Lands on the Rivers. Perception and Legacy of
Medieval Benedictine landscapes (11th - 13th century). N-LINK
Research Group (Rome - Italy). See: N-LINK RG
Project Leader(s): Sabrina Pietrobono, Sam Turner