Research & Impact Support Officer, HaSS Faculty
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 191 208 5807
I'm based in the HaSS Faculty Research Team. My role is very varied and I work on a number of areas:
- I provide support to the Faculty's Research Groups, arranging activities and budgetary support.
- I look after the ESRC Impact Acceleration Account Award, coordinating the calls and supporting successfully awarded project set up and help to organise & run the joint Durham-Newcastle ESRC IAA capacity building programme
- I provide advice and costing support for academic conferences underwritten by the faculty.
- I support the Newcastle University Humanities Research Institute (NUHRI) and it's Director, Professor Matthew Grenby, with all activities.
Prior to working at the University I worked in the hotel industry, working in Conference & Events Sales.
I joined Newcastle University in 2008, and have worked in research support roles:
- I initially worked as Receptionist and Facilities coordinator in Culture Lab where I organised many events, seminars and interdisciplinary research related activities.
- I then moved to the (DE RCUK) SiDE hub, as Research Secretary, where I provided a comprehensive support service for the entire hub for a large interdisciplinary research project (hosted at Newcastle & Dundee University) aimed at realising the potential for digital technologies to transform the lives of people who are socially excluded.
- I've also worked on a secondment post in the Procurement Office.
I'm extremely interested in supporting all of our Engagement & Impact work, both externally with the public and partners at a national and international levels, as well as regionally and internally across campus.
- Business Administration NVQ - Level 3
Membership & Groups:
- Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA)
- Newcastle University Event Planners Network
I participate in the Mentoring for Administrative and Professional Staff (MAPS) Scheme.