Dr Faye Cooles
I am a Rheumatology Registrar with a research interest in type 1 interferons and their role in autoimmune disease, particularly rheumatoid arthritis.
I have been interested in research throughout my clinical training as both an NIHR Academic Foundation Trainee, NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow as well during my MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowship (PhD).
I am planning on taking aspects of my PhD preliminary findings further in my upcoming role as a NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer at Newcastle University.
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Drayton T, Harry RA, Diboll J, Munro L, Thalayasingham N, Ostor AJK, Isaacs JD. Immune reconstitution 20 years after treatment with alemtuzumab in a rheumatoid arthritis cohort: implications for lymphocyte depleting therapies. Arthritis Research & Therapy 2016, 18, 302.
- Cooles FAH, Pratt AG, Lendrem DW, Ng WF, Aspray TJ, Isaacs JD. Retrospective analysis of the role of serum vitamin D in early rheumatic disease. Rheumatology 2015, 54(2), 374-375.
- Reynolds G, Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD, Hilkens CMU. Emerging immunotherapies for rheumatoid arthritis. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 2014, 10(4), 822-837.
- Cooles FA, Isaacs JD, Anderson AE. Treg Cells in Rheumatoid Arthritis: An Update. Current Rheumatology Reports 2013, 15(9), 1-9.
- Cooles FAH, Jackson GH, Menon G, Isaacs JD. Epstein-Barr virus-driven lymphoproliferative disorder post-CAMPATH-1H (alemtuzumab) in refractory polymyositis. Rheumatology 2011, 50(4), 810-812.
- Powell J, Cooles FAH, Carrie S, Paleri V. Is undergraduate medical education working for ENT surgery? A survey of UK medical school graduates. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2011, 125(9), 896-905.
- Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD. Pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology 2011, 23(3), 233-240.
- Cooles FAH, Pratt AG, Wilson G, Isaacs JD, Ng WF. Prevalence and diagnostic outcome relating to vitamin D deficiency in new patients presenting to an early arthritis clinic over 12 months. Clinical Rheumatology 2011, 30(8), 1137-1138.
- Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD. Treating to re-establish tolerance in inflammatory arthritis - lessons from other diseases. Best Practice & Research: Clinical Rheumatology 2010, 24(4), 497-511.
- Powell J, Garnett J, Mather MW, Cooles FAH, Nelson A, Verdon B, Scott J, Jiwa K, Ruchaud-Sparagano MH, Cummings SP, Perry JD, Wright SE, Wilson JA, Pearson J, Ward C, Simpson AJ. Excess Mucin Impairs Subglottic Epithelial Host Defense in Mechanically Ventilated Patients. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2018, epub ahead of print.
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Lendrem DW, Norris J, Pratt AG, Hilkens CMU, Isaacs JD. The interferon gene signature is increased in patients with early treatment-naive rheumatoid arthritis and predicts a poorer response to initial therapy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Hilkens C, Isaacs JD. The Interferon Gene Signature in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Demonstrates No Significant Association with Disease Activity. In: 2015 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. 2015, San Francisco, CA, USA: Wiley.