Dr Faye Cooles
I am a Rheumatology Registrar with a research interest in type 1 interferons and their role in autoimmune disease, particularly rheumatoid arthritis.
I have been interested in research throughout my clinical training as both an NIHR Academic Foundation Trainee, NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow as well during my MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowship (PhD).
I am planning on taking aspects of my PhD preliminary findings further in my upcoming role as a NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer at Newcastle University.
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Drayton T, Harry RA, Diboll J, Munro L, Thalayasingham N, Ostor AJK, Isaacs JD. Immune reconstitution 20 years after treatment with alemtuzumab in a rheumatoid arthritis cohort: implications for lymphocyte depleting therapies. Arthritis Research & Therapy 2016, 18, 302.
- Cooles FAH, Pratt AG, Lendrem DW, Ng WF, Aspray TJ, Isaacs JD. Retrospective analysis of the role of serum vitamin D in early rheumatic disease. Rheumatology 2015, 54(2), 374-375.
- Reynolds G, Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD, Hilkens CMU. Emerging immunotherapies for rheumatoid arthritis. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 2014, 10(4), 822-837.
- Cooles FA, Isaacs JD, Anderson AE. Treg Cells in Rheumatoid Arthritis: An Update. Current Rheumatology Reports 2013, 15(9), 1-9.
- Cooles FAH, Jackson GH, Menon G, Isaacs JD. Epstein-Barr virus-driven lymphoproliferative disorder post-CAMPATH-1H (alemtuzumab) in refractory polymyositis. Rheumatology 2011, 50(4), 810-812.
- Powell J, Cooles FAH, Carrie S, Paleri V. Is undergraduate medical education working for ENT surgery? A survey of UK medical school graduates. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2011, 125(9), 896-905.
- Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD. Pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology 2011, 23(3), 233-240.
- Cooles FAH, Pratt AG, Wilson G, Isaacs JD, Ng WF. Prevalence and diagnostic outcome relating to vitamin D deficiency in new patients presenting to an early arthritis clinic over 12 months. Clinical Rheumatology 2011, 30(8), 1137-1138.
- Cooles FAH, Isaacs JD. Treating to re-establish tolerance in inflammatory arthritis - lessons from other diseases. Best Practice & Research: Clinical Rheumatology 2010, 24(4), 497-511.
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Lendrem DW, Norris J, Pratt AG, Hilkens CMU, Isaacs JD. The interferon gene signature is increased in patients with early treatment-naive rheumatoid arthritis and predicts a poorer response to initial therapy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Cooles FAH, Anderson AE, Hilkens C, Isaacs JD. The Interferon Gene Signature in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Demonstrates No Significant Association with Disease Activity. In: 2015 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. 2015, San Francisco, CA, USA: Wiley.