Dr Nicola Smith
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Musculoskeletal Research Group
Institute of Cellular Medicine
4th Floor Catherine Cookson Building
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne
PhD Health Psychology. Thesis entitled: The Effects of Autobiographical Accounts of Breast Cancer Patients and an Electronically Designed BSE Skills Program on Women's Knowledge, Beliefs and Behaviour Towards Breast Self Examination.
MSc Health Psychology.
Stage 1 Qualification in Health Psychology.
BSc (Hons) Psychology.
British Psychological Society.
July 2013 - Present: Research Associate.
Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters (pmm): A Free Online Learning Tool and Information for Clinicians in Paediatric Musculoskeletal Medicine.
January 2015 - Present: Research Associate.
The Use and Effectiveness of Biological Therapies in Adults with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA).
February 2016 - Present: Research Associate.
Paediatric Musculoskeletal (MSK) Triage in the Community - Rightpath - A Pilot Study.
March 2013 - June 2013: Research Associate. Project Title: Enhancing the Usability of the Get Ahead Portal. Teesside University.
Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters
This project involves the development of Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters (pmm), a new evidence based free online information resource and learning tool for paediatric musculoskeletal medicine. The first iteration of pmm focusing on medical students, primary care and all doctors involved in the care of children and young people is now live and pmm for nurses will be launched Summer 2015.
The Use and Effectiveness of Biological Therapies in Adults with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
This project will explore the use of biologics in people with JIA who require de novo use of biologics in adult life.
- Smith N, Rapley T, Jandial S, English C, Davies B, Wyllie R, Foster HE. Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters (pmm) – Collaborative Development of an Online Evidence Based Interactive Learning Tool and Information Resource for Education in Paediatric Musculoskeletal Medicine. Pediatric Rheumatology 2016, 14(1), 1-7.
- Smith N, Dhanrajani A, Foster H, Khubchandani RP. A survey of knowledge, attitudes, and practices relating to musculoskeletal examination among pediatricians in Maharashtra, India. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2015, 10(4), 212-215.
- Smith N, Foster HE, Wyllie R, English C, Davies B, Rapley T. What are the Educational Needs of Nurses Involved in the Care of Children and Young People with Rheumatic Disease?. In: Rheumatology 2015. 2015, Manchester, UK: Oxford University Press.