Dr Vijay Kunadian
Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5797
- Address: Institute of Cellular Medicine | Faculty of Medical Sciences | Newcastle University
M3.131 3rd Floor William Leech Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
Honorary Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Other Responsibilities: Newcastle University
Academic lead for Cardiology: MSc Cardiac Science Module, Newcastle University
Academic lead for Cardiology: NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship, Health Education North East (HENE)
Academic lead for Cardiology: NIHR Academic Foundation Programme, HENE
Academic lead for Cardiology: Cardiology Training Programme, HENE
Associate Fellow: Graduate School, Newcastle University
Lead Supervisor: MBBS Stage 4 SSC in Cardiology and Clinical Cardiology Research, Newcastle University
Lead Supervisor: MRes Cardiovascular Science, Newcastle University
Other Responsibilities: National and International
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS): Steering Committee Member, Research and Development Group
European Society of Cardiology/European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI): Steering Committee Member, Women's Committee, International Collaborations Lead
European Society of Cardiology/European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI): Steering Committee Member, Young Interventionalist Committee, Research Lead
European Society of Cardiology/European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI): EUROPCR Programme Committee
American College of Cardiology: Fellow, Abstract Reviewer, Scientific Sessions, USA
European Society of Cardiology: Fellow, Abstract Reviewer, Faculty member, Scientific Sessions, Europe
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics: Abstract Reviewer, Faculty member, Scientific Sessions USA
Associate Editor: European Heart Journal- Case Reports, Advances in Interventional Cardiology
Women Transforming Leadership Programme, Said Business School, University of Oxford
Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Trials, University of London (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), UK
FESC Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology, Europe
FACC Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, USA
FRCP Fellow of Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh, UK
MD Newcastle University, UK
MRCP Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh, UK
Postgraduate and Academic Training
General and Internal Medicine, Northern Deanery, UK
General and Interventional Cardiology, Northern Deanery, UK
Research Scholar: TIMI/PERFUSE Angiographic Core Lab, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA
Research Registrar: The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
Invited Peer Reviewer for journals and funding bodies
The American Journal of Cardiology, Heart, Herz, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention, Journal of Interventional Cardiology, The Lancet , American Heart Journal, Open Heart, Circulation and many others
Expert grant reviewer: Medical Research Council (MRC), NIHR, BHF
Expert technology appraiser: NICE
British Cardiovascular Society
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
European Society of Cardiology
European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions
American College of Cardiology
Invited Faculty/Speaker National and International Cardiology Societies
Chair: Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh Cardiology Symposium 2016 Organising Committee
European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015, 2016, 2017
EUROPCR 2016, 2017
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics, USA 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society, London, UK 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017
World Heart Federation Dubai 2012
Stent for Life Prague 2012
Awards, Honours, Fellowships ICON Study Group
The Frank Knox Memorial Harvard Fellowship 2016-2017 Award to Dr. Jonathan Batty (VK Lead Supervisor)
The Barbour Foundation Scholarship Award 2015-2016 to Mr. Benjamin Beska (VK Lead Supervisor)
Best abstract award ICON1 study, American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions- Geriatric Cardiology Group 2015, San Diego
Winning Moderated Poster Award, European Society of Cardiology Congress 2014, Barcelona
American Heart Association International Mentorship Award 2014 to Dr Denton (VK Lead Supervisor)
Finalist, TCT 2010, Thomas J Linnemeier Young Investigator Award- Washington DC.
Group Name: ICON Study Group
Despite significant developments in pharmacotherapy and interventional strategies, cardiovascular diseases remain the leading cause of death in the UK. Moreover, there is a growing ageing and co-morbid population in whom the cardiovascular disease burden is very high. My group’s research interests thus far primarily focussed on addressing the unmet needs of improving cardiovascular outcomes under the acronym ICON (Improve Cardiovascular Outcomes in High Risk PatieNts) in this neglected cohort of patients.
Chief Investigator: ICON 1 Study
Funder: Newcastle NIHR BRC (3 Years)
A Study to Improve Cardiovascular Outcomes in High Risk PatieNts with Acute Coronary Syndrome : UKCRN ID 12742.
Ischaemic heart disease (IHD) is the leading cause of death worldwide. There has been rapid progress in the management of acute coronary syndromes over the last decade with the use of adjunctive pharmacotherapy, specifically novel antiplatelets and anticoagulants, and advanced percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) techniques. These medical and technical advancements have led to improved survival and gains in life expectancy, especially in younger individuals (<65 years of age) and in men. There is a steep increase in mortality due to ischaemic heart disease among those aged >70 years of age. Despite the increasing burden of ischemic heart disease among the ageing population, there are few studies evaluating novel therapies and interventions among older patients to improve their cardiovascular outcomes in this growing ageing population. My current research focuses to determine the predictors of poor quality of life and adverse outcomes following PCI for acute coronary syndrome in older patients by evaluating frailty scores, biomarker profile, non-invasive cardiovascular parameters (CIMT, vascular stiffness, endothelial function, diastolic function) and invasive imaging (coronary angiography, virtual histology intravascular ultrasound, optical coherence tomography) to develop an integrated risk score to predict outcomes and inform clinical decision making.
Chief Investigator: APPLE-COPD: ICON 2 Study
Funder: Astra Zeneca (2 Years)
Antiplatelet therapy in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with COPD
Patients with COPD (chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema) are known to be at an increased risk of heart disease and death due to heart attacks. There are several possible reasons for this, one of which is an increased tendency of the blood to clot, that can give rise to blood clot formation in the coronary arteries, and lead to heart attack. Medications such as Aspirin and another new blood thinning tablet called Ticagrelor are already used for patients with heart attacks. Given that patients with COPD are at higher risk of heart attack, we wish to see if these tablets that can prevent blood clot formation in heart arteries might also prevent heart attacks happening in COPD patients. We hope to understand the effects by measuring clotting and inflammation in the blood. All patients will be followed up for 6-months. We also wish to study COPD patients who do not have high risk of developing future heart problems using the QRISK score to study their well being over a 1 year period to see if these patients might also benefit from blood thinning medications.
UK Chief Investigator: The British Heart Foundation SENIOR-RITA Trial
Funder: The British Heart Foundation Clinical Study Grant CS/15/7/31679 (5 Years)
The British Heart Foundation older patients with non-ST SEgmeNt elevatIOn myocaRdial infarction Randomized Interventional TreAtment Trial
Our population is ageing. Age is a powerful predictor of adverse events following acute myocardial infarction and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): adjusted odds for in-hospital death increase by 70% for each 10-year increase in age. Older patients are often frail with up to a half of older patients (≥75 years) admitted with non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) being severely frail. These frail older patients have a 4-fold increased risk of death at 1-year and yet are often denied coronary revascularisation because of fear of complications and causing harm. The goals of this study are to determine the benefit and risk of coronary revascularisation versus conservative management in high-risk older patients presenting with non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) and receiving optimal medical therapy. We will explore the predictors and mechanisms of benefit and risk in relation to clinical outcomes, quality of life, and frailty scores.
Chief Investigator: ASPIRE Study
Funder: Research Capability Fund (2 Years)
Aspirin Resistance Among Pregnant Women at Risk of Preeclampsia: UKCRN ID 14468.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) remain the leading cause of death particularly among younger women. Diseases such as preeclampsia and gestational diabetes are unique among women that lead to poor outcomes including the occurrence of myocardial infarction and death in the future. Strategies to prevent such pregnancy related diseases are required to improve clinical outcomes among women. The current study is designed to determine the benefit of the use of low dose aspirin (ASA) among women at risk of preeclampsia. Given not all patients respond to aspirin therapy adequately in terms of platelet inhibition, the present study will determine response to aspirin therapy among pregnant women at risk of preeclampsia using specialised platelet function assays (Verify Now, Multiplate, serum thromboxane B2 and urine 11-Dehydrothromboxane B2). Data collected in this pilot study will be used to develop a proposal for a randomised controlled study of the effectiveness of aspirin dosage adjustment according to bedside platelet function testing for the prevention of preeclampsia.
UK National Coordinating Investigator: TWILIGHT Study
Sponsor: Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York, USA
Funder: Astra Zeneca
The purpose of this study is to compare the use of ticagrelor alone versus ticagrelor and aspirin together. Both ticagrelor and aspirin stop platelets from sticking together and forming a blood clot that could block blood flow to the heart. This study will look to determine the effectiveness and safety of ticagrelor alone, compared to ticagrelor plus aspirin in reducing clinically relevant bleeding and in reducing ischemic adverse events among high-risk patients who have had a percutaneous intervention with at least one drug-eluting stent. A patient is considered high-risk if they meet certain clinical and/or anatomic criteria. Up to 9000 subjects will be enrolled at the time of their index PCI. Subjects meeting randomization eligibility criteria at 3 months post enrollment will be randomized to either ticagrelor plus aspirin or ticagrelor plus placebo for an additional 12 months. Follow-up clinic visits will be performed at 3 months, 9 months and 15 months post enrollment.
Local Principal Investigator:
MVO/REFLOW MI Trial: Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Intracoronary Administration of Adenosine or Sodium Nitroprusside to Control for Attenuation of Microvascular Obstruction During Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention - UKCRN ID 12168
COMPLETE Trial: A randomised, comparative effectiveness study of complete versus culprit-only revascularization strategies to treat multi-vessel disease after primary percutaneous coronary interventions for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction - UKCRN ID 15425
Lead Supervisor-Postgraduates, Newcastle University:
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Dr. Hannah Sinclair MB ChB MRCP (Newcastle NIHR BRC Fellow)- Thesis Title: Determinants of Adverse Outcomes Following Acute Coronary Syndromes among Older (75+) Patients: Evaluation Utilising Advanced Intracoronary Cardiovascular Imaging Techniques
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Dr. Murugapthy Veerasamy MBBS MRCP- Thesis Title: Impact of frailty, comorbidity and cardiovascular status on cardiovascular outcomes and quality of life in older patients with non ST elevation acute coronary syndrome managed by invasive strategy
Dr. Hani Ali MBBS MRCP-Thesis Title: Antiplatelet therapy in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with COPD
Dr. Mina Ghobrial MBBS MRCP
NIHR Academic Foundation Programme in Cardiology
Dr. Jonathan Batty BSc MB ChB (2014-2016)
Dr. Benjamin Beska MBBS MRes (2017-2019)
NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship in Cardiology
Dr. Sophie Gu MBBS MRCP (2016-)
Lead Supervisor-Newcastle University BSc/MRes/MSc Students:
1. Ms. Shobana Anpalakhan MBBS/MRes (Newcastle University) 2017
2. Mr. Adam Miller MBBS/MRes (Newcastle University) 2017
3. Ms. Amy Burrell BSc (Newcastle University) 2017
4. Mr. Benjamin Beska MBBS (Newcastle University) 2016 (MRes Pass with Distinction)- Thesis Title: The Role of Vitamin D and Parathyroid Hormone as Biomarkers in Older Patients with Non-ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome: The ICON1 Biomarker Sub-study
5. Ms. Rebecca Jordan MSc (Newcastle University) 2016 (MSc Pass with Distinction)- Thesis Title: Evaluation of pattern of coronary artery disease in older patients with non ST elevation acute coronary syndrome
6. Ms. Shristy Subba BSc MRes Cardiovascular Science, Newcastle University-2015 (Pass)- Thesis Title: Characterisation of coronary artery plaque composition using virtual histology intravascular ultrasound imaging in older patients with non-ST elevation myocardial infarction
7. Dr. Meedya Sharifpour MBBS MRes (Keele University)- 2014 (Merit)- Thesis Title: Association of Circulating Inflammatory Biomarkers, Cardiovascular Function and Frailty Among Older Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome
8. Dr. Kimberly Batanghari MBBS MRes (Indonesia)- 2014 (Merit)- Thesis Title: ICON1: Association Between Ageing and The Pattern of Coronary Artery Disease in Older Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome
9. Ms. Dhiluni Kandage BSc (Newcastle University) 2014 (Completed with Distinction)- Thesis Title: A comparison of coronary angiographic variables among frail versus non-frail older patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention
10. Ms. Jennie Parker BSc (Newcastle University) 2014 (Completed with Distinction)- Thesis Title: The association between carotid intima-media thickness and angiographic SYNTAX score
Lead Supervisor-Newcastle University Stage 4 MBBS Cardiology SSC Students:
2016: Doyin Oyekan; Upasana Gurunathan; Matthew Gale; Gianfranco Artesi
2015: Manushi Vyas; Jia Ang; Benjamin Beska; David Townsend; Matt Byrne; James Latimer
2014: Bethany Wilson; Mark Carpenter; Ross Fowkes; Ying Tan; Xuyan Teoh; Jin Tee
MBBS Student Electives in Cardiology
2016: Tehreem Afzal (NUMED Malaysia), Taimur Durrani (Pakistan)
2015: Gigi Wing Chi Li (Hong Kong University); Tan Sze (NUMED Malaysia)
2014: Victor Tsoi (NU), Jin Tee (NU)
2013: Raheel Ahmed (NU), Joseph Dunford (NU)
Undergraduate Teaching and Supervision
Supervisor: Student Selected Components (SSC) Stage 4 MBBS Students- Newcastle University
Personal Tutor: Stage 1 and Stage 3 Medical Students- Newcastle University
Academic Lead Cardiology/Instructor: Department of Health Modernising Scientific Careers MSc in Cardiovascular Science, Newcastle University
Lead Supervisor: Masters by Research (MRes), Newcastle University
Manuscripts Published by Stage 4 MBBS SSC students so far:
- Kuldeepa Ghoorah, Peter Campbell, Alexandra Kent, Annette Maznyczka, Vijay Kunadian. Obesity and cardiovascular outcomes: a review. European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care 2016 Feb;5(1):77-85
- Raheel Ahmed, Joseph Dunford, Roxana Mehran, Stephen Robson, Vijay Kunadian. Preeclampsia and Future Cardiovascular Risk among Women: A Review. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2014;63(18):1815-22.
- Vijay Kunadian, Hannah Sinclair, Aaron Sutton, George Dangas. Aspirin, Platelet P2Y12 Receptor Inhibitors and other Oral Antiplatelets: Comparative Pharmacology and Role in Elective PCI. Interventional Cardiology Clinics 2013; Vol. 2, Issue 4, Pages 527-535.
- Vijay Kunadian, Joseph Dunford, Daniel Swarbrick, C Michael Gibson. Triple antiplatelet therapy and combinations with oral anticoagulants after stent implantation. Interventional Cardiology Clinics 2013; Vol. 2, Issue 4, Pages 595-606.
- Vijay Kunadian, Andrew Harper, Bilal Bawamia, Azfar Zaman. Drug eluting stents versus bare metal stents in primary PCI. Future Medicine Dec 2012; Vol. 4, No. 6, Pages 689-700.
- Kuldeepa Ghoorah, Anthony De Soyza, Vijay Kunadian. Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and the Potential Mechanisms Linking the Two Conditions: A Review. Cardiology in Review. 2013 Jul-Aug;21(4):196-202.
- Andrew Pugh, John Bourke, Vijay Kunadian. Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes and the Potential Role of Screening in its Prevention. Post Graduate Medical Journal. 2012; Jul;88(1041):382-90
- Vijay Kunadian, Andrew Pugh, Azfar Zaman, Weiliang Qiu. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention among Patients with Severe Left Ventricular Dysfunction: A Review and Meta-analysis of 19 Clinical Studies. Coronary Artery Disease 2012; 23(7):469-79.
- Backshall J, Ford GA, Bawamia B, Quinn L, Trenell M, Kunadian V. Physical Activity in the Management of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease: A Review. Cardiology in Review. 2014
- Raheel Ahmed, Kuldeepa Ghoorah, Vijay Kunadian. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Risk Factors for Adverse Events: A Review. Cardiology in Review.2016 Mar-Apr;24(2):88-93
- Carpenter M, Sinclair H, Kunadian V. Carotid Intima Media Thickness and Its Utility as a Predictor of Cardiovascular Disease. A Review of Evidence. Cardio Rev. 2016; 24(2):70-5
- Tan YC, Sinclair H, Ghoorah K, Teoh X, Mehran R, Kunadian V. Gender differences in outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome in the currentera: A review. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care 2015
- Kunadian V, Qiu WL, Lagerqvist B, Johnston N, Sinclair H, Tan Y, Ludman P, James S, Sarno G, National Institute for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research and Swedish Coronary Angiography. Gender Differences in Outcomes and Predictors of All-Cause Mortality After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (Data from United Kingdom and Sweden). American Journal of Cardiology 2017, 119(2), 210-216.
- Kunadian V, Neely D, Sinclair H, Batty JA, Veerasamy M, Ford GA, Qiu W. A Study to Improve Cardiovascular Outcomes in High-Risk Older PatieNts (ICON-1) with Acute Coronary Syndrome: Study Design and Protocol of a Prospective Observational Study. BMJ Open 2016, 6, e012091.
- Ahmed R, Ghoorah K, Kunadian V. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Risk Factors for Adverse Events. Cardiology in Review 2016, 24(2), 88-93.
- Collins C, Kunadian V, James P, Robson S. Cardiovascular risk and vascular function after pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsia and small for gestational age. In: RCOG World Congress. 2016, Birmingham, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Carpenter M, Sinclair H, Kunadian V. Carotid Intima Media Thickness and Its Utility as a Predictor of Cardiovascular Disease: A Review of Evidence. Cardiology in Review 2016, 24(2), 70-75.
- Fowkes R, Byrne M, Sinclair H, Tang E, Kunadian V. Coronary artery disease in patients with dementia. Coronary Artery Disease 2016, 27(6), 511-520.
- Sinclair H, Kunadian V. Coronary revascularisation in older patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes. Heart 2016, 102(6), 416-424.
- Batty JA, Lima JAC, Kunadian V. Direct cellular reprogramming for cardiac repair and regeneration. European Journal of Heart Failure 2016, 18(2), 145-156.
- Sinclair H, Batty JA, Qiu W, Kunadian V. Engaging older patients in cardiovascular research: Observational analysis of the ICON-1 study. Open Heart 2016, 3(2).
- Tan YC, Sinclair H, Ghoorah K, Teoh X, Mehran R, Kunadian V. Gender differences in outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome in the current era: A review. European heart journal. Acute cardiovascular care 2016, 5(7), 51-60.
- Batty JA, Subba S, Luke P, Gigi LWC, Sinclair H, Kunadian V. Intracoronary Imaging in the Detection of Vulnerable Plaques. Current Cardiology Reports 2016, 18(3), 28.
- Grapsa J, Kunadian V, Capodanno D, Vidal-Perez R, Radu M, Christia P, Efimova A, Windecker S, Lancellotti P, Cosyns B, Donal E, Popescu BA, Habib G. Joint EACVI HIT/EAPCI young survey/ESC CoT survey: training and education for 'multimodality imaging in structural interventions': the rise of a new sub-specialty?. European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Imaging 2016, 17(12), 1432-1433.
- Parikh JD, Hollingsworth KG, Kunadian V, Blamire AM, MacGowan GA. Measurement of pulse wave velocity in normal ageing: comparison of Vicorder and magnetic resonance phase contrast imaging. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders 2016, 16, 50.
- Lima J, Batty J, Sinclair H, Kunadian V. MicroRNAs in Ischemic Heart Disease: From Pathophysiology to Potential Clinical Applications. Cardiology in Review 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Beska B, Eggett C, Kunadian V. Mitral Valvuloplasty for Mitral Stenosis. In: Patrizia Presbitero, Julinda Mehilli, Anna Sonia Petronio, ed. Percutaneous Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases in Women. Springer, 2016, pp.127-13.
- Capranzano P, Kunadian V, Mauri J, Petronio AS, Salvatella N, Appelman Y, Gilard M, Mikhail GW, Schüpke S, Radu MD, Vaquerizo B, Presbitero P, Morice MC, Mehilli J. Motivations for and barriers to choosing an interventional cardiology career path: results from the EAPCI Women Committee worldwide survey. EuroIntervention 2016, 12(1), 53-59.
- Ghoorah K, Campbell P, Kent A, Maznyczka A, Kunadian V. Obesity and cardiovascular outcomes: A review. European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care 2016, 5(1), 77-85.
- Latimer J, Batty JA, Neely RD, Kunadian V. PCSK9 inhibitors in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2016, 42(3), 405-419.
- Nazir SA, McCann GP, Greenwood JP, Kunadian V, Khan JN, Mahmoud IZ, Blackman DJ, Been M, Abrams KR, Shipley L, Wilcox R, Adgey AA, Gershlick AH. Strategies to attenuate micro-vascular obstruction during P-PCI: the randomized reperfusion facilitated by local adjunctive therapy in ST-elevation myocardial infarction trial. European Heart Journal 2016, 37(24), 1910-1919.
- Varenhorst CV, Akerblom A, Renlund H, Kunadian V, James SK, Steg PG, Katus HA, Himmelmann A, Aylward P, Maurer G, Storey RF, Armstrong PW, Gibson M, Wallentin L. Successful reperfusion is associated with lower levels of markers of myocardial damage and dysfunction in ST-elevation but not in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: insights from the PLATO trial. In: ESC Congress 2016 (European Society of Cardiology). 2016, Rome, Italy: Oxford University Press.
- Charman SJ, van Hees VT, Quinn L, Dunford JR, Bawamia B, Veerasamy M, Trenell MI, Jakovljevic DG, Kunadian V. The effect of percutaneous coronary intervention on habitual physical activity in older patients. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders 2016, 16(1), 248.
- Sinclair H, Veerasamy M, Bourantas C, Egred M, Nair A, Calvert PA, Brugaletta S, Mintz GS, Kunadian V. The Role of Virtual Histology Intravascular Ultrasound in the Identification of Coronary Artery Plaque Vulnerability in Acute Coronary Syndromes. Cardiology in Review 2016, 24(6), 303-309.
- Veerasamy M, Edwards R, Ford G, Kirkwood T, Newton J, Jones D, Kunadian V. Acute Coronary Syndrome among Older Patients: A Review. Cardiology in Review 2015, 23(1), 26-32.
- Kunadian V, Veerasamy M, Sinclair H, Batty J, Sharifpour M, Lima J, Neely D, Martin-Ruiz C, Saretzki G. Association of Telomere Length and Telomerase Activity with Clinical Parameters in Older Patients Undergoing Invasive Management Of non-ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. In: BCS annual conference. 2015, Manchester, UK: BMJ Group.
- Kwok CS, Kontopantelis E, Kunadian V, Anderson S, Ratib K, Sperrin M, Zaman A, Ludman PF, De Belder MA, Nolan J, Mamas MA, Natl Inst Cardiovasc Outcomes Res, British Cardiovasc Intervention So. Effect of access site, gender, and indication on clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention: Insights from the British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS). American Heart Journal 2015, 170(1), 164-172.e5.
- Veerasamy M, Bagnall A, Neely D, Allen J, Sinclair H, Kunadian V. Endothelial Dysfunction and Coronary Artery Disease A State of the Art Review. Cardiology in Review 2015, 23(3), 119-129.
- Bawamia B, Sinclair H, Veerasamy M, Kunadian V. Interventional Management of Coronary Artery Disease: Acute Coronary Syndromes. In: PanVascular Medicine. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2015, pp.2071-2107.
- Kunadian V, Veerasamy M, Sinclair H, Qiu WL, Das R, Ahmed J, Purcell I, Edwards R, Zaman A, Bagnall A. Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events at 30-days were not Significantly different between Frail and non-frail older ( ≥75 Years) Patients with non ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Managed by Invasive Strategy: An Analysis from the ICON1 Study. In: BCS Annual Conference: Hearts and Genes. 2015, Manchester, UK: BMJ Publishing Group.
- Sinclair H, Bourantas C, Bagnall A, Mintz GS, Kunadian V. OCT for the Identification of Vulnerable Plaque in Acute Coronary Syndrome. JACC-Cardiovascular Imaging 2015, 8(2), 198-209.
- Backshall J, Ford GA, Bawamia B, Quinn L, Trenell M, Kunadian V. Physical Activity in the Management of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease: A Review. Cardiology in Review 2015, 23(1), 18-25.
- Lima J, Kunadian V. Vitamin D: evidence for an association with coronary collateral circulation development?. Postepy W Kardiologii Interwencyjnej 2015, 11(3), 174-176.
- Kunadian V, Giugliano R, Newby LK, Zorkun C, Guo J, Bagai A, Montalescot G, Braunwald E, Califf RM, Van de Werf F, Armstrong PW, Harrington R, Gibson CM. Angiographic Outcomes with Early Eptifibatide Therapy in Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome (From the EARLY ACS Trial). American Journal of Cardiology 2014, 113(8), 1297-1305.
- Veerasamy M, Ford GA, Neely D, Bagnall A, Macgowan G, Das R, Kunadian V. Association of Aging, Arterial Stiffness and Cardiovascular Disease: A Review. Cardiology in Review 2014, 22(5), 223-232.
- Kunadian V, Mehran R, Lincoff AM, Feit F, Manoukian SV, Hamon M, Cox DA, Dangas GD, Stone GW. Effect of Anemia on Frequency of Short- and Long-Term Clinical Events in Acute Coronary Syndromes (from the Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy Trial). American Journal of Cardiology 2014, 114(12), 1823-1829.
- Crittenden S, Coulson E, Kunadian V, Ng WF, Foster HE. Elevated Cardiovascular Disease Burden and Inflammatory Biomarker Levels in Adults with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. In: 2014 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. 2014, Boston, MA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Veerasamy M, Sinclair H, Newton J, Kirkwood T, Kunadian V. Frailty is common among older patients referred for invasive treatment in the setting of non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome. In: ESC Congress 2014. 2014, Barcelona, Spain: Oxford University Press.
- Kunadian V, Bawamia B, Maznyczka A, Zaman A, Qiu W. Outcomes Following Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in the Setting of Cardiac Arrest: A Registry Database Study. European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care 2014, 1-10.
- Kunadian V, Qiu W, Ludman P, Redwood S, Curzen N, Stables R, Gunn J, Gershlick A. Outcomes in patients with cardiogenic shock following percutaneous coronary intervention in the contemporary era: an analysis from the british cardiovascular intervention society (BCIS) database. In: European Society of Cardiology Congress. 2014, Barcelona, Spain: Oxford University Press.
- Ahmed R, Dunford J, Mehran R, Robson S, Kunadian V. Pre-Eclampsia and Future Cardiovascular Risk among Women: A Review. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2014, 63(18), 1815-1822.
- Denton SJ, vanHees VT, Bawamia B, Veerasamy M, Quinn L, Dunford JR, Trenell MI, Jakovljevic DG, Kunadian V. Sedentary Behaviour and Physical Activity Among Older Patients Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Presented with Stable Angina versus Acute Coronary Syndrome. In: American Heart Association's 2014 Scientific Sessions and Resuscitation Science Symposium. 2014, Chicago, Illinois: American Heart Association , Inc.
- Nazir SA, Khan JN, Mahmoud IZ, Greenwood JP, Blackman DJ, Kunadian V, Been M, Abrams KR, Wilcox R, Adgey AAJ, McCann GP, Gershlick AH. The REFLO-STEMI trial comparing intracoronary adenosine, sodium nitroprusside and standard therapy for the attenuation of infarct size and microvascular obstruction during primary percutaneous coronary intervention: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials 2014, 15, 371.
- Kunadian V, Ford GA, Bawamia B, Qiu W, Manson JE. Vitamin D deficiency and coronary artery disease: A review of the evidence. American Heart Journal 2014, 167(3), 283-291.
- Navarese EP, Buffon A, Kozinski M, Obonska K, Rychter M, Kunadian V, Austin D, De Servi S, Sukiennik A, Kubica J. A critical overview on ticagrelor in acute coronary syndromes. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine 2013, 106(2), 105-115.
- Noman A, Balasubramaniam K, Das R, Ang D, Kunadian V, Ivanauskiene T, Zaman AG. Admission Heart Rate Predicts Mortality Following Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: An Observational Study. Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2013, 31(6), 363-369.
- Kunadian V, James S, Wojdyla D, Zorkun C, Wu J, Storey RF, Steg G, Katus H, Emanuelsson H, Horrow J, Maya H, Wallentin L, Harrington R, Gibson CM. Angiographic Outcomes in the PLATO Trial (Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes). Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions 2013, 6(7), 671-683.
- Kunadian V, James SK, Wojdyla DM, Zorkun C, Wu JH, Storey RF, Steg PG, Katus H, Emanuelsson H, Horrow J, Maya J, Wallentin L, Harrington RA, Gibson M. Angiographic Outcomes in the PLATO Trial (Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes). JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions 2013, 6(7), 671-683.
- Kunadian V, Sinclair H, Sutton A, Dangas GD. Aspirin, Platelet P2Y12 Receptor Inhibitors, and Other Oral Antiplatelets: Comparative Pharmacology and Role in Elective PCI. Interventional Cardiology Clinics 2013, 2(4), 527-535.
- Kunadian V, Harper A, Bawamia B, Zaman A. Drug eluting stents versus bare metal stents in primary PCI. Future Medicine 2013. In Press.
- Navarese EP, Austin D, Gurbel PA, Andreotti F, Tantry U, James S, Buffon A, Kozinski M, Obonska K, Bliden K, Jeong YH, Kubica J, Kunadian V. Drug-coated balloons in treatment of in-stent restenosis: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Clinical Research in Cardiology 2013, 102(4), 279-287.
- Kunadian V, Qiu WL, Bawamia B, Veerasamy M, Jamieson S, Zaman A. Gender Comparisons in Cardiogenic Shock During ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated by Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. American Journal of Cardiology 2013, 112(5), 636-641.
- Ghoorah K, De Soyza A, Kunadian V. Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and the Potential Mechanisms Linking the Two Conditions: A Review. Cardiology in Review 2013, 21(4), 196-202.
- Kunadian V, Qiu W, Bawamia B, Jamieson S, Zaman A. Primary PCI for ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction in patients with cardiogenic shock: Declining mortality with absence of gender difference. American Journal of Cardiology 2013. Submitted.
- Bawamia B, Mehran R, Wei LQ, Kunadian V. Risk scores in acute coronary syndrome and percutaneous coronary intervention: A review. American Heart Journal 2013, 165(4), 441-450.
- Kunadian V, Dunford J, Swarbrick D, Halaby R, Patrick W, Maddaleni M, Gibson CM. Triple antiplatelet therapy and combinations with oral anticoagulants after stent implantation. Interventional Cardiology Clinics 2013. Submitted.
- Vlachojannis G, Kunadian V, Sweeny J, Mehran R. Antithrombotic therapy in non–ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes. In: Moliterno, D.J., Kristensen, S.D., De Caterina, R, ed. Therapeutic Advances in Thrombosis. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2012, pp.205-212.
- Pride YB, Mohanavelu S, Zorkun C, Kunadian V, Giugliano RP, Newby LK, Braunwald E, Califf RM, Harrington R, Gibson CM. Association between Angiographic Complications and Clinical Outcomes among Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: An EARLY ACS Angiographic Substudy. Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Interventions 2012, 5(9), 927-935.
- Kunadian V, Coats L, Kini A, Mehran R. Cardiogenic Shock in Women. Interventionals Cardiology Clinics 2012, 1(2), 231-243.
- Kunadian V, Austin D, Bland J. In-hospital Mortality Following Primary Angioplasty in the Setting of Cardiac Arrest is High and Varies Depending on Patient Location at the Time of Arrest: A UK Registry Database Study. In: Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Symposium. 2012, Miami, Florida, USA: Elsevier Inc.
- Kunadian V, Veerasamy M, Zaman A. Lack of gender difference and improved in-hospital mortality rates in patients with cardiogenic shock following primary percutaneous coronary intervention: a UK tertiary cardiac centre registry study. In: Congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). 2012, Munchen, Germany: Oxford University Press.
- Kunadian V, Pugh A, Zaman AG, Qiu WL. Percutaneous coronary intervention among patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a review and meta-analysis of 19 clinical studies. Coronary Artery Disease 2012, 23(7), 469-479.
- Bundhoo SS, Earp E, Ivanauskiene T, Kunadian V, Freeman P, Edwards R, Kinnaird TD, Zaman A, Anderson RA. Saphenous vein graft percutaneous coronary intervention via radial artery access: Safe and effective with reduced hospital length of stay. American Heart Journal 2012, 164(4), 468-472.
- Pugh A, Bourke JP, Kunadian V. Sudden cardiac death among competitive adult athletes: a review. Postgraduate Medical Journal 2012, 88(1041), 382-390.
- Kunadian V, Gibson CM. Thrombolytics and Myocardial Infarction. Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2012, 30(2), e81-e88.
- Kunadian V, Pride YB, Buris J, Ciaglo L, Morrow D, Gibson CM. Coronary Flow Reserve Varies Depending Upon the Location Within the Artery it is Assessed and the TIMI Myocardial Perfusion Grade: A PROTECT TIMI-30 Analysis. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2011, 32(4), 448-452.
- Kunadian V, Zorkun C, James S, Wu J, Muhammad A, Storey R, Steg G, Katus H, Emanuelsson H, Horrow J, Maya J, Wallentin L, Harrington R, Gibson CM. Angiographic outcomes in the platelet inhibition and platelet outcomes (PLATO) trial. In: American College of Cardiology: American College of Cardiology i2 summit. 2011, New Orleans, Los Angeles, USA: Elsevier Inc.
- Pride YB, Mohanavelu S, Giugliano RP, Newby LK, Zorkun C, Kunadian V, Braunwald E, Califf RM, Harrington RA, Gibson CM. Association Between Angiographic Complications During Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and Clinical Outcomes Among Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome: An EARLY ACS Angiographic Substudy. In: American Heart Association Annual Congress. 2011, Orlando, Florida.
- Kunadian V, Pugh A, Qiu WL. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients with Severe Left Ventricular Dysfunction: A Meta-analysis of 19 Studies. In: Journal of the American College of Cardiology: 23rd Annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Symposium. 2011, San Francisco, California, USA: Elsevier Inc.
- Kunadian V, Morley R, Adam Z, Muir D, Sutton A, Wright R, Hall J, Carter J, Swanson N, de Belder M. Percutaneous coronary intervention using radial access is associated with less radiation exposure to patients compared with femoral access. In: European Society of Cardiology Congress. 2011, Paris, France.
- Kunadian V, Gibson CM. Recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activators: "Time Matters". Drugs of Today 2011, 47(7), 559-570.
- Kunadian V, Zaman A, Qiu WL. Revascularization among patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction: a meta-analysis of observational studies. European Journal of Heart Failure 2011, 13(7), 773-784.
- Best PJ, Skelding KA, Mehran R, Chieffo A, Kunadian V, Madan M, Mikhail GW, Mauri F, Takahashi S, Honye J, Hernández-Antolín R, Weiner BH. SCAI consensus document on occupational radiation exposure to the pregnant cardiologist and technical personnel. Heart, Lung & Circulation 2011, 20(2), 83-90.
- Best PJ, Skelding KA, Mehran R, Chieffo A, Kunadian V, Madan M, Mikhail GW, Mauri F, Takahashi S, Honye J, Hernández-Antolín R, Weiner BH. SCAI consensus document on occupational radiation exposure to the pregnant cardiologist and technical personnel. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2011, 77(2), 232-241.
- Best PJ, Skelding KA, Mehran R, Chieffo A, Kunadian V, Madan M, Mikhail GW, Mauri F, Takahashi S, Honye J, Hernández-Antolín R, Weiner BH. SCAI Consensus Document on Occupational Radiation Exposure to the Pregnant Cardiologist and Technical Personnel. Eurointervention 2011, 6(7), 866-874.
- Kunadian V, Zaman A, Spyridopoulos I, Qiu W. Sodium bicarbonate for the prevention of contrast induced nephropathy: A meta-analysis of published clinical trials. European Journal of Radiology 2011, 79(1), 48-55.
- Kunadian V, Qiu W. Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery among Patients with Severely Impaired Left Ventricular Systolic Function is Associated with Improved Long-term Survival: A Meta-analysis of Observational Studies. In: Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics. 2010, Washington DC, USA: Elsevier Inc.
- Gibson CM, Pride YB, Aylward PE, Col JJ, Goodman SG, Gulba D, Bergovec M, Kunadian V, Zorkun C, Buros JL, Murphy SA, Antman EM. Association of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs with Outcomes in Patients with ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated with Fibrinolytic Therapy: An ExTRACT-TIMI 25 Analysis. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2009, 27(1), 11-17.
- Kunadian V, Zaman A, Qiu W. Sodium Bicarbonate For The Prevention Of Contrast Induced Nephropathy: A Meta-Analysis. In: SCAI’s 32nd Annual Scientific Sessions. 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Kunadian V, Harrigan C, Zorkun C, Palmer AM, Ogando KJ, Biller LH, Lord EE, Williams SP, Lew ME, Ciaglo LN, Buros JL, Marble SJ, Gibson WJ, Gibson CM. Use of the TIMI Frame Count in the Assessment of Coronary Artery Blood Flow and Microvascular Function Over the Past 15 years. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2009, 27(3), 316-328.
- Kunadian V, De Belder MA. Angiographic and physiologic assessment of coronary flow and myocardial perfusion in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Acute Cardiac Care 2008, 10(2), 69-78.
- Gibson CM, Zorkun C, Kunadian V. Intracoronary Administration of Abciximab in ST elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circulation 2008, 118(1), 6-8.
- Kunadian V, Zorkun C, Williams SP, Biller LH, Palmer AM, Ogando KJ, Lew ME, Nethala N, Gibson WJ, Marble SJ, Buros JL, Gibson CM. Intracoronary Pharmacotherapy in the Management of Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2008, 26(3), 234-242.
- Ciaglo L, Karmpaliotis D, Kunadian V, Gibson W, Buros J, Zorkun C, Lew M, Harrington R, Palmer A, Ogando K, Biller L, Lord E, Williams S, Marble S, Alexander J, Gibson CM. Larger Saphenous Vein Grafts in Relation to Native Artery are Associated with Reduced TIMI Grade 3 Flow but Improved Myocardial Perfusion at 1 Year: A PREVENT IV Analysis . In: Circulation: American Heart Association Scientific Sessions. 2008, Orlando, Florida, USA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Kunadian V, Griffiths A, Hasan A, O'Sullivan J. Late hazards after repair of coarctation of the aorta. British Medical Journal 2008, 336(7647), 772-773.
- Hobson AR, McKenzie DB, Kunadian V, Purcell I, Zaman A, Dawkins KD, Curzen N. Malignancy: An unrecognized risk factor for coronary stent thrombosis?. Journal of Invasive Cardiology 2008, 20(4), E120-E123.
- Gibson CM, Pride YB, Buros JL, Kunadian V, Southard MC, Harrigan CJ, Ciaglo LN, Sabatine MS, Cannon CP, Braunwald E. Relation of hyperemic epicardial flow to outcomes among patients with ST segment elevation myocardial infarction receiving fibrinolytic therapy. American Journal of Cardiology 2008, 101(9), 1232-1238.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, Dunning J, Sutton AG, Muir DF, Wright RA, Hall JA, de Belder MA. Rescue angioplasty after failed fibrinolysis for acute myocardial infarction: predictors of a failed procedure and 1-year mortality. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2008, 71(2), 138-145.
- Thambyrajah J, Kunadian V, Graham RJ, Turley AJ, de Belder MA, Stewart MJ. Strain rate imaging pre- and post-percutaneous coronary intervention: a potential role in the objective detection of ischaemia in exercise stress echocardiography. European Journal of Echocardiography 2008, 9(5), 646-54.
- Kunadian V, Zorkun C, Gibson WJ, Nethala N, Harrigan C, Palmer AM, Ogando KJ, Biller LH, Lord EE, Williams SP, Lew ME, Ciaglo LN, Buros JL, Marble SJ, Gibson CM. Transfusion Associated Microchimerism: A Heretofore Little Recognized Complication Following Transfusion. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 2008, 27(1), 57-67.
- Kunadian V, Kunadian B, Wright RA, Hall JA, Stewart MJ, Davies A, Sutton A, de Belder MA. A prospective randomised controlled trial to determine the early and late reactions after the use of iopamidol 340 (Niopam) and iomeprol 350 (Iomeron) in cardiac catheterisation. European Journal of Radiology 2007, 61(2), 342-350.
- Kunadian V, Kelly D, Chapple CL, Williams D, Wright R, Stewart MJ, Hall JA, Sutton A, Davies A, Haywood J, de Belder MA. Cardiac catheterisation: radiation doses and lifetime risk of malignancy. Heart 2007, 93(3), 370-371.
- Kunadian B, Sutton AGC, Vijayalakshmi K, Thornley AR, Gray JC, Grech ED, Hall JA, Harcombe AA, Wright RA, Smith RH, Murphy JJ, Shyam-Sundar A, Stewart MJ, Davies A, Linker NJ, de Belder MA. Early invasive versus conservative treatment in patients with failed fibrinolysis-no late survival benefit: The final analysis of the Middlesbrough Early Revascularisation to Limit Infarction (MERLIN) randomized trial. American Heart Journal 2007, 153(5), 763-771.
- Kunadian V, Kunadian B, Whittaker VJ, Wright RA, Hall JA, Somasundram U, Stewart MJ, Sutton A, Davies A, de Belder MA. Impact of catheter sizes and intracoronary glyceryl trinitrate on the TIMI frame count when digital angiograms are acquired at lower frame rates during elective angiography and PCI. Acute Cardiac Care 2007, 9(4), 231-238.
- Kunadian V, Kunadian B, Whittaker VJ, Wright RA, Hall JA, Sutton A, Muir D, de Belder MA. Intra-aortic counterpulsation does not improve coronary flow early after PCI in a high-risk group of patients: observations from a randomized trial to explore its mode of action. Journal of Invasive Cardiology 2007, 19(8), 339-346.
- Kunadian B, Dunning J, Kunadian V, Thornley AR, de Belder MA. Meta-analysis of randomized trials comparing anti-embolic devices with standard PCI for improving myocardial reperfusion in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2007, 69(4), 488-496.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, Thornley AR, de Belder MA, Hunter S, Kendall S, Graham R, Stewart M, Thambyrajah J, Dunning J. Meta-analysis of valve hemodynamics and left ventricular mass regression for stentless versus stented aortic valves. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2007, 84(1), 73-78.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, Dunning J, Thornley AR, Sutton AG, Muir DF, Wright RA, Hall JA, de Belder MA. Should patients in cardiogenic shock undergo rescue angioplasty after failed fibrinolysis: comparison of primary versus rescue angioplasty in cardiogenic shock patients. Journal of Invasive Cardiology 2007, 19(5), 217-223.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, Balasubramanian S, Dunning J. Should the tricuspid valve be replaced with a mechanical or biological valve?. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery 2007, 6, 551-557.
- Kunadian V, Kunadian B, Whittaker VJ, Williams D, Wright RA, Sutton AG, Hall JA, de Belder MA. The impact of chronically diseased coronary arteries and stenting on the corrected TIMI frame count in elective coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention procedures. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2007, 70(5), 691-700.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, Dunning J, Sutton A, de Belder MA. Towards an understanding of the role of rescue angioplasty for failed fibrinolysis: comparison of the MERLIN, RESCUE and REACT trials. Journal of Invasive Cardiology 2007, 19(9), 359-368.
- Kunadian B, Kunadian V, de Belder MA. Treatment of restenosis after bare-metal and drug-eluting stenting of an aorto-ostial lesion: challenges associated with excessive stent overhang. Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine (Hagerstown) 2007, 8(9), 744-747.
- Kunadian V, Whittaker VJ, Sutton A, Campbell P, Wright RA, Hall JA, Harcombe AA, Linker NJ, Stewart MJ, Davies A, de Belder MA. A randomized trial of prophylactic antiarrhythmic agents (amiodarone and sotalol) in patients with atrial fibrillation for whom direct current cardioversion is planned. American Heart Journal 2006, 151(4), 863.e1-863.e6.
- Kunadian V, Whittaker VJ, Kunadian B, Graham J, Wright RA, Hall J, Sutton A, de Belder MA. Prospective, randomised, controlled trial to study the effect of intracoronary injection of verapamil and adenosine on coronary blood flow during percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Heart 2006, 92(9), 1278-1284.
- Kunadian V, Kunadian B, Wright RA, Sutton AG, Hall JA, de Belder MA. Successful thrombus extraction with the Rescue thrombus management system during acute percutaneous coronary intervention improves flow but does not necessarily restore optimal myocardial tissue perfusion. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2006, 67(6), 879-886.
- Kunadian V, Williams D, Wright RA, Hall JA, Harcombe AA, Linker NJ, Stewart MJ, Davies A, de Belder MA. A prospective, randomized trial to determine the early and late reactions after the use of iopamidol 340 (Niopam) and iobitridol 350 (Xenetix) in cardiac catheterization. Journal of Invasive Cardiology 2004, 16(12), 707-711.
- Kunadian V, Ashton VJ, Wright RA, Hall JA, Stewart MJ, Davies A, de Belder MA. Corrected TIMI frame count: applicability in modern digital catheter laboratories when different frame acquisition rates are used. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2004, 63(4), 426-432.