Our research covers:
- fundamental science exploring mechanisms of disease
- understanding ways disease impacts on patients' lives
- utilising new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques
- developing new treatments to improve patients' lives
We are developing:
- new and improved drugs and therapies
- diagnostic and therapeutic technologies
- physiological interventions
- pathways for delivery of clinical care in practice
Much of our research is within the NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre in Ageing and Chronic Disease (BRC).
We have strong links to clinical activities in Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. This is our partner organisation for translational research.
We strive to improve patient and public involvement in both research and healthcare delivery. We also want to improve patient and public understanding and awareness of disease.