The Athena SWAN Charter award recognises the commitment of academic institutions to:
- address gender equalities
- tackle the unequal representation of women in science
- improve career progression for female academics
We are working hard to remove barriers to female career progression.
We're doing this through:
- having supportive policies and working practices
- targeted help, particularly to early career researchers
- training, mentoring and coaching throughout all stages of academic careers
In recognition of this, we gained an Athena SWAN Bronze award in May 2014 and a Silver award in October 2015.
These national awards endorse our achievements in working towards equality in career progression.
They reflect the priority we give to supporting all our staff and students.
Our submission document
Athena SWAN Silver department award application (PDF: 1.25MB)
Athena SWAN IGM steering group
Professor Helen Arthur - Academic Lead
Professor Deborah Henderson
Professor Hanns Lochmuller
Dr John Sayer
Professor David Elliot
Dr Mauro Santibanez-Koref
Dr Angela Pyle
Dr Lyle Armstrong
Dr Joanna Elson
Dr Katarzyna Pirog
Professor Susan Lindsay
Dr Umar Burki
Dr Alison Blain
Professor Michael Briggs