The Institute of Health & Society's vision is to transform the health of individuals and populations through pioneering translational research and education in health and social science.
Our mission (current purpose) is expressed in 5 strategic aims:
- To deliver translational research on health improvement and the uptake of evidence into practice for the benefit of patients and populations.
- To ensure a high quality teaching and learning experience across both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education provision
- To develop an engagement strategy, incorporating patient and public involvement (PPI), which promotes health and well-being in the widest sense with external partners, including the NHS and local authorities, and other parts of the university
- To increase the international focus of our research, teaching and learning and engagement activity
- To incorporate sustainable working practices in our physical and intellectual environment and in our employment responsibilities