I am a chartered psychologist and qualified social worker.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MA Applied Social Studies
- DipSW (postgraduate Diploma in Social Work)
- PhD 'Interprofessional Education in Community Mental Health: Developing Attitudes and Changing Skills'
British Psychological Society
British Society of Gerontology
My general research interest lies in applied health services research. My research focus is on ageing and dementia. I am also interested in advance care planning, chronic illness, health and social care professionals' education, the social psychology of groups and interprofessional education.
I have successfully supervised two PhD students to completion.
- 2009 Yadolah Zarezadeh, PhD, ‘The teaching and learning of reflective practice in medicine, nursing and physiotherapy: A grounded theory study.
- 2012 Deborah Harrison, PhD, 'Redefining the role of 'non-professionally affiliated' workers in community mental health care: A qualitative exploration of co-worker and client relationships'
Current Doctoral Supervision
- Deepta Churm, IHS, Newcastle University
- Medical Teacher
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Journal of Mental Health Education, Training and Practice
Medicine in the Community (Social Science)