- Public Health
- Perinatal health
- Maternal health
Diseases and Health Conditions
- Congenital anomalies
- Infant deaths
Twitter Profile: @Peter_Tennant
Blogs Entries: My entries for the Fuse Open Science Blog
Online Seminar: Using Twitter as an academic researcher
Storify Piece: An overview of the 57th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society for Social Medicine
- PhD Epidemiology, Newcastle University (Ongoing, expected December 2014)
- MSc Biosciences, The University of Leeds (2006)
- BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences (Biology with Mathematics), Durham University (2005)
- Research Associate, Institute of Health & Society, Newcastle University (Aug 2011-Present)
- Research Assistant, Institute of Health & Society, Newcastle University (Aug 2007-Jul 2011)
- Research Assistant, HEA/JISC Academic Integrity Service, Higher Education Academy (Aug 2007-Jun 2008)
- Research Assistant, JISC Plagiarism Advisory Service, Northumbria Learning Ltd (Dec 2006-Jul 2007)
- Research Assistant, Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Disease, The University of Leeds (Aug 2006)
Top five most cited
Stothard KJ, Tennant PWG, Bell R, Rankin J. Maternal Overweight and Obesity and the Risk of Congenital Anomalies: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association 2009, 301(6), 636-650.
Tennant PWG, Pearce MS, Bythell M, Rankin J. 20-year survival of children born with congenital anomalies: a population-based study. Lancet 2010, 375(9715), 649-656.
Tennant PWG, Gibson GJ, Pearce MS. Lifecourse predictors of adult respiratory function: Results from the Newcastle Thousand Families Study. Thorax 2008, 63(9), 823-830.
Bell R, Glinianaia S, Tennant PWG, Bilous R, Rankin J. Peri-conception hyperglycaemia and nepthropathy are associated with risk of congenital anomaly in women with pre-existing diabetes: a population-based cohort study. Diabetologia 2012, 55(4), 936-947.
Tennant PWG, Rankin J, Bell R. Maternal body mass index and the risk of fetal and infant death; a cohort study from the North of England. Human Reproduction 2011, 26(6), 1501-1511.
Salotti J, Tennant PWG, Windebank K, Rankin J. (2012) Histiocytic disorders in children with congenital anomalies; a population-based record linkage study. Newlife Foundation for Disabled Children, £14,899
Tennant PWG, Glinianaia SV, Rankin J. (2011) Investigating the epidemiology of partial urorectal septum malformation sequence: a population-based study using data from the British Isles Network of Congenital Anomaly Registers (BINOCAR). Newlife Foundation for Disabled Children, £14,956
Pearce MS, Gibson GJ and Tennant PWG. (2008) Lifecourse predictors of respiratory function and the link to systemic inflammation: a follow-up at age 61 years. Breathe North (now British Lung Foundation North Region), £24,761
Invited Reviewer for:
Abstract Reviewer for:
Honours, Awards, Bursaries etc.:
- Childhod Infectious Disease and Risk of Premature Death from Cancer: A Prospective Cohort Study (Parallel, High Scoring Abstract) at Society of Social Medicine 56th Annual Scientific Meeting (London, 2012)
- The complex association between blood glucose concentration and birth weight in women with pre-gestational diabetes (Parallel) at Population Health Methods and Challenges Conference (Birmingham 2012).
- Maternal obesity and the absolute risks of stillbirth and infant death (Parallel) at Population Health Methods and Challenges Conference (Birmingham 2012).
- Predictors of Survival In Children Born with Down Syndrome (Plenary) at British Isles Network of Congenital Anomalies Registers (BINOCAR) Biennial Scientific Conference (Newcastle, 2010)
- Predictors of Survival In Children Born with Down Syndrome (Plenary, High Scoring Abstract) at Society of Social Medicine 54th Annual Scientific Meeting (Belfast, 2010)
- Increased risk of fetal loss and infant death in obese women (Plenary) at British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society 14th Annual Conference (Gateshead, 2010)
- Maternal age and the risk of structural congenital anomalies (Plenary) at British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society 14th Annual Conference (Gateshead, 2010)
- Twenty Year Survival of Children Born with Congenital Anomalies (Parallel) at Society of Social Medicine 53rd Annual Scientific Meeting (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 2009)
- Prevalence and Outcome for Individuals with Down Syndrome, 1985-2003 (Plenary) at British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society 13th Annual Conference (Liverpool, 2009)
- Comparing institution policies for plagiarism: findings of the Academic Misconduct Benchmarking Research (AMBeR) project (Invited Plenary) at Universities UK Event: Tackling Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct (London, 2008)
- The Care Pathway for Children and Young People with Cerebral Palsy: Where are we now, and where would we like to be? (Plenary) at NECCPS Annual Meeting (Durham, 2011)
- Maternal Age and Non-Chromosomal Anomalies (Plenary) at NorCAS Annual Meeting (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 2009)
- Survival of Children Born with Congenital Anomalies (Plenary) at NorCAS Annual Meeting (Gateshead, 2008)
Related Journal Coverage and Commentaries