Research Nurse (Alcohol Health Worker)
- Developing and evaluating interventions for adolescent alcohol use disorders presenting through emergency departments – SIPS-JR
Project Leader(s): Drummond C, Coulton S, Crawford M, Deluca P, Professor E Gilvarry, Professor E Kaner, Professor P McArdle, Russell I, Cohen D, Dr D Newbury-Birch, Maconachie I, Philips T, Patton R, Strang J, Allen M.
- Watson J, Crosby H, Dale V, Tober G, Wu Q, Lang J, McGovern R, Newbury-Birch D, Parrott P, Bland M, Drummond C, Godfrey C, Kaner E, Coulton S. AESOPS: a randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of opportunistic screening and stepped care interventions for older hazardous alcohol users in primary care.
London: National Coordinating Centre for Health Technology Assessment, 2013. Health Technology Assessment. In Press.
- Kaner E, McGovern R. Training practitioners in primary care to deliver lifestyle advice.
BMJ 2013, 346, f1763.
- Wilson GB, McGovern R, Antony G, Cassidy P, Deverill M, Graybill E, Gilvarry E, Hodgson M, Kaner EFS, Laing K, McColl E, Newbury-Birch D, Rankin J. Brief intervention to reduce risky drinking in pregnancy: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2012, 13(1), 174.
- McGovern R, McGovern W. Voluntary risk-taking and heavy-end crack cocaine use: An edgework perspective.
Health, Risk & Society 2011, 13(5), 487-500.