Dr Ruth McGovern
Senior Research Interventionist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7894
- Address: Institute of Health & Society
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Developing and evaluating interventions for adolescent alcohol use disorders presenting through emergency departments – SIPS-JR
Project Leader(s): Drummond C, Coulton S, Crawford M, Deluca P, Professor E Gilvarry, Professor E Kaner, Professor P McArdle, Russell I, Cohen D, Dr D Newbury-Birch, Maconachie I, Philips T, Patton R, Strang J, Allen M.
- Newbury-Birch D, O'Neil S, Gilvarry E, Howel D, Stamp E, Laing K, McColl E, McGovern R, Harle C, O'Donnell A, Tate L, Coulton S, Deluca P, Drummond C, McArdle P, Kaner E. A feasibility trial of alcohol screening and brief interventions for risky drinking in young people in a high school setting in the UK: SIPS JR-HIGH.
In: 36th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Research Society on Alcoholism. 2013, Orlando, Florida, USA: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.
- Watson J, Crosby H, Dale V, Tober G, Wu Q, Lang J, McGovern R, Newbury-Birch D, Parrott S, Bland J, Drummond C, Godfrey C, Kaner E, Coulton S. AESOPS: a randomised controlled trial of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of opportunistic screening and stepped care interventions for older hazardous alcohol users in primary care.
Health Technology Assessment 2013, 17(25), 1-157.
- Kaner E, McGovern R. Training practitioners in primary care to deliver lifestyle advice.
BMJ 2013, 346, f1763.
- Evans R, McGovern R, Birch J, Newbury-Birch D. Which extended paramedic skills are making an impact in emergency care? A systematic review of the literature.
Emergency Medicine Journal 2013, Epub ahead of print.
- O'Neil S, Coulton S, Deluca P, Deverill M, Drummond C, Gilvarry E, Graybill E, Harle C, Howel D, Kaner E, McArdle P, McColl E, McGovern R, Speed C, Stamp E, Tate L, Newbury-Birch D. Brief intervention to prevent hazardous drinking in young people aged 14–15 in a high school setting (SIPS JR-HIGH): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
Trials 2012, 13(1), 166.
- Wilson GB, McGovern R, Antony G, Cassidy P, Deverill M, Graybill E, Gilvarry E, Hodgson M, Kaner EFS, Laing K, McColl E, Newbury-Birch D, Rankin J. Brief intervention to reduce risky drinking in pregnancy: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2012, 13(1), 174.
- O'Neil S, Coulton S, Deluca P, Deverill M, Drummond C, Gilvarry E, Graybill E, Harle C, Howel D, Kaner E, McArdle P, McColl E, McGovern R, Speed C, Stamp E, Tate L, Newbury-Birch D. Screening and brief alcohol intervention to prevent hazardous drinking in adolescents aged 14-15 years in a high school setting (SIPS JR-HIGH): a feasibility pilot trial.
Lancet 2012, 380, S60.
- McGovern R, McGovern W. Voluntary risk-taking and heavy-end crack cocaine use: An edgework perspective.
Health, Risk & Society 2011, 13(5), 487-500.
- Brown N, Newbury-Birch D, Mcgovern R, Phinn E, Kaner E. Alcohol screening and brief intervention in a policing context: A mixed methods feasibility study.
Drug and Alcohol Review 2010, 29(6), 647-654.
- Newbury-Birch D, Gilvarry E, McArdle P, Ramesh V, Stewart S, Walker J, Avery L, Beyer F, Brown N, Jackson K, Lock C, McGovern R, Kaner E. Impact of alcohol consumption on young people: A systematic review of published reviews.
Department for Children, Schools and Families, 2009. DCSF-RR067.