Decision Making and Organisation of Care
- Stacey D, Bennett CL, Barry MJ, Col NF, Eden KB, Holmes-Rovner M, Llewellyn-Thomas H, Lyddiatt A, Légaré F, Thomson R. Decision aids for people facing health treatment or screening decisions. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD001431. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001431.pub3. http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab001431.html
- Lecouturier J, Rodgers H, Murtagh MJ, White M, Ford GA, Thomson RG. Systematic review of mass media interventions designed to improve public recognition of stroke symptoms, emergency response and early treatment BMC Public Health 2010, 10:784 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/10/784
- McCafferty, S., Williams, I., Hunter, D.J., Robinson, S., Donaldson, C., Bate, A. (2012) “Implementing World Class Commissioning competencies: a case-study evaluation.” Journal of Health Services Research and Policy, HREP Supplement, January 2012.
- Exley C (2009) “Bridging a gap: the (lack of) a sociology of oral health and health care” Sociology of Health and Illness 31:7
- Exley C Rousseau N, Steele J, Finch T, Field J, Donaldson C, Thomason JM, May C, Ellis J (2009) “Paying for treatments? Influences on negotiating clinical need and decision-making for dental implant treatment” BMC Health Services Research 9:7 doi:10.1186/1472-6963-9-7 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/9/7
- Murray, E; Treweek, S; Pope, C; MacFarlane, A; Ballini, L; Dowrick, C; Finch, T; Kennedy, A; Mair, F; O’Donnell, C; Ong, B.N.; Rapley, T.; Rogers, A; May, C. Normalization Process Theory: a framework for developing, evaluating and implementing complex interventions. BMC Medicine 2010, 8:63
- Rogers A, Kirk S, Gately C, May CR, Finch T. Established users and the making of telecare work in long term condition management: Implications for health policy. Social Science & Medicine 2011;72(7):1077-84.
- Foster HE, Heaven B, Kay L, May C, Rapley T. (2011) Pediatric regional examination of the musculoskeletal system: A practice- and consensus-based approach. Arthritis Care & Research, In Press. DOI: 10.1002/acr.20569 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/acr.20569/abstract
- May C, Finch T, Ballini L, MacFarlane A, Mair F, Murray E, Treweek S and Rapley T. (2011) Evaluating Complex Interventions and Health Technologies Using Normalization Process Theory: Development of a Simplified Approach and Web-Enabled Toolkit, BMC Health Services Research 11:245 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/11/245/abstract
- Flodgren G, Eccles MP, Shepperd S, Scott A, Parmelli E, Beyer FR. An overview of reviews evaluating the effectiveness of financial incentives in changing healthcare professional behaviours and patient outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD009255. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009255.
Eccles MP, Hrisos S, Francis JJ, Stamp E, Johnston M, Hawthorne G, Steen N, Grimshaw JM, Elovainio M, Presseau J, Hunter M. Instrument development, data collection and characteristics of practices, staff and measures in the Improving Quality of Care in Diabetes (iQuaD) Study. Implementation Science 2011, 6:61, doi:10.1186/1748-5908-6-61.
The projects/grants are also listed below and we have asked the leads to complete the summary sheets as requested
- Improving the normalisation of complex interventions: Developing quantitative measures for users based on Normalisation Process Theory. Tracy Finch (PI), Carl May, Tim Rapley, Frances Mair, Elizabeth Murray, Shaun Treweek, Ian Nicholas Steen, Elaine McColl. ESRC Standard Grant. Start date 1/2/12 for 36 months. Funding: £436,419.
- Tracy Finch, Peter McMeekin Designing Scalable Assistive Technologies and Services for Independent Healthy Living and Sustainable Market Development in the Mixed Digital Economy. TSB (Technology Strategy Board), ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council). With Feng Li (PI). Started 1/5/2011 for 36 months. Funding approx £2 Million.
- Arthritis Research UK (Grant 19625) How should we educate young people to help them make decisions about biologic therapies? 2011-2013 Rapley T, Kay L, Foster H, Thompson B, McDonagh J. £151,663
- Catherine Exley NIHR Health Technology Assessment A Study of Donor Ex-vivo Lung Perfusion in UK Lung Transplantation (DEVELOP-UK) PI Prof A Fisher Role. CE Leading Qualitative Workpackage Total £1,732,716
- Eccles MP, Hawthorne G, Johnston M, Hunter MM, Steen IN, Francis JJ, Eliovanio M, Grimshaw J. Improving the delivery of care for patients with diabetes through understanding optimised team work and organisation in primary care. Diabetes UK (Grant reference BDA:RD06/0003342) £553,367. April 2007 for 36 months. £73,702 extension funding for patient survey awarded August 2008 for 18 months. Total award £627,069.
- Wensing M, Baker R, Eccles MP, Oxman AD, Szecsenyi J, Grimshaw J, Godycki‐Cwirko M. Tailored implementation for chronic diseases. European Union Framework 7, Euro 2,999,550, March 2011 for 48 months.