Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1984 1982 0000
- Crowe L, Addison M, Vaittinen A. 'Lay views of termination of pregnancy for non-lethal fetal anomaly: Acceptable termination through stigmatising the mother'.
In: BJOG Special Issue (Published abstract). 2016. Submitted.
- Moffatt S, Heaven B. 'Planning for uncertainty': narratives on retirement transition experiences.
Ageing and Society 2016, ePub ahead of print.
- Scharf T, McDonald B, Atkins AM. Promoting civic engagement in later life through the Touchstone Programme: a resource and research guide.
Galway: Irish Centre for Social Gerontology, NUI Galway, 2016.
- Gotts ZM, Deary V, Newton JL, Ellis JG. A comparative polysomnography analysis of sleep in healthy controls and patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health and Behavior 2016, 4(2), 80-93.
- Jagger C, Matthews FE, Wohland P, Fouweather T, Stephan BCM, Robinson L, Arthur A, Brayne C, on behalf of the Medical Research Council Cognitive Function and Ageing Collaboration. A comparison of health expectancies over two decades in England: results of the Cognitive Function and Ageing Study I and II.
The Lancet 2016, 387(10020), 779-786.
- Stock C, Jürges H, Shen J, Bozorgmehr K, Listl S. A comparison of tooth retention and replacement across 15 countries in the over-50s.
Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2016.
- Haighton CA, Wilson GB, Ling J, McCabe K, Crosland A, Kaner EFS. A Qualitative Study of Service Provision for Alcohol Related Health Issues in Mid to Later Life.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(2), e0148601.
- Abd Hamid IJ, Slatter M, Pearce MS, Gennery AR. A single centre cohort report of long term clinical outcome of severe combined immunodeficiency following haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
In: 2016 CIS Annual Meeting: Immune Deficiency & Dysregulation North American Conference. 2016, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Springer US.
- Potthoff S, Rasul O, Sniehotta FF, Beyer F, Thomson R, Avery L, Presseau J. A systematic review and meta-analysis assessing the relationship between habit and healthcare professional behaviour in clinical practice.
PROSPERO 2016. In Preparation.
- Matthews FE, Stephan B, Robinson L, Jagger C, Barnes LE, Arthur A, Brayne C. A two decade dementia incidence comparison from the Cognitive Function and Ageing Studies I and II .
Nature Communications 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- O'Connor M, Gallagher P, Waller J, Martin CM, O'Leary JJ, Sharp L, Irish Cervical Screening Res Conso. Adverse psychological outcomes following colposcopy and related procedures: a systematic review.
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2016, 123(1), 24-38.
- Scharf T, Walsh K, O'Shea E. Ageing in rural places.
In: Shucksmith, M; Brown, DL, ed. Routledge international handbook of rural studies. London: Routledge, 2016. In Press.
- McDonald C, Pearce MS, Wincenciak J, Kerr SRJ, Newton JL. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Variability Increases Over a 10-Year Follow-Up in Community-Dwelling Older People.
American Journal of Hypertension 2016, 29(5).
- Hislop J, Gray J, Vale L. Annex 1. Scoping Review of the Evidence Base: overview and methods.
2016. Available at: http://www.nesta.org.uk/sites/default/files/rtv-scoping-review.pdf.
- Hislop J, Stoniute J, Vale L. Annex 2: Evidence Summaries for Shortlisted Interventions.
2016. Available at: http://www.nesta.org.uk/sites/default/files/rtv-evidence-summaries.pdf.
- McAllister-Williams RH, Anderson IM, Finkelmeyer A, Gallagher P, Grunze HCR, Haddad PM, Hughes T, Lloyd AJ, Mamasoula C, McColl E, Pearce S, Siddiqi N, Sinha BNP, Steen N, Wainwright J, Winter FH, Ferrier IN, Watson S, ADD Study Team. Antidepressant augmentation with metyrapone for treatment-resistant depression (the ADD study): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
The Lancet Psychiatry 2016, 3(2), 117-127.
- Hoeller U, Baur M, Roos FF, Brennan L, Daniel H, Fallaize R, Forster H, Gibney ER, Gibney M, Godlewska M, Hartwig K, Kolossa S, Lambrinou CP, Livingstone KM, Lovegrove JA, Macready AL, Manios Y, Marsaux CFM, Martinez JA, Celis-Morales C, Moschonis G, Navas-Carretero S, O'Donovan CB, San-Cristobal R, Saris WHM, Surwillo A, Traczyk I, Tsirigoti L, Walsh MC, Woolhead C, Mathers JC, Weber P, Food4Me Project. Application of dried blood spots to determine vitamin D status in a large nutritional study with unsupervised sampling: the Food4Me project.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 115(2), 202-211.
- Tewari P, White C, Kelly L, Kearney P, Pilkington L, D'Arcy T, Murphy C, Farah N, Lee E, Mullen D, Barry-O'Crowley J, O'Toole S, Sharp L, O'Leary J, Martin C. Application of Triage Markers for Management of HPV Positive Women Presenting at Colposcopy with Minor Cytological Abnormalities.
In: United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology 105th Annual Meeting Abstracts. 2016, Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA: Nature Publishing Group.
- Franco-Villoria M, Wright CM, McColl JH, Sherriff A, Pearce MS, Gateshead Millennium Core Study Team. Assessment of adult body composition using bioelectrical impedance: comparison of researcher calculated to machine outputted values.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(1).
- McGeoghegan L, Muirhead CR, Almoosawi S. Association between an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant dietary pattern and diabetes in British adults: Results from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey rolling programme Years 1-4.
International Journal of Food Sciences & Nutrition 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Brown H, Becker F, Anwi K. Association between lipid biomarkers, physical activity, and socioeconomic status in a population based cross-sectional study in the United Kingdom.
Sports Medicine Open 2016. In Press.
- Brown H, Becker F, Antwi K. Association between lipid biomarkers, physical activity, and socioeconomic status in a population based cross-sectional study in the United Kingdom.
Sports Medicine - Open 2016. In Press.
- Bramwell L, Glinianaia SV, Rankin J, Rose M, Fernandes A, Harrad S, Pless-Mulloli T. Associations between human exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ether flame retardants via diet and indoor dust, and internal dose: A systematic review.
Environment International 2016. In Press.
- Bell GM, Anderson AE, Diboll J, Reece R, Eltherington O, Harry RA, Fouweather T, MacDonald C, Chadwick T, McColl EM, Dunn J, Dickinson AM, Hilkens CMU, Isaacs JD. Autologous Tolerogenic Dendritic Cells for Rheumatoid and Inflammatory Arthritis (AuToDeCRA).
Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Azuara-Blanco A, Banister K, Boachie C, McMeekin P, Gray J, Burr J, Bourne R, Garway-Heath D, Batterbury M, Hernandez R, McPherson G, Ramsay C, Cook J. Automated imaging technologies for the diagnosis of glaucoma: a comparative diagnostic study for the evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy, performance as triage tests and cost-effectiveness (GATE study).
Health Technology Assessment 2016, 20(8), 1-202.
- Ball HL, Howel D, Bryant A, Best E, Russell C, Ward-Platt M. Bed sharing by breastfeeding mothers: who bed-shares and what is the relationship with breastfeeding duration?.
Acta Paediatrica 2016, 105(6), 628-634.
- Hart RI, McDonagh JE, Thompson B, Foster HE, Kay L, Myers A, Rapley T. Being 'as normal as possible': How young people (aged 16-25 years) evaluate the risks and benefits of treatment for inflammatory arthritis.
Arthritis Care & Research 2016, ePub ahead of print.
- Kullar PJ, Quail J, Lindsey P, Wilson JA, Horvath R, Yu-Wai-Man P, Moore BC, Chinnery PF. Both mitochondrial DNA and mitonuclear gene mutations cause hearing loss through cochlear dysfunction.
Brain 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Avery L, Mostafaee B, Charman S, Taylor R, Sniehotta F, Trenell M. Can a behavioural intervention targeting physical activity behaviour of adults with type 2 diabetes be delivered faithfully by healthcare professionals during routine primary care?.
In: Diabetes UK Annual Professional Conference. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley.
- Avery L, Mostafaee B, Charman SJ, Taylor R, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Can a behavioural intervention targeting physical activity behaviour of adults with Type 2 diabetes be delivered faithfully by healthcare professionals during routine primary care?.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Fay M, Rapley T, Foster H, Pain C, Gerrand C. Can Seeding in the Clinic Reach a Wide Audience? A Proof of Concept Study on Spreading a Health Message About Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Using a Shareable Online Video.
Journal of Medical Internet Research 2016, 5(1), e6.
- Basterfield L, Gardner L, Reilly JK, Pearce MS, Parkinson KN, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ, Vella SA. Can’t play, won’t play: longitudinal changes in perceived barriers to participation in sports clubs across the child-adolescent transition.
BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine 2016, 2(1), e000079.
- Sharp L, O'Leary E, Kinnear H, Gavin A, Drummond FJ. Cancer-related symptoms predict psychological wellbeing among prostate cancer survivors: results from the PiCTure study.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, 25(3), 282-291.
- Salomone E, Charman T, McConachie H, Warreyn P. Child's verbal ability and gender are associated with age at diagnosis in a sample of young children with ASD in Europe.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2016, 42(1), 141-145.
- Virella D, Pennington L, Andersen GL, Andrada MD, Greitane A, Himmelmann K, Prasauskiene A, Rackauskaite G, De La Cruz J, Colver A, Surveillance Cerebral Palsy Europe. Classification systems of communication for use in epidemiological surveillance of children with cerebral palsy.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2016, 58(3), 285-291.
- Spyridopoulos I, Martin-Ruiz C, Hilkens C, Yadegarfar ME, Isaacs J, Jagger C, Kirkwood T, von Zglinicki T. CMV-seropositivity and T-cell senescence predict increased cardiovascular mortality in octogenarians - results from the Newcastle 85+ study.
Aging Cell 2016, 15(2), 389-392.
- Potthoff S, Garnefski N, Miklósi M, Ubbiali A, Domínguez-Sánchez FJ, Martins EC, Witthöft M, Kraaij K. Cognitive Emotion Regulation and Psychopathology across Cultures: A Comparison between Six European Countries.
Personality and Individual Differences 2016, 98, 218-224.
- Bunn F, Burn A-M, Goodman C, Robinson L, Rait G, Norton S, Bennett H, Poole M, Schoeman J, Brayne C. Comorbidity and dementia: a mixed method study on improving healthcare for people with dementia (CoDem).
Health services and delivery research 2016, 4(8), xxv, 156.
- Brown J, West R, Angus C, Beard E, Brennan A, Drummond C, Hickman M, Holmes J, Kaner E, Michie S. Comparison of brief interventions in primary care on smoking and excessive alcohol consumption: a population survey in England.
British Journal of General Practice 2016, 66(642), E1-E9.
- Stephan BC, Tang E, Muniz-Terrera G. Composite Risk Scores for Predicting Dementia.
Current Opinion in Psychiatry 2016, 29(2), 174-180.
- Collerton J, Jagger C, Yadegarfar ME, Davies K, Parker SG, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL. Deconstructing Complex Multimorbidity in the Very Old: Findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
BioMed Research International 2016, 2016, 8745670.
- Wu Y-T, Fratiglioni L, Matthews FE, Lobo A, Breteler MMB, Skoog I, Brayne C. Dementia in western Europe: epidemiological evidence and implications for policy making.
Lancet Neurology 2016, 15(1), 116-124.
- Tang EYH, Burn D, Taylor JP, Robinson L. Dementia with Lewy Bodies: The Emerging Role of Primary Care.
European Journal of General Practice 2016, 22(1), 53-57.
- Fletcher-Watson S, Pain H, Hammond S, Humphry A, McConachie H. Designing for young children with autism spectrum disorder: A case study of an iPad app.
International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Mullan B, Allom V, Sainsbury K, Monds L. Determining motivation to engage in safe food handling behaviour.
Food Control 2016, 61, 47-53.
- McMeekin P, Flynn D, Ford GA, Rodgers H, Gray J, Thomson RG. Development of a decision analytic model to support decision making and risk communication about thrombolytic treatment (vol 15, pg 108, 2015).
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2016, 16(4).
- Rodgers J, Wigham S, McConachie H, Freeston M, Honey E, Parr JR. Development of the Anxiety Scale for Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASC-ASD) Autism Research.
Autism Research 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Leslie W, Lean M, Brosnahan N, Barnes A, Thom G, Sattar N, McCombie L, Ross H, Taylor R. Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT): protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial in primary care.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Granic A, Davies K, Adamson A, Kirkwood T, Hill TR, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Jagger C. Dietary Patterns High in Red Meat, Potato, Gravy, and Butter Are Associated with Poor Cognitive Functioning but Not with Rate of Cognitive Decline in Very Old Adults.
Journal of Nutrition 2016, 146(2), 265-274.
- Watson V, Becker F, de Bekker-Grob E. Discrete choice experiment response rates: a meta-analysis.
Health Economics 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Timms JA, Relton CL, Rankin J, Strathdee G, McKay JA. DNA methylation as a potential mediator of environmental risks in the development of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
Epigenomics 2016, 8(4), 519-536.
- Hanson H, O'Brien N, Whybrow P, Isaacs JD, Rapley T. Drug breakthrough offers hope to arthritis sufferers: qualitative analysis of medical research in UK newspapers.
Health Expectations 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Mukaetova-Ladinska EB, Steel M, Coppock M, Cosker G, James P, Scully A, McNally RJ. Dysphoria is a risk factor for depression in medically ill older people.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2016.
- Echevarria C, Brewin K, Horobin H, Bryant A, Corbett S, Steer J, Bourke SC. Early Supported Discharge/ Hospital At Home For Acute Exacerbation Of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Review and Meta-Analysis.
COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Cambois E, Sole-Auro A, Bronnum-Hansen H, Egidi V, Jagger C, Jeune B, Nusselder WJ, Van Oyen H, White C, Robine JM. Educational differentials in disability vary across and within welfare regimes: a comparison of 26 European countries in 2009.
Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 2016, 70(4), 331-338.
- Granic A, Jagger C, Davies K, Adamson A, Kirkwood T, Hill TR, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Sayer AA. Effect of dietary patterns of muscle strength and physical performance in the very old: findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
PLOS One 2016, 11(3), e0149699.
- Randell R, Honey S, Alvarado N, Pearman A, Greenhalgh J, Long A, Gardner P, Gill A, Jayne D, Dowding D. Embedding robotic surgery into routine practice and impacts on communication and decision making: a review of the experience of surgical teams.
Cognition, Technology & Work 2016, 18(2), 423-437.
- Hickey A, Newham J, Slawinska M, Kwasnicka D, McDonald S, Del Din S, Sniehotta F, Davis P, Godfrey A. Estimating cut points: a simple method for new wearables.
Maturitas 2016, 83, 78-82.
- Hester KLM, Newton J, Rapley T, De Soyza A. Evaluation of a novel information resource for patients with bronchiectasis: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2016, 17, 210.
- Jackson VE, Ntalla I, Sayers I, Morris R, Whincup P, Casas J-P, Amuzu A, Choi M, Dale C, Kumari M, Engmann J, Kalsheker N, Chappell S, Guetta-Baranes T, McKeever TM, Palmer CNA, Tavendale R, Holloway JW, Sayer AA, Dennison EM, Cooper C, Bafadhel M, Barker B, Brightling C, Bolton CE, John ME, Parker SG, Moffat MF, Wardlaw AJ, Connolly MJ, Porteous DJ, Smith BH, Padmanabhan S, Hocking L, Stirrups KE, Deloukas P, Strachan DP, Hall IP, Tobin MD, Wain LV. Exome-wide analysis of rare coding variation identifies novel associations with COPD and airflow limitation in MOCS3, IFIT3 and SERPINA12.
Thorax 2016, 71(6), 501-509.
- Albani V, Celis-Morales C, Marsaux CFM, Forster H, O'Donovan CB, Woolhead C, Macready AL, Fallaize R, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, Kolossa S, Mavrogianni C, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Gundersen TE, Kaland SE, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Drevon CA, Gibney ER, Walsh MC, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Daniel H, Lovegrove JA, Gibney MJ, Adamson AJ, Mathers JC, Brennan L. Exploring the association of dairy product intake with the fatty acids C15:0 and C17:0 measured from dried blood spots in a multipopulation cohort: Findings from the Food4Me study.
Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Brown H, Biosca O. Exploring the relationship between time preference, body fatness, and educational attainment.
Social Science and Medicine 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Newton L, C Dickinson, G Gibson, K Brittain, AL Robinson. Exploring the views of GPs, people with dementia and their carers on assistive technology: a qualitative study.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(5), e011132.
- Livingstone KM, Celis-Morales C, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, Forster H, O'Donovan CB, Woolhead C, Marsaux CFM, Macready AL, Fallaize R, Kolossa S, Tsirigoti L, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Drevon CA, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Walsh MC, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Daniel H, Gibney M, Mathers JC, Food4Me Study. Fat mass- and obesity-associated genotype, dietary intakes and anthropometric measures in European adults: the Food4Me study.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 115(3), 440-448.
- Warburton J, Scharf T, Walsh K. Flying under the radar? Risks of social exclusion for older people in rural communities in Australia, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Sociologia Ruralis 2016, Accepted article. In Press.
- Tyrrell R, Greenhalgh F, Wills WJ, Mathers JC, Adamson AJ, Lake AA. Food environments of young people: linking individual behaviour to environmental context.
Journal of Public Health 2016, e-pub ahead of print.
- Alderdice F, Newham JJ. Global maternal mental health: where you live matters.
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology 2016, 34(1), 1-2.
- McKinnon I, Hayes A, Grubin D. Health characteristics of older police custody detainees in the UK.
Ageing and Society 2016. Submitted.
- Richards J, Graham R, Embleton ND, Campbell C, Rankin J. Health professionals' perspectives on bereavement following loss from a twin pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Journal of Perinatology 2016, (Epub ahead of print).
- Farre A, Wood V, McDonagh JE, Parr J, Reape D, Rapley T. Health professionals’ and managers' definitions of developmentally appropriate healthcare for young people: conceptual dimensions and embedded controversies.
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Ogunbayo OJ, Schafheutle EI, Cutts C, Noyce PR. How do community pharmacists conceptualise and operationalise self-care support of long-term conditions (LTCs)? An English cross-sectional survey.
International Journal of Pharmacy Practice (IJPP) 2016. In Press.
- Sharp L, Cotton S, Cruickshank M, Gray N, Smart L, Whynes D, Little J, TOMBOLA Grp. Impact of post-colposcopy management on women's long-term worries: results from the UK population-based TOMBOLA trial.
Journal of Family Planning & Reproductive Health Care 2016, 42(1), 43-51.
- Hagger MS, Luszczynska A, de Wit J, Benyamini Y, Burkert S, Chamberland PE, Chater AM, Dombrowski S, van Dongen A, French DP, Gauchet A, Hankonen N, Karekla M, Kinney AY, Kwasnicka D, Lo SH, López-Roíg S, Meslot C, Marques MM, Neter EM, Plass A, Potthoff S, Rennie L, Scholz U, Stadler G, Stolte EA, ten Hoor G, Verhoeven AAC, Wagner M, Oettingen G, Sheeran P, Gollwitzer PM. Implementation intention and planning interventions in health psychology: Recommendations from the Synergy expert group for research and practice.
Psychology & Health 2016, 1-26.
- Fairley L, Picton SV, McNally RJ, Bailey S, McCabe MG, Feltbower RG. Incidence and survival of children and young people with central nervous system embryonal tumours in the North of England, 1990-2013.
European Journal of Cancer 2016, 61, 36-43.
- Newham JJ, Allan C, Leahy-Warren P, Carrick-Sen D, Alderdice F. Intentions Toward Physical Activity and Resting Behavior in Pregnant Women: Using the Theory of Planned Behavior Framework in a Cross‐Sectional Study.
Birth 2016, 43(1), 49-57.
- Leyland AF, Scott J, Dawson P. Involuntary relocation and safe transfer of care home residents: a model of risks and opportunities in residents’ experiences.
Ageing & Society 2016, 36(2), 376-399.
- Powell J, O'Hara J, Carrie S, Wilson JA. Is adult tonsillectomy an effective procedure?.
BMJ 2016. Submitted.
- Bamford C, Olsen K, Davison C, Barnett N, Lloyd J, Williams D, Firbank M, Mason H, Donaldson C, O'Brien J. Is there a preference for PET or SPECT brain imaging in diagnosing dementia? The views of people with dementia, carers, and healthy controls.
International Psychogeriatrics 2016, 28(1), 123-131.
- Armstrong MJ, Gaunt P, Aithal GP, Barton D, Hull D, Parker R, Hazlehurst JM, Guo K, Abouda G, Aldersley MA, Stocken D, Gough SC, Tomlinson JW, Brown RM, Hubscher SG, Newsome PN, LEAN Trial Team. Liraglutide safety and efficacy in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (LEAN): a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 study.
The Lancet 2016, 387(10019), 679-690.
- Streatfield Y, Haggas S, Wilson K, McAnuff J. Listening for participation.
Occupational Therapy News 2016, 24(1), 42.
- Campbell S, Bond J, Manthorpe G, Samsi K, Abley C, Watts S, Robinson L, Keady J. Living with Uncertainty: Mapping the transition from pre-diagnosis to a diagnosis of dementia.
Journal of Aging Studies 2016. In Press.
- Best K, Rankin J. Long term survival for individuals born with congenital heart disease: A systematic review and meta analysis.
Journal of the American Heart Association 2016. In Press.
- Best K. Long term survival for individuals born with congenital heart disease: A systematic review and meta analysis.
Journal of the American Heart Association 2016. Submitted.
- Mendonça N, Hill TR, Granic A, Davies K, Collerton J, Mathers JC, Siervo M, Wrieden WL, Seal C, Jagger C, Adamson AJ. Macronutrient intake and food sources in the very old: analysis of the Newcastle 85+ Study.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, epub ahead of print.
- McKay JA, Mathers JC. Maternal folate deficiency and metabolic dysfunction in offspring.
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2016, 7(1), 90-95.
- Rankin J, Glinianaia SV, Jardine J, McConachie H, Borrill H, Embleton ND. Measuring self-reported quality of life in 8- to 11- year old children born with gastroschisis: is the KIDSCREEN questionnaire acceptable?.
Birth Defect Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2016, 106(4), 250-256.
- Pratschke J, Haase T, Comber H, Sharp L, Cancela MD, Johnson H. Mechanisms and mediation in survival analysis: towards an integrated analytical framework.
BMC Medical Research Methodology 2016, 16, 27.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ, Lee RP. Medical students’ views about person-centred communication in dementia care.
Dementia 2016. In Press.
- Schmidt C, Schulte B, Seo H, Kuhn S, O'Donnell A, Kriston L, Verthein U, Reimer J. Meta-analysis on the effectiveness of alcohol screening with brief interventions for patients in emergency care settings.
Addiction 2016, 111(5), 783-794.
- Thatcher J, Halvorsrud K. Migrating Habitus: A Comparative Case Study of Polish and South African Migrants in the UK.
In: Thatcher, J; Ingram, N; Burke, C; Abrahams, J, ed. Bourdieu: The Next Generation: The Development of Bourdieu's Intellectual Heritage in Contemporary UK Sociology. Oxon: Routledge, 2016.
- McDonald C, Pearce MS, Newton JL, Kerr SR. Modified criteria for carotid sinus hypersensitivity are associated with increased mortality in a population-based study.
Europace 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- McDonald S, Araujo-Soares V, Sniehotta FF. N-of-1 Randomised Controlled Trials in health psychology and behavioural medicine: A commentary on Nyman et al., 2016.
Psychology & Health 2016, 31(3), 331-333.
- Simpson JE, Ince PG, Minett T, Matthews FE, Heath PR, Shaw PJ, Goodall E, Garwood CJ, Ratcliffe LE, Brayne C, Rattray M, Wharton SB. Neuronal DNA damage response-associated dysregulation of signalling pathways and cholesterol metabolism at the earliest stages of Alzheimer-type pathology.
Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology 2016, 42(2), 167-179.
- Procter S, Harrison D, Pearson P, Dickinson C, Lombardo C. New Ways of Working in UK mental health services: developing distributed responsibility in community mental health teams?.
Journal of Mental Health 2016, 25(2), 126-130.
- Hokkanen S, Kero M, Hunter S, Lilius L, Paetau A, Matthews F, Polvikoski T, Myllykangas L, Graff C, Brayne C. Old-age hippocampal sclerosis associates with GRN and TMEM106B but not with ABCC9 variation in population-based cohorts.
In: 117th meeting of the British Neuropathological Society. 2016, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- O'Hara J, Goff D, Cocks H, Moor J, Hartley C, Muirhead C, Patterson JM. One-year swallowing outcomes following Transoral Laser Microsurgery +/- Adjuvant Therapy versus Primary Chemoradiotherapy for Advanced Stage Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, 41(2), 169-175.
- Addison M. Overcoming Arlie Hochschild’s concepts of the ‘real’ and ‘false’ self by drawing on Pierre Bourdieu’s concept of habitus.
TBC 2016. In Preparation.
- Smith N, Rapley T, Jandial S, English C, Davies B, Wyllie R, Foster HE. Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters (pmm) – Collaborative Development of an Online Evidence Based Interactive Learning Tool and Information Resource for Education in Paediatric Musculoskeletal Medicine.
Pediatric Rheumatology 2016, 14(1), 1-7.
- Almoosawi S, Jones A, Parkinson K, Pearce M, Collins H, Adamson A. Parental perception of weight status: Influence on children's diet in the Gateshead Millennium Study.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(2), e0144931.
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Lee RL. Person-Centeredness, Culture and Communication in Dementia Care: An International Investigation of the Views of Medical Students.
In: Agwuele, A. and Lotto, A, ed. Essays in Speech Processes : Language Production and Perception. Sheffield, UK: Equinox Publishing, 2016, pp.244-268.
- Kara N, Yao AC, Deary IJ, Deary V, OHara J, Newton J, Wilson JA. Personality, autonomic function and symptom burden in chronic rhinosinusitis.
Rhinology 2016. Submitted.
- Celis-Morales C, Marsaux CFM, Livingstone KM, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, O'donovan CB, Forster H, Woolhead C, Fallaize R, Macready AL, Kolossa S, Hallmann J, Tsirigoti L, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Grimaldi K, Bouwman J, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Drevon CA, Parnell LD, Daniel H, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Walsh MC, Gibney M, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Mathers JC, Food4Me Study. Physical activity attenuates the effect of the FTO genotype on obesity traits in European adults: The Food4Me study.
Obesity 2016, 24(4), 962-969.
- Hayes L, Bell R, Robson SC, Poston L. Physical activity in the UK Pregnancy Better Eating and Physical Activity Trial (UPBEAT).
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- McKinnon I, Thomas S, Noga H, Senior J. Police Custody Healthcare Services –A Review of Current and Innovative United Kingdom and Comparative International Perspectives.
Risk Management and Healthcare Policy 2016. Submitted.
- Abd Hamid IJ, Slatter M, McKendrick F, Pearce MS, Gennery AR. Post-Transport health-related quality of life for different severe combined immunodeficiency genotypes.
In: CIS Annual Meeting: Immune Deficiency & Dysregulation North American Conference. 2016, Boston, Massachusetts: Springer New York LLC.
- Barry HE, Cooper JA, Ryan C, Passmore P, Robinson L, Molloy GJ, Darcy CM, Buchanan H, Hughes CM. Potentially inappropriate prescribing among people with dementia in primary care: a retrospective cross-sectional study using the Enhanced Prescribing Database.
Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 2016. In Press.
- Montgomery J, Hendry J, Wilson JA, Deary IJ, MacKenzie K. Pragmatic detection of anxiety and depression in prospective cohort of voice outpatient clinic attenders.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, 41(1), 2-7.
- Sharp L, Timmons A. Pre-diagnosis employment status and financial circumstances predict cancer-related financial stress and strain among breast and prostate cancer survivors.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, 24(2), 699-709.
- Darke J, Glinianaia SV, Marsden P, Bell R. Pregestational diabetes is associated with adverse outcomes in twin pregnancies: a regional register-based study.
Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scaninavica 2016, 95(3), 339-346.
- Parkinson K, Newbury-Birch D, Phillipson A, Hindmarch P, Kaner E, Stamp E, Vale L, Wright J, Connolly J. Prevalence of alcohol related attendance at an inner city emergency department and its impact: a dual prospective and retrospective cohort study.
Emergency Medicine Journal 2016, 33(3), 187-193.
- Muirhead CR, Cheetham TD, McNally RJQ. Re: Ambient air pollution and early manifestation of type 1 diabetes.
Epidemiology 2016, 27(1), e1-e2.
- Nordahl-Hansen A, Fletcher-Watson S, McConachie H, Kaale A. Relations between specific and global outcome measures in a social-communication intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder.
Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2016. In Press.
- de Gonzalez AB, Salotti JA, McHugh K, Little MP, Harbron RW, Lee C, Ntowe E, Braganza MZ, Parker L, Rajaraman P, Stiller C, Stewart DR, Craft AW, Pearce MS. Relationship between paediatric CT scans and subsequent risk of leukaemia and brain tumours: assessment of the impact of underlying conditions.
British Journal of Cancer 2016, 114(4), 388-394.
- Fisher AJ, Yadegarfar ME, Collerton J, Small T, Kirkwood TBL, Davies K, Jagger C, Corris PA. Respiratory health and disease in a UK population-based cohort of 85 year olds: The Newcastle 85+ Study.
Thorax 2016, 71(3), 255-266.
- Bardgett M, Lally J, Malviya AJ, Deehan D. Return to work after knee replacement: A qualitative study of patient experiences.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(2), e007912.
- Lambert MF, Sowden S. Revisiting the risks associated with health and healthcare reform in England: perspective of Faculty of Public Health members.
Journal of Public Health 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Hill TR, Granic A, Davies K, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Adamson AJ, Francis RM, Pearce SH, Razvi S, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and its determinants in the very old: The Newcastle 85+ study.
Osteoporosis International 2016, 27(3), 1199-1208.
- Yao A, Wilson JA, Ball SL. Sinonasal disease- a consequence of autonomic imbalance?.
Allergy and Rhinology 2016. Submitted.
- Addison M. Social games and Identity Distinction at work: Playing with class, gender and emotion (contracted).
Houndsmill, Basingstoke and Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- McSweeney LA, Rousseau NS, Wilson JA, Wilkes S, Haighton CA. Stakeholder’s views of recurrent sore throat, tonsillitis and their management: a qualitative interview study.
Clin Otolaryngol 2016. In Press.
- Yu K, Liu X, Alhamzawi R, Becker F, Lord J. Statistical methods for body mass index: a selective review.
Statistical Methods in Medical Research 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Killen A, Flynn D, De Brún A, O'Brien N, O'Brien J, Thomas AJ, McKeith I, Taylor JP. Support and information needs following a diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies.
International Psychogeriatrics 2016, 28(3), 495-501.
- Pedersen A, Wilson JA, McColl E, Carding PN, Patterson J. Swallowing outcome measures in head and neck cancer – how do they compare?.
Oral Oncology 2016, 52, 104-108.
- Sherrington A, Newham JJ, Bell R, Adamson A, McColl E, Araujo-Soares V. Systematic Review and meta-analysis of internet-delivered interventions providing personalised feedback for weight loss in overweight and obese adults.
Obesity Reviews 2016, 17(6), 541-551.
- Hallsworth K, Avery L, Trenell MI. Targeting lifestyle behaviour change in adults with NAFLD during a 20 minute consultation: Summary of the dietary and exercise literature.
Current Gastroenterology Reports 2016, 18(3), 1-7.
- Boothroyd LG, Jucker JL, Thornborrow T, Jamieson MA, Burt DM, Barton R, Evans EH, Tovée MJ. Television exposure predicts body size ideals in rural Nicaragua.
British Journal of Psychology 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Heslehurst N, Vieira R, Hayes L, Crowe L, Jones D, Robalino S, Slack E, Rankin J. The association between maternal body mass index (BMI), prolonged pregnancy (PP; ≥41 weeks gestation) and post-term birth (PTB; ≥42 weeks gestation): a systematic review with meta-analysis.
In: British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society. 2016, University of Birmingham, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Pine C, Adair P, Robinson L, Burnside G, Moynihan P, Wade W, Kistler J, Curnow M, Henderson M. The BBaRTS Healthy Teeth Behaviour Change Programme for preventing dental caries in primary school children: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2016, 17, 103.
- Agius A, Borg-Xuereb R, Carrick-Sen D, Sultana R, Rankin J. The co-existence of depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress symptoms in the perinatal period: A Systematic Review.
Midwifery 2016, 36, 70-79.
- Leslie WS, Ford I, Sattar N, Hollingsworth KG, Adamson A, Sniehotta FF, McCombie L, Brosnahan N, Ross H, Mathers JC, Peters C, Thom G, Barnes A, Kean S, McIlvenna Y, Rodrigues A, Rehackova L, Zhyzhneuskaya S, Taylor R, Lean MEJ. The Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT): protocol for a cluster randomised trial.
BMC Family Practice 2016, 17, 20.
- Azevedo LB, Ling J, Soos I, Robalino S, Ells L. The Effectiveness of Sedentary Behaviour Interventions for Reducing Body Mass Index in Children and Adolescents: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Obesity Reviews 2016.
- Hunter E, Rogathi J, Chigudu S, Jusabani A, Jackson M, Whittaker RG, Gray W, McNally RJ, Aris E, Mushi D, Walker R. The epilepsy treatment gap in rural Tanzania: a community-based study in adults.
Seizure: European Journal of Epilepsy 2016, 36, 49-56.
- Gotts ZM, Newton JL, Ellis JG, Deary V. The experience of sleep in chronic fatigue syndrome: A qualitative interview study with patients.
British Journal of Health Psychology 2016, 21(1), 71-92.
- Ball SL, Mann DA, Wilson JA, Fisher AJ. The Role of the Fibroblast in Inflammatory Upper Airway Conditions.
American Journal of Pathology 2016, 186(2), 225-233.
- Patel NR, Pasupathy D, Flynn AC, Hayes L, Levin JG, Singh C, Briley AL, Seed PT, Poston L, UPBEAT Consortium. The UPBEAT Behavioural Intervention in Obese Pregnant Women - Maternal and Infant Follow-Up 6 Months Postpartum.
In: REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES. 2016, 2455 TELLER RD, THOUSAND OAKS, CA 91320 USA: SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC.
- Kwasnicka D, Dombrowski SU, White M, Sniehotta F. Theoretical explanations for maintenance of behaviour change: a systematic review of behaviour theories.
Health Psychology Review 2016, ePub ahead of print.
- Keown P, French J, Gibson G, Newton E, Cull S, Brown P, Parry J, Lyons D, McKinnon I. Too much detention? Street Triage and detentions under Section 136 Mental Health Act in the North-East of England: a descriptive study of the effects of a Street Triage intervention.
BMJ Open 2016. Submitted.
- Watson G, O'Hara J, Carding P, Lecouturier J, Stocken D, Fouweather T, Wilson JA. TOPPITS: Trial Of Proton Pump Inhibitors in Throat Symptoms. Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
BMC Trials 2016, 17, 175.
- McDevitt J, Cancela MD, Kelly M, Comber H, Sharp L. Tracheostomy and infection prolong length of stay in hospital after surgery for head and neck cancer: a population based study.
Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology 2016, 121(1), 22-28.e1.
- Fletcher S, Wright C, Jones A, Parkinson K, Adamson A. Tracking of toddler fruit and vegetable preferences to intake and adiposity later in childhood.
Maternal and Child Nutrition 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Mulder RL, van der Pal HJH, Levitt GA, Skinner R, Kremer LCM, Brown MC, Bardi E, Windsor R, Michel G, Frey E. Transition guidelines: An important step in the future care for childhood cancer survivors. A comprehensive definition as groundwork.
European Journal of Cancer 2016, 54, 64-68.
- de Basea MB, Salotti JA, Pearce MS, Muchart J, Riera L, Barber I, Pedraza S, Pardina M, Capdevila A, Espinosa A, Cardis E. Trends and patterns in the use of computed tomography in children and young adults in Catalonia - results from the EPI-CT study.
Pediatric Radiology 2016, 46(1), 119-129.
- King E, Wells M, Hulbert-Williams N, Patterson J, SiP Team Tayside. Understanding and addressing potential barriers and facilitators to adherence to a swallowing exercise intervention for patients with head and neck cancer: the SiP study.
In: British Psychosocial Oncology Society 2016 Annual Conference. 2016, Cambridge, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Carpenter J, Dickinson C. Understanding interprofessional education as an intergroup encounter: The use of contact theory in programme planning.
Journal of Interprofessional Care 2016, 30(1), 103-108.
- Salomone E, Beranova S, Bonnet-Brilhault F, Lauritsen MB, Budisteanu M, Buitelaar J, Canal-Bedia R, Felhosi G, Fletcher-Watson S, Freitag C, Fuentes J, Gallagher L, Primo PG, Gliga F, Gomot M, Green J, Heimann M, Jonsdottir SL, Kaale A, Kawa R, Kylliainen A, Lemcke S, Markovska-Simoska S, Marschik PB, McConachie H, Moilanen I, Muratori F, Narzisi A, Noterdaeme M, Oliveira G, Oosterling I, Pijl M, Pop-Jordanova N, Poustka L, Roeyers H, Roge B, Sinzig J, Vicente A, Warreyn P, Charman T. Use of early intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorder across Europe.
Autism 2016, 20(2), 233-249.
- O'Brien N, Philpott-Morgan S, Dixon D. Using impairment and cognitions to predict walking in osteoarthritis: A series of n-of-1 studies with an individually tailored, data-driven intervention.
British Journal of Health Psychology 2016, 21(1), 52-70.
- McDonald S, Davidson K. Using N-of-1 methods to study or change health-related behaviour: A symposium summary.
European Health Psychologist 2016, 18(1), 38-42.
- Steven S, Hollingsworth KG, Al-Mrabeh A, Avery L, Aribisala B, Caslake M, Taylor R. Very-Low-Calorie Diet and 6 Months of Weight Stability in Type 2 Diabetes: Pathophysiologic Changes in Responders and Nonresponders.
Diabetes Care 2016, 1-8.
- Hislop J, Mason H, Parr JR, Vale L, Colver A. Views of young people with chronic conditions on transition from paediatric to adult health services: a Q-methodology study.
Journal of Adolescent Health 2016. In Press.
- Hill TR, Mendonca N, Granic A, Siervo M, Jagger C, Seal C, Cerse N, Wham C, Adamson A, Mathers JC. What do we know about the nutritional status of the very old? Insights from three cohorts of advanced age from UK and New Zealand.
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2016. In Press.
- Balfe M, O' Brien K, Timmons A, Butow P, O' Sullivan E, Gooberman-Hill R, Sharp L. What factors are associated with posttraumatic growth in head and neck cancer carers?.
European Journal of Oncology Nursing 2016, 21, 31-37.