Year: 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1984 1982 0000
- Keyes SE, Clarke CL, Wilkinson H, Alexjuk EJ, Wilcockson J, Robinson L, Reynolds J, McClelland S, Corner L, Cattan M. "We're all thrown in the same boat...": A qualitative analysis of peer support in dementia care.
Dementia 2016, 15(4), 560-577.
- Crowe L, Addison M, Vaittinen A. 'Lay views of termination of pregnancy for non-lethal fetal anomaly: Acceptable termination through stigmatising the mother'.
In: BJOG Special Issue (Published abstract). 2016. Submitted.
- Hankonen N, Heino MTJ, Araujo-Soares V, Sniehotta FF, Sund R, Vasankari T, Absetz P, Borodulin K, Uutela A, Lintunen T, Haukkala A. 'Let's Move It' - a school-based multilevel intervention to increase physical activity and reduce sedentary behaviour among older adolescents in vocational secondary schools: a study protocol for a cluster-randomised trial.
BMC Public Health 2016, 16, 451.
- Moffatt S, Heaven B. 'Planning for uncertainty': narratives on retirement transition experiences.
Ageing and Society 2016, ePub ahead of print.
- deBrun A, Heavey E, Waring J, Dawson P, Scott J. PReSaFe: a model of barriers and facilitators to patients providing feedback on experiences of safety.
Health Expectations 2016. In Press.
- Jagger C, Matthews FE, Wohland P, Fouweather T, Stephan BCM, Robinson L, Arthur A, Brayne C, on behalf of the Medical Research Council Cognitive Function and Ageing Collaboration. A comparison of health expectancies over two decades in England: results of the Cognitive Function and Ageing Study I and II.
The Lancet 2016, 387(10020), 779-786.
- Stock C, Jürges H, Shen J, Bozorgmehr K, Listl S. A comparison of tooth retention and replacement across 15 countries in the over-50s.
Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2016.
- Paleri V, Wood J, Patterson J, Stocken DD, Cole M, Vale L, Franks J, Guerrero-Urbano T, Donnelly R, Barclay S, Rapley T, Rousseau N. A feasibility study incorporating a pilot randomised controlled trial of oral feeding plus pre-treatment gastrostomy tube versus oral feeding plus as-needed nasogastric tube feeding in patients undergoing chemoradiation for head and neck cancer (TUBE trial): study protocol.
Pilot and feasibility studies 2016, 2(29).
- McNally RJ, Wakeford R, James PW, Basta NO, Alston RD, Pearce MS, Elliott AT. A geographical study of thyroid cancer incidence in north-west England following the Windscale nuclear reactor fire of 1957.
Journal of Radiological Protection 2016. In Press.
- Haighton CA, Wilson GB, Ling J, McCabe K, Crosland A, Kaner EFS. A Qualitative Study of Service Provision for Alcohol Related Health Issues in Mid to Later Life.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(2), e0148601.
- Tresman R, Brown M, Fraser F, Skinner R, Bailey S. A School Passport as Part of a Protocol to Assist Educational Reintegration After Medulloblastoma Treatment in Childhood.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer 2016, 63(9), 1636-1642.
- Abd Hamid IJ, Slatter M, Pearce MS, Gennery AR. A single centre cohort report of long term clinical outcome of severe combined immunodeficiency following haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
In: 2016 CIS Annual Meeting: Immune Deficiency & Dysregulation North American Conference. 2016, Boston, Massachusetts, USA: Springer US.
- O'Brien J, Gallagher P, Stow D, Hammerla N, Ploetz T, Firbank M, Ladha C, Ladha K, Jackson D, McNaney R, Ferrier N, Olivier P. A study of wrist-worn activity measurement as a potential real-world biomarker for late life depression.
In: 18th Annual Conference of the International Society for Bipolar Disorders & 8th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Affective Disorders. 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Potthoff S, Rasul O, Sniehotta FF, Beyer F, Thomson R, Avery L, Presseau J. A systematic review and meta-analysis assessing the relationship between habit and healthcare professional behaviour in clinical practice.
PROSPERO 2016. In Preparation.
- Hynynen ST, van Stralen MM, Sniehotta FF, Araujo-Soares V, Hardeman W, Chinapaw MJM, Vasankari T, Hankonen N. A systematic review of school-based interventions targeting physical activity and sedentary behaviour among older adolescents.
INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF SPORT AND EXERCISE PSYCHOLOGY 2016, 9(1), 22-44.
- Harrison SL, Tang EY, Keage HA, Taylor JP, Allan L, Robinson L, Jagger C, Rockwood K, Stephan BC. A Systematic Review of the Definitions of Vascular Cognitive Impairment, No Dementia in Cohort Studies.
Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders 2016, 42(1-2), 69-79.
- Fletcher-Watson S, Petrou A, Scott-Barrett J, Dicks P, Graham C, O'Hare A, Pain H, McConachie H. A trial of an iPad™ intervention targeting social communication skills in children with autism.
Autism 2016, 20(7), 771-782.
- Matthews FE, Stephan B, Robinson L, Jagger C, Barnes LE, Arthur A, Brayne C. A two decade dementia incidence comparison from the Cognitive Function and Ageing Studies I and II .
Nature Communications 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Foster C, Grimmett C, May CM, Ewings S, Myall M, Hulme C, Smith PW, Powers C, Calman L, Armes J, Breckons M, Corner J, Fenlon D, Batehup L, Lennan E, May CR, Morris C, Neylon A, Ream E, Turner L, Yardley L, Richardson A. A web-based intervention (RESTORE) to support self-management of cancer-related fatigue following primary cancer treatment: a multi-centre proof of concept randomised controlled trial.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, 24(6), 2445-2453.
- Giles EL, Sniehotta FF, McColl E, Adams J. Acceptability of financial incentives for health behaviour change to public health policymakers: a qualitative study.
BMC PUBLIC HEALTH 2016, 16.
- Giles E, Becker F, Ternent L, Sniehotta F, McColl E, Adams J. Acceptability of Financial Incentives for Health Behaviours: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(6).
- Adams J, McNaughten RJ, Wigham S, Flynn D, Ternent L, Shucksmith J. Acceptability of Parental Financial Incentives and Quasi-Mandatory Interventions for Preschool Vaccinations: Triangulation of Findings from Three Linked Studies.
PLoS One 2016, 11(6), e0156843.
- O'Connor M, Gallagher P, Waller J, Martin CM, O'Leary JJ, Sharp L, Irish Cervical Screening Res Conso. Adverse psychological outcomes following colposcopy and related procedures: a systematic review.
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2016, 123(1), 24-38.
- Scharf T, Walsh K, O'Shea E. Ageing in Rural Places.
In: Shucksmith, M; Brown, DL, ed. Routledge International Handbook of Rural Studies. London: Routledge, 2016, pp.50-61.
- Rehm J, Anderson P, Manthey J, Shield KD, Struzzo P, Wojnar M, Gual A. Alcohol Use Disorders in Primary Health Care: What Do We Know and Where Do We Go?.
Alcohol and Alcoholism 2016, 51(4), 422-427.
- McDonald C, Pearce MS, Wincenciak J, Kerr SRJ, Newton JL. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Variability Increases Over a 10-Year Follow-Up in Community-Dwelling Older People.
American Journal of Hypertension 2016, 29(5).
- Hislop J, Gray J, Vale L. Annex 1. Scoping Review of the Evidence Base: overview and methods.
2016. Available at: http://www.nesta.org.uk/sites/default/files/rtv-scoping-review.pdf.
- Hislop J, Stoniute J, Vale L. Annex 2: Evidence Summaries for Shortlisted Interventions.
2016. Available at: http://www.nesta.org.uk/sites/default/files/rtv-evidence-summaries.pdf.
- Brennand C, von Wilamowitz-Moellendorff A, Dunn S, Wilkinson J, Chadwick T, Ternent L, Oluboyede Y, Wood R, Walton K, Fader M, N'Dow J, Abdel-Fattah M, McClurg D, Little P, Hilton P, Timoney A, Morris N, Thiruchelvam N, Lacombe J, Harrison S, Armstrong H, McColl E, Pickard R. Antibiotic treatment for intermittent bladder catheterisation with once daily prophylaxis (the AnTIC study): Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2016, 17, 276.
- McAllister-Williams RH, Anderson IM, Finkelmeyer A, Gallagher P, Grunze HCR, Haddad PM, Hughes T, Lloyd AJ, Mamasoula C, McColl E, Pearce S, Siddiqi N, Sinha BNP, Steen N, Wainwright J, Winter FH, Ferrier IN, Watson S, ADD Study Team. Antidepressant augmentation with metyrapone for treatment-resistant depression (the ADD study): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
The Lancet Psychiatry 2016, 3(2), 117-127.
- Hoeller U, Baur M, Roos FF, Brennan L, Daniel H, Fallaize R, Forster H, Gibney ER, Gibney M, Godlewska M, Hartwig K, Kolossa S, Lambrinou CP, Livingstone KM, Lovegrove JA, Macready AL, Manios Y, Marsaux CFM, Martinez JA, Celis-Morales C, Moschonis G, Navas-Carretero S, O'Donovan CB, San-Cristobal R, Saris WHM, Surwillo A, Traczyk I, Tsirigoti L, Walsh MC, Woolhead C, Mathers JC, Weber P, Food4Me Project. Application of dried blood spots to determine vitamin D status in a large nutritional study with unsupervised sampling: the Food4Me project.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 115(2), 202-211.
- Tewari P, White C, Kelly L, Kearney P, Pilkington L, D'Arcy T, Murphy C, Farah N, Lee E, Mullen D, Barry-O'Crowley J, O'Toole S, Sharp L, O'Leary J, Martin C. Application of Triage Markers for Management of HPV Positive Women Presenting at Colposcopy with Minor Cytological Abnormalities.
In: United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology 105th Annual Meeting. 2016, Seattle, WA, USA: Nature Publishing Group.
- Brown H, Becker F. Are all health shocks the same? Exploring the relationship between labour market outcomes and a diagnosis of cancer, COPD, diabetes and depression.
In: 6th Biennial Conference of the American Society of Health Economists. 2016, Philadelphia (USA).
- Manning R, James C, Smith M, Innes B, Stamp E, Peebles D, Bulmer J, Robson S, Lash G. Are cervical cytokines, antimicrobials and microflora associated with pre-term birth in high-risk women?.
In: RCOG World Congress. 2016, Birmingham, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Brown J, West R, Beard E, Brennan A, Drummond C, Gillespie D, Hickman M, Holmes J, Kaner E, Michie S. Are recent attempts to quit smoking associated with reduced drinking in England? A cross-sectional population survey.
BMC Public Health 2016, 16, 535.
- Franco-Villoria M, Wright CM, McColl JH, Sherriff A, Pearce MS, Gateshead Millennium Core Study Team. Assessment of adult body composition using bioelectrical impedance: comparison of researcher calculated to machine outputted values.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(1).
- McGeoghegan L, Muirhead CR, Almoosawi S. Association between an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant dietary pattern and diabetes in British adults: Results from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey rolling programme Years 1-4.
International Journal of Food Sciences & Nutrition 2016, 67(5), 553-561.
- Brown H, Becker F, Antwi K. Association between lipid biomarkers, physical activity, and socioeconomic status in a population based cross-sectional study in the United Kingdom.
Sports Medicine - Open 2016, 2, 25.
- Bramwell L, Glinianaia SV, Rankin J, Rose M, Fernandes A, Harrad S, Pless-Mulloli T. Associations between human exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ether flame retardants via diet and indoor dust, and internal dose: A systematic review.
Environment International 2016, 92-93, 680-694.
- Bell GM, Anderson AE, Diboll J, Reece R, Eltherington O, Harry RA, Fouweather T, MacDonald C, Chadwick T, McColl EM, Dunn J, Dickinson AM, Hilkens CMU, Isaacs JD. Autologous Tolerogenic Dendritic Cells for Rheumatoid and Inflammatory Arthritis (AuToDeCRA).
Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Azuara-Blanco A, Banister K, Boachie C, McMeekin P, Gray J, Burr J, Bourne R, Garway-Heath D, Batterbury M, Hernandez R, McPherson G, Ramsay C, Cook J. Automated imaging technologies for the diagnosis of glaucoma: a comparative diagnostic study for the evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy, performance as triage tests and cost-effectiveness (GATE study).
Health Technology Assessment 2016, 20(8), 1-202.
- Wrieden WL, Levy LB. ‘Change4Life Smart Swaps’: quasi-experimental evaluation of a natural experiment.
Public Health Nutrition 2016, 19(13), 2388-2392.
- Minos D. “Eat, my child”. Overweight and obesity among children in developing countries.
Courant Research Center "Poverty, Equity, Growth" Discussion Paper No. 197 2016. In Preparation.
- Sniehotta FF, Presseau J, Allan J, Araújo-Soares V. “You Can't Always Get What You Want”: A Novel Research Paradigm to Explore the Relationship between Multiple Intentions and Behaviours.
Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being 2016, 8(2), 258-275.
- Goodwin J, McCormack L, Campbell LE. “You don’t know until you get there”: The positive and negative ‘lived’ experience of parenting an adult child with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
Health Psychology 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Avery L, Flynn D, Prentis J, Snowden CP. Barriers and enabling factors to participation of older adults in physical activity/exercise prior to surgery.
In: European Health Psychology Society Annual Conference. 2016. In Press.
- Owen S, Puvanendran M, Bowe I, Meikle D, O'Hara J, Patterson J, Paleri V. Baseline swallowing measures predict recovery at 6 weeks after transoral robotic surgery for head and neck cancer.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016. In Press.
- Ball HL, Howel D, Bryant A, Best E, Russell C, Ward-Platt M. Bed sharing by breastfeeding mothers: who bed-shares and what is the relationship with breastfeeding duration?.
Acta Paediatrica 2016, 105(6), 628-634.
- Hart RI, McDonagh JE, Thompson B, Foster HE, Kay L, Myers A, Rapley T. Being as normal as possible: How young people ages 16-25 years evaluate the risks and benefits of treatment for inflammatory arthritis.
Arthritis Care & Research 2016, 68(9), 1288-1294.
- Brown H. Birds of a Feather Flock together: Correlation in BMI Categories in Long Term Relationships.
Australian Economic Review 2016. In Press.
- Leigh L, Byles JE, Jagger C. BMI and healthy life expectancy in old and very old women.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 116(4), 692-699.
- Kullar PJ, Quail J, Lindsey P, Wilson JA, Horvath R, Yu-Wai-Man P, Moore BC, Chinnery PF. Both mitochondrial DNA and mitonuclear gene mutations cause hearing loss through cochlear dysfunction.
Brain 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Hanly P, Maguire R, Balfe M, Hyland P, Timmons A, O'Sullivan E, Butow P, Sharp L. Burden and happiness in head and neck cancer carers: the role of supportive care needs.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Avery L, Mostafaee B, Charman S, Taylor R, Sniehotta F, Trenell M. Can a behavioural intervention targeting physical activity behaviour of adults with type 2 diabetes be delivered faithfully by healthcare professionals during routine primary care?.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow, UK: Wiley.
- Avery L, Mostafaee B, Charman SJ, Taylor R, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Can a behavioural intervention targeting physical activity behaviour of adults with Type 2 diabetes be delivered faithfully by healthcare professionals during routine primary care?.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Fay M, Rapley T, Foster H, Pain C, Gerrand C. Can Seeding in the Clinic Reach a Wide Audience? A Proof of Concept Study on Spreading a Health Message About Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Using a Shareable Online Video.
Journal of Medical Internet Research 2016, 5(1), e6.
- Basterfield L, Gardner L, Reilly JK, Pearce MS, Parkinson KN, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ, Vella SA. Can’t play, won’t play: longitudinal changes in perceived barriers to participation in sports clubs across the child-adolescent transition.
BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine 2016, 2(1), e000079.
- Hanly P, Pearce AM, Sharp L. Cancer and productivity in the Irish economy: an employer's perspective.
Irish Journal of Management 2016. In Press.
- Coffey L, Mooney O, Dunne S, Sharp L, Timmons A, Desmond D, O'Sullivan E, Timon C, Gooberman-Hill R, Gallagher P. Cancer survivors’ perspectives on adjustment-focused self-management interventions: a qualitative meta-synthesis.
Journal of Cancer Survivorship 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Sharp L, O'Leary E, Kinnear H, Gavin A, Drummond FJ. Cancer-related symptoms predict psychological wellbeing among prostate cancer survivors: results from the PiCTure study.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, 25(3), 282-291.
- Collins C, Kunadian V, James P, Robson S. Cardiovascular risk and vascular function after pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsia and small for gestational age.
In: RCOG World Congress. 2016, Birmingham, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Macdonald AS, Robinson L. Care at the End of Life: Design Priorities for People with Dementia.
In: Third KES International Conference on Innovation in Medicine and Healthcare 2015 (InMed-15). 2016, Kyoto, Japan: Springer International Publishing.
- Comber H, Sharp L, de Camargo Cancela M, Haase T, Johnson H, Pratschke J. Causes and outcomes of emergency presentation of rectal cancer.
International Journal of Cancer 2016, 139(5), 1031-1039.
- Graham HK, Rosenbaum P, Paneth N, Dan B, Lin JP, Damiano DL, Becher JG, Gaebler-Spira D, Colver A, Reddihough D, Crompton KE, Lieber RL. Cerebral palsy.
Nature Reviews Disease Primers 2016, 2, 15082.
- Flynn D, Ford GA, McMeekin PJ, White PM. Characteristics of intra-arterial thrombectomy service provision in England.
International Journal of Stroke 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Salomone E, Charman T, McConachie H, Warreyn P. Child's verbal ability and gender are associated with age at diagnosis in a sample of young children with ASD in Europe.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2016, 42(1), 141-145.
- Virella D, Pennington L, Andersen GL, Andrada MD, Greitane A, Himmelmann K, Prasauskiene A, Rackauskaite G, De La Cruz J, Colver A, Surveillance Cerebral Palsy Europe. Classification systems of communication for use in epidemiological surveillance of children with cerebral palsy.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2016, 58(3), 285-291.
- Spyridopoulos I, Martin-Ruiz C, Hilkens C, Yadegarfar ME, Isaacs J, Jagger C, Kirkwood T, von Zglinicki T. CMV-seropositivity and T-cell senescence predict increased cardiovascular mortality in octogenarians - results from the Newcastle 85+ study.
Aging Cell 2016, 15(2), 389-392.
- Potthoff S, Garnefski N, Miklósi M, Ubbiali A, Domínguez-Sánchez FJ, Martins EC, Witthöft M, Kraaij K. Cognitive Emotion Regulation and Psychopathology across Cultures: A Comparison between Six European Countries.
Personality and Individual Differences 2016, 98, 218-224.
- Marshall I, Rosenbrier C, McKinnon I, Yordanova Y. Collaborative Risk Assessment – the Development of a Process.
In: 15th International Conference on the Care and Treatment of Offenders with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability. 2016, Manchester, UK.
- Rodrigues AM, French DP, Sniehotta FF. Commentary: The Impact of Asking Intention or Self-Prediction Questions on Subsequent Behavior: A Meta-Analysis.
Frontiers in Psychology 2016, 7, 879.
- Elliott AT, Gibson CJ, Barrett J, Darragh P, DeVocht F, Harrison J, Howard B, Marsden P, Martin C, McKeown S, Nunan T, Pearce M, Prise K, Robinson I, Taylor R, Toledano M, Wakefield R, Warwick P, West C, Bithell J, Evan W, Helleday T, Hodgson S, Hoskin P, Jeggo P, Kadhim M, Maskell G, Black R, Bunch K, Simmonds J, Brown J, McNally R, Zhang W. Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment (COMARE). Seventeenth report. Further considerations of the incidence of cancers around the nuclear installations at Sellafield and Dounreay.
Chilton: Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment (COMARE), 2016. 17.
- Brown TJ, Todd A, O'Malley C, Moore HJ, Husband AK, Bambra C, Kasim A, Sniehotta FF, Steed L, Smith S, Nield L, Summerbell CD. Community pharmacy-delivered interventions for public health priorities: a systematic review of interventions for alcohol reduction, smoking cessation and weight management, including meta-analysis for smoking cessation.
BMJ OPEN 2016, 6(2).
- Bunn F, Burn A-M, Goodman C, Robinson L, Rait G, Norton S, Bennett H, Poole M, Schoeman J, Brayne C. Comorbidity and dementia: a mixed method study on improving healthcare for people with dementia (CoDem).
Health services and delivery research 2016, 4(8), xxv, 156.
- Pearce A, Ryan F, Drummond FJ, Thomas AA, Timmons A, Sharp L. Comparing the costs of three prostate cancer follow-up strategies: a cost minimisation analysis.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, 24(2), 879-886.
- Brown J, West R, Angus C, Beard E, Brennan A, Drummond C, Hickman M, Holmes J, Kaner E, Michie S. Comparison of brief interventions in primary care on smoking and excessive alcohol consumption: a population survey in England.
British Journal of General Practice 2016, 66(642), E1-E9.
- Bradley J, Simpson E, Poliakov I, Matthew JNS, Olivier P, Adamson AJ, Foster E. Comparison of INTAKE24 (an Online 24-h Dietary Recall Tool) with Interviewer-Led 24-h Recall in 11–24 Year-Old.
Nutrition 2016, 8(6), 358-358.
- Goffe L, Hillier-Brown F, Doherty A, Wrieden W, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Comparison of sodium content of meals served by independent takeaways using standard versus reduced holed salt shakers: Cross-sectional study.
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2016, 13, 102.
- Stephan BC, Tang E, Muniz-Terrera G. Composite Risk Scores for Predicting Dementia.
Current Opinion in Psychiatry 2016, 29(2), 174-180.
- McKinnon I, Finch T. Contextualising health screening in police custody suites – qualitative evaluation from the HELP-PC study in London, UK.
Journal of Health Services Research and Policy 2016. Submitted.
- Marcos G, Santabarbara J, Lopez-Anton R, De-la-Camara C, Gracia-Garcia P, Lobo E, Pirez G, Menchon JM, Palomo T, Stephan BCM, Brayne C, Lobo A, ZARADEMP Workgroup. Conversion to dementia in mild cognitive impairment diagnosed with DSM-5 criteria and with Petersen's criteria.
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2016, 133(5), 378-385.
- Hamilton DW, Hulme C, Flood L, Powell S. Cost Utility Analysis and Otolaryngology.
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2016, 10, 1-7. In Preparation.
- Phillips L, Goodwin J, Johnson M, Campbell LE. Could I, should I? Parenting aspirations and personal considerations of five young women with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome.
Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Petkar I, Rooney K, Roe J, Patterson J, Bernstein D, Tyler J, Hall E, Emson M, Morden J, Mertens K, Miles K, Beasley M, Roques T, Bhide S, Newbold K, Harrington K, Nutting C. DARS: a phase III randomised multicentre study of dysphagia optimised intensity modulated radiotherapy (Do-IMRT) versus standard intensity modulated radiotherapy (S-IMRT) in head and neck cancers.
BMC Cancer 2016.
- Blakey K, McNally RJ. Declarative Title: Fluoridation may not be linked with adverse health outcomes.
The Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Collerton J, Jagger C, Yadegarfar ME, Davies K, Parker SG, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL. Deconstructing Complex Multimorbidity in the Very Old: Findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
BioMed Research International 2016, 2016, 8745670.
- Davis D, Muniz-Terrera G, Keage HAD, Stephan B, Fleming J, Ince PG, Matthews FE, Cunnigham C, Ely EW, MacLullich AMJ, Brayne C. Delirium accelerates cognitive decline in late life: a neuropathological study in 987 individuals from three population-based cohort studies.
JAMA Psychiatry 2016. In Press.
- Devlin AM, McGee-Lennon M, O'Donnell CA, Bouamrane MM, Agbakoba R, O'Connor S, Grieve E, Finch T, Wyke S, Watson N, Browne S, Mair FS, Dallas Evaluation Team. Delivering digital health and well-being at scale: lessons learned during the implementation of the dallas program in the United Kingdom.
American Medical Informatics Association. Journal 2016, 23(1), 48-59.
- Wu Y-T, Fratiglioni L, Matthews FE, Lobo A, Breteler MMB, Skoog I, Brayne C. Dementia in western Europe: epidemiological evidence and implications for policy making.
Lancet Neurology 2016, 15(1), 116-124.
- Tang EYH, Burn D, Taylor JP, Robinson L. Dementia with Lewy Bodies: The Emerging Role of Primary Care.
European Journal of General Practice 2016, 22(1), 53-57.
- Fletcher-Watson S, Pain H, Hammond S, Humphry A, McConachie H. Designing for young children with autism spectrum disorder: A case study of an iPad app.
International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Mullan B, Allom V, Sainsbury K, Monds L. Determining motivation to engage in safe food handling behaviour.
Food Control 2016, 61, 47-53.
- McMeekin P, Flynn D, Ford GA, Rodgers H, Gray J, Thomson RG. Development of a decision analytic model to support decision making and risk communication about thrombolytic treatment (vol 15, pg 108, 2015).
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2016, 16(4).
- Janssen X, Mann KD, Basterfield L, Parkinson KN, Pearce MS, Reilly JK, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ. Development of sedentary behaviour across childhood and adolescence: longitudinal analysis of the Gateshead Millennium Study.
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2016, 13(88).
- Rodgers J, Wigham S, McConachie H, Freeston M, Honey E, Parr JR. Development of the Anxiety Scale for Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASC-ASD) Autism Research.
Autism Research 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Leslie W, Lean M, Brosnahan N, Barnes A, Thom G, Sattar N, McCombie L, Ross H, Taylor R. Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT): protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial in primary care.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Granic A, Davies K, Adamson A, Kirkwood T, Hill TR, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Jagger C. Dietary Patterns High in Red Meat, Potato, Gravy, and Butter Are Associated with Poor Cognitive Functioning but Not with Rate of Cognitive Decline in Very Old Adults.
Journal of Nutrition 2016, 146(2), 265-274.
- Hrisos S, Thomson R. Direct engagement: Developing and piloting the ‘ThinkSAFE’ Intervention.Chapter 9. In Wright J LR, O’Hara J, Ermitage G, Sheard L1, Marsh C, et al, Improving patient safetythrough the involvement of patients: NIHR applied programme. Programme Grants Appl Res.
2016. RP-PG-0108-10049. In Press.
- Watson V, Becker F, de Bekker-Grob E. Discrete choice experiment response rates: a meta-analysis.
Health Economics 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Balfe M, Timmons A, O'Sullivan E, Butow P, Gooberman-Hill R, Maguire R, Hanly P, Sharp L. Distress in long-term head and neck cancer carers: a qualitative study of carers' perspectives.
Journal of Clinical Nursing 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Timms JA, Relton CL, Rankin J, Strathdee G, McKay JA. DNA methylation as a potential mediator of environmental risks in the development of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
Epigenomics 2016, 8(4), 519-536.
- Hanson H, O'Brien N, Whybrow P, Isaacs JD, Rapley T. Drug breakthrough offers hope to arthritis sufferers: qualitative analysis of medical research in UK newspapers.
Health Expectations 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Mukaetova-Ladinska EB, Steel M, Coppock M, Cosker G, James P, Scully A, McNally RJ. Dysphoria is a risk factor for depression in medically ill older people.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2016.
- Echevarria C, Brewin K, Horobin H, Bryant A, Corbett S, Steer J, Bourke SC. Early Supported Discharge/ Hospital At Home For Acute Exacerbation Of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Review and Meta-Analysis.
COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Bhattarai N, McMeekin P, Price C, Vale L. Economic evaluations on centralisation of specialised healthcare services: a systematic review of methods.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(5), e011214.
- Cambois E, Sole-Auro A, Bronnum-Hansen H, Egidi V, Jagger C, Jeune B, Nusselder WJ, Van Oyen H, White C, Robine JM. Educational differentials in disability vary across and within welfare regimes: a comparison of 26 European countries in 2009.
Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 2016, 70(4), 331-338.
- Granic A, Jagger C, Davies K, Adamson A, Kirkwood T, Hill TR, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Sayer AA. Effect of dietary patterns of muscle strength and physical performance in the very old: findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
PLOS One 2016, 11(3), e0149699.
- Randell R, Honey S, Alvarado N, Pearman A, Greenhalgh J, Long A, Gardner P, Gill A, Jayne D, Dowding D. Embedding robotic surgery into routine practice and impacts on communication and decision making: a review of the experience of surgical teams.
Cognition, Technology & Work 2016, 18(2), 423-437.
- Hickey A, Newham J, Slawinska M, Kwasnicka D, McDonald S, Del Din S, Sniehotta F, Davis P, Godfrey A. Estimating cut points: a simple method for new wearables.
Maturitas 2016, 83, 78-82.
- Kiely KM, Mitchell P, Gopinath B, Luszcz MA, Jagger C, Anstey KJ. Estimating the Years Lived With and Without Age-Related Sensory Impairment.
Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 2016, 71(5), 637-642.
- Anderson P, Rehm J. Evaluating Alcohol Industry Action to Reduce the Harmful Use of Alcohol.
Alcohol and Alcoholism 2016, 51(4), 383-387.
- Surr CA, Walwyn REA, Lilley-Kelly A, Cicero R, Meads D, Ballard C, Burton K, Chenoweth L, Corbett A, Creese B, Downs M, Farrin AJ, Fossey J, Garrod L, Graham EH, Griffiths A, Holloway I, Jones S, Malik B, Siddiqi N, Robinson L, Stokes G, Wallace D. Evaluating the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Dementia Care Mapping (TM) to enable person-centred care for people with dementia and their carers (DCM-EPIC) in care homes: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2016, 17, 300.
- Jackson VE, Ntalla I, Sayers I, Morris R, Whincup P, Casas J-P, Amuzu A, Choi M, Dale C, Kumari M, Engmann J, Kalsheker N, Chappell S, Guetta-Baranes T, McKeever TM, Palmer CNA, Tavendale R, Holloway JW, Sayer AA, Dennison EM, Cooper C, Bafadhel M, Barker B, Brightling C, Bolton CE, John ME, Parker SG, Moffat MF, Wardlaw AJ, Connolly MJ, Porteous DJ, Smith BH, Padmanabhan S, Hocking L, Stirrups KE, Deloukas P, Strachan DP, Hall IP, Tobin MD, Wain LV. Exome-wide analysis of rare coding variation identifies novel associations with COPD and airflow limitation in MOCS3, IFIT3 and SERPINA12.
Thorax 2016, 71(6), 501-509.
- Hanson H, Isaacs JD, Kay LJ, Lendrem DW, O'Brien N, Pratt AG, Rapley T. Experiences of staff and patients in relation to clinical research recruitment and involvement: a qualitative study.
In: Rheumatology. 2016, Glasgow: Oxford University Press.
- Albani V, Celis-Morales C, Marsaux CFM, Forster H, O'Donovan CB, Woolhead C, Macready AL, Fallaize R, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, Kolossa S, Mavrogianni C, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Gundersen TE, Kaland SE, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Drevon CA, Gibney ER, Walsh MC, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Daniel H, Lovegrove JA, Gibney MJ, Adamson AJ, Mathers JC, Brennan L. Exploring the association of dairy product intake with the fatty acids C15:0 and C17:0 measured from dried blood spots in a multipopulation cohort: Findings from the Food4Me study.
Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 2016, 60(4), 834-845.
- Brown H, Biosca O. Exploring the relationship between time preference, body fatness, and educational attainment.
Social Science and Medicine 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Newton L, C Dickinson, G Gibson, K Brittain, AL Robinson. Exploring the views of GPs, people with dementia and their carers on assistive technology: a qualitative study.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(5), e011132.
- O'Connor M, Waller J, Gallagher P, Martin CM, O'Leary JJ, D'Arcy T, Prendiville W, Flannelly G, Sharp L. Exploring women’s sensory experiences of undergoing colposcopy and related procedures: implications for preparatory sensory information provision.
Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Brett D, Warnell F, McConachie H, Parr JR. Factors Affecting Age at ASD Diagnosis in UK: No Evidence that Diagnosis Age has Decreased Between 2004 and 2014.
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2016, 46(6), 1974-1984.
- Basta NO, Halliday GC, Makin G, Birch J, Feltbower R, Bown N, Elliott M, Moreno L, Barone G, Pearson AD, James PW, Tweddle DA, McNally RJ. Factors associated with recurrence and survival length following relapse in patients with neuroblastoma.
British Journal of Cancer 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Livingstone KM, Celis-Morales C, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, Forster H, O'Donovan CB, Woolhead C, Marsaux CFM, Macready AL, Fallaize R, Kolossa S, Tsirigoti L, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Drevon CA, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Walsh MC, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Daniel H, Gibney M, Mathers JC, Food4Me Study. Fat mass- and obesity-associated genotype, dietary intakes and anthropometric measures in European adults: the Food4Me study.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 115(3), 440-448.
- Warburton J, Scharf T, Walsh K. Flying under the radar? Risks of social exclusion for older people in rural communities in Australia, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Sociologia Ruralis 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Tyrrell R, Greenhalgh F, Wills WJ, Mathers JC, Adamson AJ, Lake AA. Food environments of young people: linking individual behaviour to environmental context.
Journal of Public Health 2016, e-pub ahead of print.
- McKay JA, Adriaens M, Evelo CT, Ford D, Mathers JC. Gene promoter DNA methylation patterns have a limited role in orchestrating transcriptional changes in the fetal liver in response to maternal folate depletion during pregnancy.
Molecular Nutrition and Food Research 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Brown C, Barron TI, Bennett K, MacDonald D, Dwane F, Sharp L. Generalisability of pharmacoepidemiological studies using restricted prescription data.
Irish Journal of Medical Science 2016, 185(3), 723-727.
- Alderdice F, Newham JJ. Global maternal mental health: where you live matters.
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology 2016, 34(1), 1-2.
- Granic A, Davies K, Jagger C, Kirkwood T, Syddall HE, Sayer AA. Grip strength decline and its determinants in the very old: longitudinal findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(9), e0163183.
- Bunn F, Burn A-M, Robinson L, Poole M, Rait G, Brayne C, Schoeman J, Norton S, Goodman C. Health care organisation and delivery for people with dementia and comorbidity: a qualitative study exploring the views of patients, carers and professionals.
BMJ Open 2016. Submitted.
- McKinnon I, Hayes A, Grubin D. Health characteristics of older police custody detainees in the UK.
Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology 2016. Submitted.
- Richards J, Graham R, Embleton ND, Campbell C, Rankin J. Health professionals' perspectives on bereavement following loss from a twin pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Journal of Perinatology 2016, 36, 529-532.
- Farre A, Wood V, McDonagh JE, Parr J, Reape D, Rapley T. Health professionals’ and managers' definitions of developmentally appropriate healthcare for young people: conceptual dimensions and embedded controversies.
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Durham J, Shen J, Breckons M, Steele JG, Araujo-Soares V, Exley C, Vale L. Healthcare Cost and Impact of Persistent Orofacial Pain: The DEEP Study Cohort.
Journal of Dental Research 2016, 95(10), 1147-1154.
- Scott J, Heavey E, Waring J, Jones D, Dawson P. Healthcare professional and patient codesign and validation of a mechanism for service users to feedback patient safety experiences following a care transfer: a qualitative study.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(7), e011222.
- Ogunbayo OJ, Schafheutle EI, Cutts C, Noyce PR. How do community pharmacists conceptualise and operationalise self-care support of long-term conditions (LTCs)? An English cross-sectional survey.
International Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Sheppard P, Pearce MS, Sear R. How Does Childhood Socioeconomic Hardship Affect Reproductive Strategy? Pathways of Development.
American Journal of Human Biology 2016, 28(3), 356-363.
- Clarke N, Gallagher P, Kearney P, McNamara D, Sharp L. Impact of gender on decisions to participate in faecal immunochemical test-based colorectal cancer screening: a qualitative study.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Sharp L, Cotton S, Cruickshank M, Gray N, Smart L, Whynes D, Little J, TOMBOLA Grp. Impact of post-colposcopy management on women's long-term worries: results from the UK population-based TOMBOLA trial.
Journal of Family Planning & Reproductive Health Care 2016, 42(1), 43-51.
- Keurhorst M, Anderson P, Heinen M, Bendtsen P, Baena B, Brzózka K, Colom J, Deluca P, Drummond C, Kaner E, Kłoda K, Mierzecki A, Newbury-Birch D, Okulicz-Kozaryn K, Palacio-Vieira J, Parkinson K, Reynolds J, Ronda G, Segura L, Słodownik L, Spak F, van Steenkiste B, Wallace P, Wolstenholme A, Wojnar M, Gual A, Laurant M, Wensing M. Impact of primary healthcare providers' initial role security and therapeutic commitment on implementing brief interventions in managing risky alcohol consumption: a cluster randomised factorial trial.
Implementation Science 2016, 11, 96.
- Hagger MS, Luszczynska A, de Wit J, Benyamini Y, Burkert S, Chamberland PE, Chater AM, Dombrowski S, van Dongen A, French DP, Gauchet A, Hankonen N, Karekla M, Kinney AY, Kwasnicka D, Lo SH, López-Roíg S, Meslot C, Marques MM, Neter EM, Plass A, Potthoff S, Rennie L, Scholz U, Stadler G, Stolte EA, ten Hoor G, Verhoeven AAC, Wagner M, Oettingen G, Sheeran P, Gollwitzer PM. Implementation intention and planning interventions in health psychology: Recommendations from the Synergy expert group for research and practice.
Psychology & Health 2016, 1-26.
- Hall A, Finch T, Kolehmainen N, James D. Implementing a video-based intervention to empower staff members in an autism care organization: a qualitative study.
BMC Health Services Research 2016, 16, 608.
- Armitage S, McAnuff J, Featherstone J, Kolehmainen N. Implementing better healthcare: using audit and feedback to change occupational therapists’ practice.
Association of Pediatric Chartered Physiotherapists’ Journal 2016, 7(1), 72-77.
- Armitage S, McAnuff J, Featherstone J, Kolehmainen N. Implementing better healthcare: using audit and feedback to change therapists' practice.
Association of Paediatric Physiotherapists Journal 2016, 7(1), 72-77.
- Bendtsen P, Mussener U, Karlsson N, Lopez-Pelayo H, Palacio-Vieira J, Colom J, Gual A, Reynolds J, Wallace P, Segura L, Anderson P. Implementing referral to an electronic alcohol brief advice website in primary healthcare: results from the ODHIN implementation trial.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(6), e010271.
- McAnuff J, Brooks R, Duff C, Quinn M, Marshall J, Kolehmainen N. Improving participation outcomes and interventions in neurodisability: co-designing future research.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2016.
- Anderson P, Bendtsen P, Spak F, Renolds J, Drumond C, Segura L, Keurhorst M, Palacio-Vieira J, Wojnar M, Parkinson K, Colom J, Kloda A, DeLuca P, Baena B, Newbury-Birch D, Wallace P, Heinen M, Wolstenholme A, vanSteenkiste B, Mierzecki A, Okulicz-Kozaryn K, Ronda G, Kaner E, Laurant M, Coulton S, Gual T. Improving the delivery of brief interventions for heavy drinking in primary health care: outcome results of the optimizing delivery of health care intervention (ODHIN) five-country cluster randomized factorial trial.
Addiction 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Fairley L, Picton SV, McNally RJ, Bailey S, McCabe MG, Feltbower RG. Incidence and survival of children and young people with central nervous system embryonal tumours in the North of England, 1990-2013.
European Journal of Cancer 2016, 61, 36-43.
- Duncan R, Kingston A, Stephan B, Birrell F, Kirkwood T, Jagger C. Influence of Joint Pain on the Incidence and Progression of Disability in the Very Old: The Newcastle 85+ Study.
In: Rheumatology 2016. 2016, Glasgow: Oxford University Press.
- Balfe M, O'Brien K, Timmons A, O'Sullivan E, Butow P, Gooberman-Hill R, Sharp L. Informal caregiving in head and neck cancer: caregiving activities and psychological well-being.
European Journal of Cancer Care 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Armitage S, Swallow V, Kolehmainen N. Ingredients and change processes in occupational therapy for children: a grounded theory study.
Scandinavia Journal of Occupational Therapy 2016, (Early online).
- Mendonça NMP, Mathers JC, Adamson AJ, Martin-Ruiz C, Seal CJ, Jagger C, Hill TR. Intakes of Folate and Vitamin B12 and Biomarkers of Status in the Very Old: The Newcastle 85+ Study.
Nutrients 2016, 8(10), 604.
- O'Brien N, Heaven B, Teal G, Evans EH, Cleland C, Moffatt S, Sniehotta FF, White M, Mathers JC, Moynihan P. Integrating Evidence From Systematic Reviews, Qualitative Research, and Expert Knowledge Using Co-Design Techniques to Develop a Web-Based Intervention for People in the Retirement Transition.
Journal of Medical Internet Research 2016, 18(8), e210.
- Scott J, Aspinal F, Birks Y, Waring J. Integration of health and social care in England requires a new concept of safety.
In: International Society for Quality in Healthcare International Conference. 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
- Newham JJ, Allan C, Leahy-Warren P, Carrick-Sen D, Alderdice F. Intentions Toward Physical Activity and Resting Behavior in Pregnant Women: Using the Theory of Planned Behavior Framework in a Cross‐Sectional Study.
Birth 2016, 43(1), 49-57.
- Tangjitgamol S, Manusirivithaya S, Laopaiboon M, Lumbiganon P, Bryant A. Interval debulking surgery for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer.
The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, (1).
- Kuschmann A, Miller N, Lowit A, Pennington L. Intonation patterns in older children with cerebral palsy before and after speech intervention.
International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Parkinson M, Carr SM, Rushmer R, Abley C. Investigating what works to support family carers of people with dementia: a rapid realist review.
Journal of Public Health 2016.
- Leyland AF, Scott J, Dawson P. Involuntary relocation and safe transfer of care home residents: a model of risks and opportunities in residents’ experiences.
Ageing & Society 2016, 36(2), 376-399.
- Powell J, O'Hara J, Carrie S, Wilson JA. Is adult tonsillectomy an effective procedure?.
BMJ 2016. Submitted.
- Best KE, Rankin J. Is maternal age a risk factor for congenital heart defects?.
Birth Defect Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2016, 106(6), 461-467.
- Bamford C, Olsen K, Davison C, Barnett N, Lloyd J, Williams D, Firbank M, Mason H, Donaldson C, O'Brien J. Is there a preference for PET or SPECT brain imaging in diagnosing dementia? The views of people with dementia, carers, and healthy controls.
International Psychogeriatrics 2016, 28(1), 123-131.
- Mei C, Reilly S, Reddihough D, Mensah F, Pennington L, Morgan A. Language Outcomes of Children with Cerebral Palsy aged 5 years and 6 years: A Population-Based Study.
Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 2016, 58(6), 605-611.
- Hilton P, Bryant A, Howel D, McColl E, Shen J, Homer T, Vale L, Buckley BS, Lucas MG, Tincello DG, Armstrong N. Letter to the editor re: Assessing professional equipoise and views about a future clinical trial of invasive urodynamics prior to surgery for stress urinary incontinence in women: A survey within a mixed methods feasibility study. Neurourol Urodyn. 2012;31(8):1223-30.
Neurourology and Urodynamics 2016, 35(6), 750-751.
- Armstrong MJ, Gaunt P, Aithal GP, Barton D, Hull D, Parker R, Hazlehurst JM, Guo K, Abouda G, Aldersley MA, Stocken D, Gough SC, Tomlinson JW, Brown RM, Hubscher SG, Newsome PN, LEAN Trial Team. Liraglutide safety and efficacy in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (LEAN): a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 study.
The Lancet 2016, 387(10019), 679-690.
- Streatfield Y, Haggas S, Wilson K, McAnuff J. Listening for participation.
Occupational Therapy News 2016, 24(1), 42.
- Campbell S, Manthorpe G, Samsi K, Abley C, Robinson L, Watts S, Bond J, Keady J. Living with Uncertainty: Mapping the transition from pre-diagnosis to a diagnosis of dementia.
Journal of Aging Studies 2016, 37, 40-47.
- Campbell S, Manthorpe J, Samsi K, Abley C, Robinson L, Watts S, Bond J, Keady J. Living with uncertainty: Mapping the transition from pre-diagnosis to a diagnosis of dementia.
Journal of Aging Studies 2016, 37, 40-47.
- Valtorta NK, Kanaan M, Gilbody S, Ronzi S, Hanratty B. Loneliness and social isolation as risk factors for coronary heart disease and stroke: systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal observational studies.
Heart 2016, 102(13), 1009-1016.
- Valtorta NK, Kanaan M, Gilbody S, Hanratty B. Loneliness, social isolation and social relationships: what are we measuring? A novel framework for classifying and comparing tools.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(4), e010799.
- Abd Hamid IJ, Slatter M, Pearce MS, Gennery AR. Long-term immune reconstruction post-hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in IL2RG/JAK3 SCID, Newcastle experience.
In: CIS Annual Meeting: Immune Deficiency & Dysregulation North American Conference. 2016, Boston, Massachusetts: Springer.
- Best K, Rankin J. Long-term survival for individuals born with congenital heart disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Journal of the American Heart Association 2016, 5(6), e002846.
- Wham C, Teh R, Moyes SA, Rolleston A, Maru-Lanning M, Hayman K, Adamson AJ, Kerse N. Macronutrient intake in advanced age: Te Puawaitanga o Nga Tapuwae Kia Ora Tonu, Life and Living in Advanced Age: A Cohort Study in New Zealand (LiLACS NZ).
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 116(6), 1103-1115.
- Forsyth R, Hayes L, Pearce M, Wales L, Dunford C. Marked variability in inpatient paediatric rehabilitation pathways in the UK: Does this matter?.
In: International Brain Injury Association’s Eleventh World Congress on Brain Injury. 2016, The Hague, The Netherlands: Taylor & Francis.
- McKay JA, Mathers JC. Maternal folate deficiency and metabolic dysfunction in offspring.
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2016, 7(1), 90-95.
- Rankin J, Glinianaia SV, Jardine J, McConachie H, Borrill H, Embleton ND. Measuring self-reported quality of life in 8- to 11- year old children born with gastroschisis: is the KIDSCREEN questionnaire acceptable?.
Birth Defect Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2016, 106(4), 250-256.
- Pratschke J, Haase T, Comber H, Sharp L, Cancela MD, Johnson H. Mechanisms and mediation in survival analysis: towards an integrated analytical framework.
BMC Medical Research Methodology 2016, 16, 27.
- Lawrie TA, Nordin A, Chakrabarti M, Bryant A, Kaushik S, Pepas L. Medical and surgical interventions for the treatment of usual type vulva! intraepithelial neoplasia.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016.
- Tullo ES, Young TJ, Lee RP. Medical students’ views about person-centred communication in dementia care.
Dementia 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Schmidt C, Schulte B, Seo H, Kuhn S, O'Donnell A, Kriston L, Verthein U, Reimer J. Meta-analysis on the effectiveness of alcohol screening with brief interventions for patients in emergency care settings.
Addiction 2016, 111(5), 783-794.
- Taga M, Minett T, Classey J, Matthews FE, Brayne C, Ince PG, Nicoll JA, Hugon J, Boche D, MRC CFAS. Metaflammasome components in the human brain: a role in dementia with alzheimer's pathology?.
Brain Pathology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Minnett T, Classey J, Matthews FE, Fahrenhold M, Taga M, Brayne C, Ince P, Nicoll J, Boche D. Microglial immunophenotype in dementia with Alzheimer's pathology.
Journal of Neuroinflammation 2016, 13, 1-10.
- Mendonça N, Hill TR, Granic A, Davies K, Collerton J, Mathers JD, Siervo M, Wrieden WL, Seal CJ, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C, Adamson AJ. Micronutrient intake and food sources in the very old: Analysis of the Newcastle 85+ Study.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016, 116(4), 751-761.
- Wham C, Teh R, Moyes SA, Rolleston A, Maru-Lanning M, Hayman K, Adamson AJ, Kerse N. Micronutrient intake in advanced age: Te Puawaitanga o Nga Tapuwae Kia Ora Tonu, Life and Living in Advanced Age: A Cohort Study in New Zealand, LiLACS NZ.
British Journal of Nutrition 2016. In Press.
- Thatcher J, Halvorsrud K. Migrating Habitus: A Comparative Case Study of Polish and South African Migrants in the UK.
In: Thatcher, J; Ingram, N; Burke, C; Abrahams, J, ed. Bourdieu: The Next Generation: The Development of Bourdieu's Intellectual Heritage in Contemporary UK Sociology. Oxon: Routledge, 2016.
- Drummond F, O'Leary E, Gavin A, Kinnear H, Sharp L. Mode of prostate cancer detection is associated with the psychological wellbeing of survivors: results from the PiCTure study.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, 24(5), 2297-2307.
- McDonald C, Pearce MS, Newton JL, Kerr SR. Modified criteria for carotid sinus hypersensitivity are associated with increased mortality in a population-based study.
Europace 2016, 18(7), 1101-1107.
- Namadian M, Presseau J, Watson MC, Bond CM, Sniehotta FF. Motivational, Volitional and Multiple Goal Predictors of Walking in People with Type 2 Diabetes.
Psychology of Sport & Exercise 2016, 26, 83-93.
- Hamilton DW, Heaven B, Thomson RG, Wilson JA, Exley C. Multidisciplinary team decision making in cancer and the absent patient: a qualitative study.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(7), e012559.
- McDonald S, Araujo-Soares V, Sniehotta FF. N-of-1 Randomised Controlled Trials in health psychology and behavioural medicine: A commentary on Nyman et al., 2016.
Psychology & Health 2016, 31(3), 331-333.
- Payne B, Chadwick T, Blamire A, Qian J, Hynes AM, Wilkinson J, Price DA, Anderson K. Neurocognitive and neurometabolic effects of switch from efavirenz to ritonavir-boosted lopinavir.
In: 22nd Annual Conference of the British HIV Association (BHIVA). 2016, Manchester: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Simpson JE, Ince PG, Minett T, Matthews FE, Heath PR, Shaw PJ, Goodall E, Garwood CJ, Ratcliffe LE, Brayne C, Rattray M, Wharton SB. Neuronal DNA damage response-associated dysregulation of signalling pathways and cholesterol metabolism at the earliest stages of Alzheimer-type pathology.
Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology 2016, 42(2), 167-179.
- Procter S, Harrison D, Pearson P, Dickinson C, Lombardo C. New Ways of Working in UK mental health services: developing distributed responsibility in community mental health teams?.
Journal of Mental Health 2016, 25(2), 126-130.
- Hokkanen S, Kero M, Hunter S, Lilius L, Paetau A, Matthews F, Polvikoski T, Myllykangas L, Graff C, Brayne C. Old-age hippocampal sclerosis associates with GRN and TMEM106B but not with ABCC9 variation in population-based cohorts.
In: 117th meeting of the British Neuropathological Society. 2016, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- O'Hara J, Goff D, Cocks H, Moor J, Hartley C, Muirhead C, Patterson JM. One-year swallowing outcomes following Transoral Laser Microsurgery +/- Adjuvant Therapy versus Primary Chemoradiotherapy for Advanced Stage Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, 41(2), 169-175.
- Ali H, Corcoran P, Sinnott SJ, Deady S, Sharp L, Kabir Z. Oral cancer incidence and survival rate in the Republic of Ireland, 1995-2009.
BMC Cancer 2016. Submitted.
- McKay JA, Xie L, Adriaens M, Evelo CT, Ford D, Mathers JC. Organ-specific gene expression changes in the fetal liver and placenta in response to maternal folate depletion.
Nutrients 2016. In Press.
- Addison M. Overcoming Arlie Hochschild’s concepts of the ‘real’ and ‘false’ self by drawing on Pierre Bourdieu’s concept of habitus.
Emotion, Place and Society 2016. Submitted.
- Minos D. Overweight and obesity in low- and middle income countries: A panel-data analysis.
Courant Research Center "Poverty, Equity, Growth" Discussion Paper No. 196 2016. In Preparation.
- Granic A, Davies K, Jagger C, Kirkwood T, Syddal HE, Sayer AA. P31 Grip strength decline and its determinants in the very old: longitudinal findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
In: Society for Social Medicine, 60th Annual Scientific Meeting. 2016, York: BMJ Group.
- Smith N, Rapley T, Jandial S, English C, Davies B, Wyllie R, Foster HE. Paediatric Musculoskeletal Matters (pmm) – Collaborative Development of an Online Evidence Based Interactive Learning Tool and Information Resource for Education in Paediatric Musculoskeletal Medicine.
Pediatric Rheumatology 2016, 14(1), 1-7.
- Almoosawi S, Jones A, Parkinson K, Pearce M, Collins H, Adamson A. Parental perception of weight status: Influence on children's diet in the Gateshead Millennium Study.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(2), e0144931.
- Sharma A, Marshall A, Flynn D, Balaam M. Participatory design methods to co-design and co-produce digital health technology with adolescents.
In: BIPOLAR DISORDERS. 2016, 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY-BLACKWELL.
- Hrisos S, Scott J, Green D, Thomson R. Partnering to co-design an approach to enabling black and minority ethnic inclusion in research.
In: 14th International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. 2016, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Harbron RW, Dreuil S, Bernier M-O, Pearce MS, Thierry-Chef I, Chapple C-L, Baysson H. Patient radiation doses in paediatric interventional cardiology procedures: a review.
Journal of Radiological Protection 2016. In Press.
- Bardgett M, Lally J, Malviya A, Kleim B, Deehan D. Patient-reported factors influencing return to work after joint replacement.
Occupational Medicine 2016, 66(3), 215-221.
- Scott J, Heavey E, deBrun A, Dawson P, Waring J. Patients reporting safety experiences when crossing organisational boundaries: results from a multi-centre feasibility study.
In: Health Service Research UK. 2016, Nottingham, UK.
- Kashbour WA, Rousseau N, Thomason JM, Ellis JS. Patients’ perceptions of implant placement surgery, the post-surgical healing and the transitional implant prostheses: a qualitative study.
Clinical Oral Implants Research 2016, epub ahead of print.
- van der Linde RM, Matthews FE, Dening R, Brayne C. Patterns and persistence of behavioural and psychological symptoms in those with cognitive impairment: the importance of apathy.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- McSweeney LA, Rapley T, Summerbell CD, Haighton CA, Adamson AJ. Perceptions of nursery staff and parent views of healthy eating promotion in preschool settings: an exploratory qualitative study.
BMC Public Health 2016, 16, 841.
- Young TJ, Tullo ES, Lee RL. Person-Centeredness, Culture and Communication in Dementia Care: An International Investigation of the Views of Medical Students.
In: Agwuele, A. and Lotto, A, ed. Essays in Speech Processes : Language Production and Perception. Sheffield, UK: Equinox Publishing, 2016, pp.244-268.
- Kara N, Yao AC, Deary IJ, Deary V, OHara J, Newton J, Wilson JA. Personality, autonomic function and symptom burden in chronic rhinosinusitis.
Rhinology 2016. Submitted.
- Celis-Morales C, Marsaux CFM, Livingstone KM, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, O'donovan CB, Forster H, Woolhead C, Fallaize R, Macready AL, Kolossa S, Hallmann J, Tsirigoti L, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Grimaldi K, Bouwman J, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Drevon CA, Parnell LD, Daniel H, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Walsh MC, Gibney M, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WHM, Mathers JC, Food4Me Study. Physical activity attenuates the effect of the FTO genotype on obesity traits in European adults: The Food4Me study.
Obesity 2016, 24(4), 962-969.
- Hayes L, Bell R, Robson SC, Poston L. Physical activity in the UK Pregnancy Better Eating and Physical Activity Trial (UPBEAT).
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference 2016. 2016, Glasgow, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Lara J, O'Brien N, Godfrey A, Heaven B, Evans EH, Lloyd S, Moffatt S, Moynihan PJ, Meyer TD, Rochester L, Sniehotta FF, White M, Mathers JC. Pilot randomised controlled trial of a web-based intervention to promote healthy eating, physical activity and meaningful social connections compared with usual care control in people of retirement age recruited from workplaces.
PLOS One 2016, 11(7), e0159703.
- Barnes P, Vieira R, Chauhan M. Pilot study comparing self-collected vaginal swab with clinician taken vaginal swab for the detection of candida and bacterial vaginosis.
In: British Association for Sexual Health and HIV Annual Conference. 2016, Oxford, UK: BMJ Publishing Group Ltd.
- McKinnon I, Thomas S, Noga H, Senior J. Police Custody Healthcare: a review of health morbidity, models of care and innovations within police custody in the UK, with international comparisons.
Risk Management and Healthcare Policy 2016, 9, 213-226.
- Abd Hamid IJ, Slatter M, McKendrick F, Pearce MS, Gennery A. Post-transplant health-related quality of life for different severe combined immunodeficiency genotypes.
In: 42nd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2016, Valencia, Spain: Nature Publishing Group.
- Juliana I, Hamid A, Slatter M, McKendrick F, Pearce MS, Gennery A. Post-Transplant Health-Related Quality of Life for Different Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Genotypes.
In: American Society of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology (ASPHO). 2016, Minneapolis, MN, USA: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Barry HE, Cooper JA, Ryan C, Passmore AP, Robinson AL, Molloy GJ, Darcy CM, Buchanan H, Hughes CM. Potentially Inappropriate Prescribing Among People with Dementia in Primary Care: A Retrospective Cross-Sectional Study Using the Enhanced Prescribing Database.
Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 2016, 52(4), 1503-1513.
- Montgomery J, Hendry J, Wilson JA, Deary IJ, MacKenzie K. Pragmatic detection of anxiety and depression in prospective cohort of voice outpatient clinic attenders.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, 41(1), 2-7.
- Sharp L, Timmons A. Pre-diagnosis employment status and financial circumstances predict cancer-related financial stress and strain among breast and prostate cancer survivors.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2016, 24(2), 699-709.
- Vieira R, Rankin J. Predictors of survival in children born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a registry-based study.
In: 13th EUROCAT Scientific Symposium: Advancing congenital anomaly research through collaboration. 2016, Milan, Italy: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Darke J, Glinianaia SV, Marsden P, Bell R. Pregestational diabetes is associated with adverse outcomes in twin pregnancies: a regional register-based study.
Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scaninavica 2016, 95(3), 339-346.
- Bergh I, Kvalem IL, Risstad H, Sniehotta FF. Preoperative predictors of adherence to dietary and physical activity recommendations and weight loss one year after surgery.
Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases 2016, 12(4), 910-918.
- Dodds RM, Granic A, Davies K, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C, Sayer AA. Prevalence and incidence of sarcopenia in the very old: findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study.
Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle 2016. In Press.
- Parkinson K, Newbury-Birch D, Phillipson A, Hindmarch P, Kaner E, Stamp E, Vale L, Wright J, Connolly J. Prevalence of alcohol related attendance at an inner city emergency department and its impact: a dual prospective and retrospective cohort study.
Emergency Medicine Journal 2016, 33(3), 187-193.
- Morris JK, Rankin J, Garne E, Loane M, Greenlees R, Addor MC, Arriola L, Barisic I, Bergman JEH, CsakySzunyogh M, Dias C, Draper ES, Gatt M, Khoshnood B, Klungsoyr K, Kurinczuk JJ, Lynch C, McDonnell R, Nelen V, Neville AJ, OMahony MT, Pierini A, Randrianaivo H, Rissmann A, Tucker D, VerellenDumoulin C, deWalle HEK, Wellesley D, Wiesel A, Dolk H. Prevalence of microcephaly in Europe; population based study.
BMJ 2016, 354, i4721.
- Howlett H, Mackenzie S, Gray WK, Rankin J, Strehle EM, Duffy R, Brown N. Prevalence survey of alcohol consumption at antenatal booking in pregnancy: comparing blood biomarker analysis to self-report.
In: European Conference on FASD (EUFASD 2016). 2016, Royal Holloway, University of London: European FASD Alliance.
- Morris JK, Rankin J, Draper E, Kurinczuk JJ, Springett A, Tucker D, Wellesley D, Wreyford B, Wald NJ. Prevention of neural tube defects in the UK: a missed opportunity.
Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition 2016, 101(7), 604-607.
- Cooper E, Spilsbury K, McCaughan D, Thompson C, Butterworth T, Hanratty B. Priorities for the professional development of registered nurses in nursing homes: a Delphi study.
Age and Ageing 2016, e-pub ahead of print.
- Livingstone KM, Celis-Morales C, Navas-Carretero S, San-Cristobal R, O'Donovan CB, Forster H, Woolhead C, Marsaux CFM, Macready AL, Fallaize R, Kolossa S, Tsirigoti L, Lambrinou CP, Moschonis G, Godlewska M, Surwillo A, Drevon CA, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Walsh MC, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WH, Daniel H, Gibney M, Mathers JC. Profile of European adults interested in internet-based personalised nutrition: the Food4Me study (vol 55, pg 759, 2016).
European Journal of Nutrition 2016, 55(4), 1811-1812.
- Journy NMY, McHugh K, Harbron RW, Pearce MS, Berrington-de-Gonzalez A. Projected cancer risks potentially related to past, current and future practices in paediatric CT in the UK, 1990-2020.
British Journal of Cancer 2016. In Press.
- Scharf T, McDonald B, Atkins AM. Promoting civic engagement in later life through the Touchstone Programme: a resource and research guide.
Galway: Irish Centre for Social Gerontology, NUI Galway, 2016.
- Dunne S, Mooney O, Coffey L, Sharp L, Desmond D, Timon C, O'Sullivan E, Gallagher P. Psychological variables associated with quality of life following primary treatment for head and neck cancer: a systematic review of the literature from 2004 to 2015.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Fielding S, Rothnie K, Gray NM, Little J, Cruickshank M, Neal K, Walker LG, Whynes D, Cotton SC, Sharp L, in association with the TOMBOLA Group. Psychosocial morbidity in women with abnormal cervical cytology managed by cytological surveillance or initial colposcopy: longitudinal analysis from the TOMBOLA randomised trial.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Sharma A, McGurk K, Ryan V, Hodgetts S, McGovern R, Vale L, Miklowitz D, Le Couteur A. Psychotherapeutic interventions for adolescents with bipolar disorder and their parents: data from the FAB study.
In: 18th Annual Conference of the International Society for Bipolar Disorders & 8th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Affective Disorders. 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Hamilton DW, Bins JE, McMeekin P, Pedersen A, Steen IN, DeSoyza A, Thomson RT, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Quality compared to quantity of life in laryngeal cancer: A time trade-off study.
Head and Neck 2016, 38(S1), E631-E637.
- Muirhead CR, Cheetham TD, McNally RJQ. Re: Ambient air pollution and early manifestation of type 1 diabetes.
Epidemiology 2016, 27(1), e1-e2.
- Goffe L, Wrieden W, Penn L, Hillier-Brown F, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Reducing the salt added to takeaway food: within-subjects comparison of salt delivered by five and 17 holed salt shakers in controlled conditions.
PLoS One 2016, 11(9), e0163093.
- Lee C, Pearce MS, Salotti JA, Harbron RW, Little MP, Mchugh K, Chapple CL, De Gonzalez AB. Reduction in radiation doses from paediatric CT scans in Great Britain.
British Journal of Radiology 2016, 89(1060), 20150305.
- Scott J, Hrisos S, Thomson R, Vaittinen A, Stobbart L. Reflections on collecting and analysing visual ethnography data to understand shared decision making.
In: 14th International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. 2016, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Apinonkul B, Soonthorndhada K, Vapattanawong P, Jagger C, Aekplakorn W. Regional and Gender Differences in Years with and without Mobility Limitation in the Older Population of Thailand.
PLoS ONE 2016, 11(5), e0153763.
- Nordahl-Hansen A, Fletcher-Watson S, McConachie H, Kaale A. Relations between specific and global outcome measures in a social-communication intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder.
Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2016, 29-30, 19-29.
- de Gonzalez AB, Salotti JA, McHugh K, Little MP, Harbron RW, Lee C, Ntowe E, Braganza MZ, Parker L, Rajaraman P, Stiller C, Stewart DR, Craft AW, Pearce MS. Relationship between paediatric CT scans and subsequent risk of leukaemia and brain tumours: assessment of the impact of underlying conditions.
British Journal of Cancer 2016, 114(4), 388-394.
- Patterson JM, Brady GC, Roe JWG. Research into the prevention and rehabilitation of dysphagia in head and neck cancer: a UK perspective.
Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery 2016, 24(3), 208-214.
- Fisher AJ, Yadegarfar ME, Collerton J, Small T, Kirkwood TBL, Davies K, Jagger C, Corris PA. Respiratory health and disease in a UK population-based cohort of 85 year olds: The Newcastle 85+ Study.
Thorax 2016, 71(3), 255-266.
- Khawaja AP, Chan MP, Yip JL, Broadway DC, Garway-Heath DF, Luben R, Hayat S, Matthews FE, Brayne C, Khaw KT, Foster PJ. Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Measures and Cognitive Function in the EPIC-Norfolk Cohort Study.
Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2016, 57(4), 1921-1926.
- Bardgett M, Lally J, Malviya AJ, Deehan D. Return to work after knee replacement: A qualitative study of patient experiences.
BMJ Open 2016, 6(2), e007912.
- Lambert MF, Sowden S. Revisiting the risks associated with health and healthcare reform in England: perspective of Faculty of Public Health members.
Journal of Public Health 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Evans E, Parkinson K, LeCouteur AS, Basterfield L, Adamson A, Reilly JJ, Reilly J. Risk factors for eating disorder symptoms at 12 years of age: A 6-year longitudinal cohort study.
Appetite 2016, 108, 12-20.
- Walsh K, O'Shea E, Scharf T. Rural ageing in farm communities in Ireland: Changing agricultural resources – changing lives.
In: Skinner, M; Hanlon, N, ed. Ageing Resource Communities: New frontiers of rural population change, community development and voluntarism. Abingdon; New York: Routledge, 2016, pp.59-73.
- White SR, Muniz-Terrera G, Matthews FE. Sample size and classification error for Bayesian change-point models with unlabelled sub-groups and incomplete follow-up.
Statistical Methods in Medical Research 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Durham J, Al-Baghdadi M, Baad-Hansen L, Breckons M, Goulet JP, Lobbezoo F, List T, Michelotti A, Nixdorf DR, Peck CC, Raphael K, Schiffman E, Steele JG, Story W, Ohrbach R. Self-management programmes in TMD: results from an international Delphi process.
Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Hill TR, Granic A, Davies K, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, Siervo M, Mathers JC, Adamson AJ, Francis RM, Pearce SH, Razvi S, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration and its determinants in the very old: The Newcastle 85+ study.
Osteoporosis International 2016, 27(3), 1199-1208.
- Erskine S, Hopkins C, Clark A, Anari S, Kumar N, Robertson A, Sunkaraneni S, Wilson JA, Carrie S, Kara N, Ray J, Smith R, Philpott CM. SNOT-22 in a Control Population.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Fernandes-Machado S, Gellert P, Goncalves S, Sniehotta FF, Araujo-Soares V. Social cognitions about food choice in children aged five to eight years: feasibility and predictive validity of an age appropriate measurement.
Appetite 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Walsh K, Scharf T, Keating N. Social exclusion of older persons: a scoping review and conceptual framework.
European Journal of Ageing 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Addison M. Social games and Identity Distinction at work: Playing with class, gender and emotion (contracted).
Houndsmill, Basingstoke and Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- Forrest LF, Sowden S, Rubin G, White M, Adams J. Socio-economic inequalities in stage at diagnosis, and in time intervals on the lung cancer pathway from first symptom to treatment: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Thomas AA, Pearce A, Sharp L, Gardiner RA, Chambers S, Aitken J, Molcho M, Baade P. Socioeconomic disadvantage but not remoteness affects short-term survival in prostate cancer: A population-based study using competing risks.
Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Pennington L, Parker N, Kelly H, Miller N. Speech therapy for children with dysarthria acquired before three years of age.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, (7), CD006937.
- Pennington L, Miller N, Kelly H, Parker N. Speech therapy for children with dysarthria acquired before three years of age. Update.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, CD006937.
- McSweeney LA, Rousseau NS, Wilson JA, Wilkes S, Haighton CA. Stakeholders’ views of recurrent sore throat, tonsillitis and their management: a qualitative interview study for the NAtional Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adults (NATTINA Part 1).
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Yu K, Liu X, Alhamzawi R, Becker F, Lord J. Statistical methods for body mass index: a selective review.
Statistical Methods in Medical Research 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Abidi L, Oenema A, Nilsen P, Anderson P, van de Mheen D. Strategies to Overcome Barriers to Implementation of Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in General Practice: a Delphi Study Among Healthcare Professionals and Addiction Prevention Experts.
Prevention Science 2016, 17(6), 689-699.
- Killen A, Flynn D, De Brún A, O'Brien N, O'Brien J, Thomas AJ, McKeith I, Taylor JP. Support and information needs following a diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies.
International Psychogeriatrics 2016, 28(3), 495-501.
- Newham JJ, Roberts H, Aquino MRJ, Olander EK. Supporting early family life: the importance of public health programmes.
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology 2016, 34(3), 221-223.
- Harbron RW, Chapple CL, O'Sullivan JJ, Best KE, Berrington-de-González A, Pearce MS. Survival adjusted cancer risks attributable to radiation exposure from cardiac catheterizations in children.
Heart 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Pedersen A, Wilson JA, McColl E, Carding PN, Patterson J. Swallowing outcome measures in head and neck cancer – how do they compare?.
Oral Oncology 2016, 52, 104-108.
- Avery L, Charman SJ, Taylor L, Flynn D, Mosely K, Speight J, Lievesley M, Taylor R, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Systematic development of a theory-informed multifaceted behavioural intervention to increase physical activity of adults with Type 2 diabetes in routine primary care: Movement as Medicine for Type 2 Diabetes.
Implementation Science 2016, 11, 99.
- Sherrington A, Newham JJ, Bell R, Adamson A, McColl E, Araujo-Soares V. Systematic Review and meta-analysis of internet-delivered interventions providing personalised feedback for weight loss in overweight and obese adults.
Obesity Reviews 2016, 17(6), 541-551.
- Lee RP, Thompson B, Whybrow P, Rapley T. Talking About Looking: Three Approaches to Interviewing Carers of People With Rheumatoid Arthritis About Information Seeking.
Qualitative Health Research 2016, 26(9), 1229-1239.
- Hallsworth K, Avery L, Trenell MI. Targeting lifestyle behaviour change in adults with NAFLD during a 20 minute consultation: Summary of the dietary and exercise literature.
Current Gastroenterology Reports 2016, 18(3), 1-7.
- Boothroyd LG, Jucker JL, Thornborrow T, Jamieson MA, Burt DM, Barton R, Evans EH, Tovée MJ. Television exposure predicts body size ideals in rural Nicaragua.
British Journal of Psychology 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Heslehurst N, Vieira R, Hayes L, Crowe L, Jones D, Robalino S, Slack E, Rankin J. The association between maternal body mass index (BMI), prolonged pregnancy (PP; ≥41 weeks gestation) and post-term birth (PTB; ≥42 weeks gestation): a systematic review with meta-analysis.
In: British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society. 2016, University of Birmingham, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Pine C, Adair P, Robinson L, Burnside G, Moynihan P, Wade W, Kistler J, Curnow M, Henderson M. The BBaRTS Healthy Teeth Behaviour Change Programme for preventing dental caries in primary school children: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2016, 17, 103.
- Agius A, Borg-Xuereb R, Carrick-Sen D, Sultana R, Rankin J. The co-existence of depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress symptoms in the perinatal period: A Systematic Review.
Midwifery 2016, 36, 70-79.
- Leslie WS, Ford I, Sattar N, Hollingsworth KG, Adamson A, Sniehotta FF, McCombie L, Brosnahan N, Ross H, Mathers JC, Peters C, Thom G, Barnes A, Kean S, McIlvenna Y, Rodrigues A, Rehackova L, Zhyzhneuskaya S, Taylor R, Lean MEJ. The Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT): protocol for a cluster randomised trial.
BMC Family Practice 2016, 17, 20.
- Awiti PO, Grotta A, van der Kop M, Dusabe J, Thorson A, Mwangi J, Belloco R, Lester R, Ternent L, Were E, Ekstrom AM. The effect of an interactive weekly mobile phone messaging on retention in prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV program: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (WELTEL PMTCT).
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2016, 16, 86.
- Douglas CM, Lang K, Whitmer WM, Wilson JA, Mackenzie K. The effect of Tonsillectomy on the Morbidity from recurrent Tonsillitis.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016. In Preparation.
- Azevedo LB, Ling J, Soos I, Robalino S, Ells L. The Effectiveness of Sedentary Behaviour Interventions for Reducing Body Mass Index in Children and Adolescents: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Obesity Reviews 2016, 17(7), 623–635.
- Hunter E, Rogathi J, Chigudu S, Jusabani A, Jackson M, Whittaker RG, Gray W, McNally RJ, Aris E, Mushi D, Walker R. The epilepsy treatment gap in rural Tanzania: a community-based study in adults.
Seizure: European Journal of Epilepsy 2016, 36, 49-56.
- Balfe M, Butow P, O'Sullivan E, Gooberman-Hill R, Timmons A, Sharp L. The financial impact of head and neck cancer caregiving: a qualitative study.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, e-pub ahead of print.
- Hillier-Brown F, Summerbell CD, Moore H, Routen A, Lake AA, Adams J, White M, Araujo-Soares V, Abraham C, Adamson AJ, Brown TJ. The impact of interventions to promote healthier ready-to-eat meals (to eat in, 1 to take away, or to be delivered) sold by specific food outlets open to the 2 general public: a systematic review.
Obesity Reviews 2016. In Press.
- Ravaghi V, Holmes RD, Steele JG, Tsakos G. The impact of oral conditions on children in England, Wales and Northern Ireland 2013.
British Dental Journal 2016, 221(4), 173-178.
- French J, Keown P, McKinnon I, Gibson G, Newton E, Cull S, Brown P, Parry J, Lyons D. The impact of street triage on section 136 detention in Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, England.
In: International Congress of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. 2016, London.
- Taylor JL, McKinnon I, Thorpe I, Gillmer BT. The impact of Transforming Care on the care and safety of patients with learning disabilities and forensic needs.
BJPsych Bulletin 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Dyson JK, Wilkinson N, Jopson L, Mells G, Bathgate A, Heneghan MA, Neuberger J, Hirschfield M, Ducker SJ, The UK-PBC Consortium, Sandford R, Alexander G, Stocken D, Jones DEJ. The inter-relationship of symptom severity and quality of life in 2055 patients with primary biliary cholangitis.
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2016, 44, 1039–1050.
- Brown MC, Pearce MS, Bailey S, Skinner R. The long-term psychosocial impact of cancer: the views of young adult survivors of childhood cancer.
European Journal of Cancer Care 2016, 25(3), 428-439.
- Gibson G, Newton L, Pritchard G, Finch T, Brittain K, Robinson L. The provision of assistive technology products and services for people with dementia in the United Kingdom.
Dementia 2016, 15(4), 681-701.
- Thomson R, Hrisos S, Scott J, Stobbart L. The role of person centred care for improving healthcare quality and safety.
In: International Society for Quality in Healthcare International Conference. 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
- Ball SL, Mann DA, Wilson JA, Fisher AJ. The Role of the Fibroblast in Inflammatory Upper Airway Conditions.
American Journal of Pathology 2016, 186(2), 225-233.
- Dawe N, Patterson J, Hamilton DW, Hartley C. The targeted use of endoscopic CO2 laser cricopharyngeal myotomy for improving swallowing function following head and neck cancer treatment.
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2016, 128, 1105-1110. In Preparation.
- Balfe M, O'Brien K, Timmons A, Butow P, Sullivan EO, Gooberman-Hill R, Sharp L. The unmet supportive care needs of long-term head and neck cancer caregivers in the extended survivorship period.
Journal of Clinical Nursing 2016, 25(11-12), 1576-1586.
- Patel NR, Pasupathy D, Flynn AC, Hayes L, Levin JG, Singh C, Briley AL, Seed PT, Poston L, UPBEAT Consortium. The UPBEAT Behavioural Intervention in Obese Pregnant Women - Maternal and Infant Follow-Up 6 Months Postpartum.
In: 63rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Reproductive Investigation. 2016, Montreal, Canada: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Kaltenthaler E, Carroll C, Hill-McManus D, Scope A, Holmes M, Rice S, Rose M, Tappenden P, Woolacott N. The use of exploratory analyses within the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence single technology appraisal process: an evaluation and qualitative analysis.
Health Technology Assessment 2016, 20(26), 1-74.
- Kwasnicka D, Dombrowski SU, White M, Sniehotta F. Theoretical explanations for maintenance of behaviour change: a systematic review of behaviour theories.
Health Psychology Review 2016, ePub ahead of print.
- McSweeney LA, OHara J, Rousseau NS, Stocken D, Sullivan F, Vale L, Wilkes S, Wilson JA, Haighton CA. Thinking that somebody’s going to delay [a tonsillectomy] for one to two years is quite horrifying really”: A qualitative feasibility study for the National Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adult.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2016. Submitted.
- Keown P, French J, Gibson G, Newton E, Cull S, Brown P, Parry J, Lyons D, McKinnon I. Too much detention? Street Triage and detentions under Section 136 Mental Health Act in the North-East of England: a descriptive study of the effects of a Street Triage intervention.
BMJ Open 2016. In Press.
- Watson G, O'Hara J, Carding P, Lecouturier J, Stocken D, Fouweather T, Wilson JA. TOPPITS: Trial Of Proton Pump Inhibitors in Throat Symptoms. Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
BMC Trials 2016, 17, 175.
- McDevitt J, Cancela MD, Kelly M, Comber H, Sharp L. Tracheostomy and infection prolong length of stay in hospital after surgery for head and neck cancer: a population based study.
Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology 2016, 121(1), 22-28.e1.
- Fletcher S, Wright C, Jones A, Parkinson K, Adamson A. Tracking of toddler fruit and vegetable preferences to intake and adiposity later in childhood.
Maternal and Child Nutrition 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Mulder RL, van der Pal HJH, Levitt GA, Skinner R, Kremer LCM, Brown MC, Bardi E, Windsor R, Michel G, Frey E. Transition guidelines: An important step in the future care for childhood cancer survivors. A comprehensive definition as groundwork.
European Journal of Cancer 2016, 54, 64-68.
- de Basea MB, Salotti JA, Pearce MS, Muchart J, Riera L, Barber I, Pedraza S, Pardina M, Capdevila A, Espinosa A, Cardis E. Trends and patterns in the use of computed tomography in children and young adults in Catalonia - results from the EPI-CT study.
Pediatric Radiology 2016, 46(1), 119-129.
- O'Connor M, O'Leary E, Waller J, Gallagher P, D'arcy T, Flannelly G, Martin CM, McRae J, Prendiville W, Ruttle C, White C, Pilkington L, O'Leary JJ, Sharp L, Irish Cervical Screening Res Conso. Trends in, and predictors of, anxiety and specific worries following colposcopy: a 12-month longitudinal study.
Psycho-Oncology 2016, 25(5), 597-604.
- White C, Bakhiet S, Bates M, Keegan H, Pilkington L, Ruttle C, Sharp L, O'Toole S, Fitzpatrick M, Flannelly G, O'Leary JJ, Martin CM. Triage of LSIL/ASC-US with p16/Ki-67 dual staining and human papillomavirus testing: a 2-year prospective study.
Cytopathology 2016, 27(4), 269-276.
- King E, Wells M, Hulbert-Williams N, Patterson J, SiP Team Tayside. Understanding and addressing potential barriers and facilitators to adherence to a swallowing exercise intervention for patients with head and neck cancer: the SiP study.
In: British Psychosocial Oncology Society 2016 Annual Conference. 2016, Cambridge, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Maguire R, Hanly P, Hyland P, Sharp L. Understanding burden in caregivers of colorectal cancer survivors: what role do patient and caregiver factors play?.
European Journal of Cancer Care 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Carpenter J, Dickinson C. Understanding interprofessional education as an intergroup encounter: The use of contact theory in programme planning.
Journal of Interprofessional Care 2016, 30(1), 103-108.
- Stobbart L, Hrisos S, Scott J, Thomson R. Understanding the ‘black box’ of shared decision making: an ethnographic study.
In: 14th International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. 2016, Heidelberg, Germany. In Preparation.
- Minos D, Butzlaff I. Understanding the Drivers of Overweight and Obesity in Developing Countries: The Case of South Africa.
GlobalFood Discussion Paper 78 2016. In Preparation.
- Lewer D, Meier P, Beard E, Boniface S, Kaner E. Unravelling the alcohol harm paradox: a population-based study of social gradients across very heavy drinking thresholds.
BMC Public Health 2016, 16, 599.
- Salomone E, Beranova S, Bonnet-Brilhault F, Lauritsen MB, Budisteanu M, Buitelaar J, Canal-Bedia R, Felhosi G, Fletcher-Watson S, Freitag C, Fuentes J, Gallagher L, Primo PG, Gliga F, Gomot M, Green J, Heimann M, Jonsdottir SL, Kaale A, Kawa R, Kylliainen A, Lemcke S, Markovska-Simoska S, Marschik PB, McConachie H, Moilanen I, Muratori F, Narzisi A, Noterdaeme M, Oliveira G, Oosterling I, Pijl M, Pop-Jordanova N, Poustka L, Roeyers H, Roge B, Sinzig J, Vicente A, Warreyn P, Charman T. Use of early intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorder across Europe.
Autism 2016, 20(2), 233-249.
- Cavadino A, Prieto-Merino D, Addor M-C, Arriola L, Bianchi F, Draper E, Garne E, Greenlees R, Haeusler M, Khoshnood B, Kurinczuk J, McDonnell B, Nelen V, O'Mahony M, Randrianaivo H, Rankin J, Rissmann A, Tucker D, Verellen-Dumoulin C, deWalle H, Wellesley D, Morris JK. Use of hierarchical models to analyze European trends in congenital anomaly prevalence.
Birth Defect Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2016, 106(6), 480-488.
- Beard E, Dienes Z, Muirhead C, West R. Using Bayes Factors for testing hypotheses about intervention effectiveness in addictions research.
Addiction 2016, epub ahead of print.
- O'Brien N, Philpott-Morgan S, Dixon D. Using impairment and cognitions to predict walking in osteoarthritis: A series of n-of-1 studies with an individually tailored, data-driven intervention.
British Journal of Health Psychology 2016, 21(1), 52-70.
- McDonald S, Davidson K. Using N-of-1 methods to study or change health-related behaviour: A symposium summary.
European Health Psychologist 2016, 18(1), 38-42.
- Muslima H, Khan NZ, Shilpi AB, Begum D, Parveen M, McConachie H, Darmstadt GL. Validation of a rapid neurodevelopmental assessment tool for 10- to 16-year-old young adolescents in Bangladesh.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Hanly P, Koopmanschap M, Sharp L. Valuing productivity costs in a changing macroeconomic environment: the estimation of colorectal cancer productivity costs using the friction cost approach.
European Journal of Health Economics 2016, 17(5), 553-561.
- Steven S, Hollingsworth KG, Al-Mrabeh A, Avery L, Aribisala B, Caslake M, Taylor R. Very-Low-Calorie Diet and 6 Months of Weight Stability in Type 2 Diabetes: Pathophysiological Changes in Responders and Nonresponders.
Diabetes Care 2016, 39(5), 808-815.
- Hislop J, Mason H, Parr JR, Vale L, Colver A. Views of Young People With Chronic Conditions on Transition From Pediatric to Adult Health Services.
Journal of Adolescent Health 2016, 59(3), 345-353.
- Hodson K, McParlin C, Araujo-Soares V, Robson S, Taylor R. WEight Loss Looking for BAbe and mother's BEtter outcome (WELLBABE) study.
In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 18th Annual Conference. 2016, Birmingham: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Harbron RW. What do recent epidemiological studies tell us about the risk of cancer from radiation doses typical of diagnostic radiography?.
Radiography 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Hill TR, Mendonca N, Granic A, Siervo M, Jagger C, Seal CJ, Kerse N, Wham C, Adamson AJ, Mathers JC. What do we know about the nutritional status of the very old? Insights from three cohorts of advanced age from the UK and New Zealand.
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2016, 75(3), 420-430.
- Balfe M, O' Brien K, Timmons A, Butow P, O' Sullivan E, Gooberman-Hill R, Sharp L. What factors are associated with posttraumatic growth in head and neck cancer carers?.
European Journal of Oncology Nursing 2016, 21, 31-37.
- Hart RI, Ng WF, Newton JL, Hackett KL, Lee RP, Thompson B. What impact does written information about fatigue have on patients with auto-immune rheumatic diseases? Findings from a qualitative study.
Musculoskeletal Care 2016. In Press.
- Hill SR, Mason H, Poole M, Vale L, Robinson L. What is important at the end of life for people with dementia? The views of people with dementia and their carers.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Brittain K, Degnen C, Gibson G, Dickinson C, Robinson AL. When walking becomes wandering: representing the fear of the fourth age.
Sociology of Health and Illness 2016. In Press.
- Matthews FE, Bennett H, Wittenberg R, Jagger C, Dening T, Brayne C, Cognitive Function Ageing Studies (CFAS) collaboration. Who lives where and does it matter? Changes in the health profiles of older people living in long term care and the community over two decades in a high income country.
PLoS One 2016, 11(9), e0161705.
- Neo JE, Salleh S, Toh YX, How KYL, Tee M, Mann K, Hopkins S, Thielecke F, Seal CJ, Brownlee IA. Whole-grain food consumption in Singaporean Children aged 6-12 years.
Journal of Nutritional Science 2016, 5, e33.
- McParlin C, Araujo-Soares V, Hodson K, Taylor R, Robson S. Women's experience of participating in a reduced calorie diet following diagnosis of gestational diabetes.
In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 18th Annual Conference. 2016, Birmingham: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Norman C, Moffatt S, Rankin J. Young parents' views and experiences of interactions with health professionals.
Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care 2016, 42(3), 179-186.