Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1984 1982 0000
- Granic A, Aspray T, Hill T, Davies K, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, von Zglinicki T, Kirkwood TB, Mathers JC, Jagger C. 25-hydroxyvitamin D and increased all-cause mortality in very old women: the Newcastle 85+ study.
Journal of Internal Medicine 2015, 277(4), 456-467.
- Parkinson KN, Jones AR, Tovee MJ, Ells LJ, Pearce MS, Araujo-Soares V, Adamson A. A cluster randomised trial testing an intervention to improve parents' recognition of their child's weight status: study protocol.
BMC Public Health 2015, 15, 549.
- Jagger C, Matthews FE, Wohland P, Fouweather T, Stephan BCM, Robinson L, Arthur A, Brayne C. A comparison of health expectancies from the Cognitive Function and Ageing Studies over two decades in England.
Lancet 2015. In Press.
- Hackett KL, Lambson RL, Strassheim V, Gotts ZM, Deary V, Newton JL. A concept mapping study evaluating the UK's first NHS generic fatigue clinic.
Health Expectations: An International Journal of Public Participation in Health Care and Health Policy 2015, ([Epub ahead of print]).
- Hilton P, Armstrong N, Brennand C, Howel D, Shen J, Bryant A, Tincello DG, Lucas MG, Buckley BS, Chapple CR, Homer T, Vale L, McColl E. A mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a randomized controlled trial of invasive urodynamic testing versus clinical assessment and non-invasive tests prior to surgery for stress urinary incontinence in women: the INVESTIGATE-I study.
Trials 2015, 16, 400.
- Birch J, Scott S, Newbury-Birch D, Brennan A, Brown H, Coulton S, Gilvarry E, Hickman M, McColl E, McGovern R, Muirhead C, Kaner E. A pilot feasibility trial of alcohol screening and brief intervention in the police custody setting (ACCEPT): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Pilot and Feasibility Studies 2015, 1, 6.
- Moffatt S, Lawson S, Patterson R, Holding E, Dennison A, Sowden S, Brown J. A qualitative study of the impact of the UK 'bedroom tax'.
Journal of Public Health 2015, 37(1), 1-9.
- Corris PA, Ryan VA, Small T, Lordan J, Fisher AJ, Meachery G, Johnson G, Ward C. A randomised controlled trial of azithromycin therapy in Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome (BOS) post lung transplantation .
Thorax 2015, 70(5), 442-450.
- Salotti J, Bigley V, Wood K, Collin M, Windebank K. A Regional Study of Adults with Histiocytic Disorders in Northeast England.
In: 30th Annual Meeting of the Histiocyte Society. 2015, Toronto, Canada: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Hackett KL, Deane KHO, Strassheim V, Deary V, Rapley T, Newton JL, Ng W-F. A Systematic Review of Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Primary Sjögren's Syndrome.
Rheumatology 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- McParlin C, O'Donnell A, Robson S, Beyer F, Moloney E, Bryant A, Bradley J, Muirhead C, Nelson-Peircey C, Newbury-Birch D, Norman J, Simpson E, Swallow B, Yates L, Vale L. A systematic review of the clinical-effectiveness of interventions for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy.
In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 17th Annual Conference 2015. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Joyce KE, Beyer F, Thomson RG, Clarke MP. A systematic review of the effectiveness of treatments in altering the natural history of intermittent exotropia.
British Journal of Ophthalmology 2015, 99(4), 440-450.
- Fletcher-Watson S, Petrou AM, Dicks P, Graham C, OHare A, Pain H, McConachie H. A trial of an iPad intervention targeting social communication skills in children with autism.
Autism: International Journal of Research and Practice 2015. In Press.
- van Otterdijk SD, Norden J, Dickinson AM, Pearce MS, Relton CL, Mathers JC, Strathdee G. Aberrations in DNA methylation are detectable during remission of acute lymphoblastic leukemia and predict patient outcome.
Epigenomics 2015, 7(1), 35-45.
- Ramsay CR, Adewuyi TE, Gray J, Hislop J, Shirley MDF, Jayakody S, MacLennan G, Fraser C, MacLennan S, Brazzelli M, N'Dow J, Pickard R, Robertson C, Rothnie K, Rushton SP, Vale L, Lam TB. Ablative therapy for people with localised prostate cancer: a systematic review and economic evaluation.
2015. Health Technology Assessment (HTA) 19(49).
- Giles EL, Sniehotta FF, McColl E, Adams J. Acceptability of financial incentives and penalties for encouraging uptake of healthy behaviours: focus groups.
BMC Public Health 2015, 15, 58.
- Giles EL, Holmes M, McColl E, Sniehotta FF, Adams JM. Acceptability of financial incentives for breastfeeding: thematic analysis of readers' comments to UK online news reports.
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2015, 15, 116.
- Giles EL, Robalino S, Sniehotta FF, Adams J, McColl E. Acceptability of financial incentives for encouraging uptake of healthy behaviours: A critical analysis using systematic methods.
Preventive Medicine 2015, 73, 145-158.
- Mei C, Reilly S, Reddihough D, Mensah F, Green J, Pennington L, Morgan AT. Activities and participation of children with cerebral palsy: parent perspectives.
Disability and Rehabilitation 2015, (ePub ahead of print), 1-10.
- Kolehmainen N, Tissen-Budde A, McAnuff J. Activity and participation interventions for children with movement problems: a systematic review.
Pediatrics 2015. In Preparation.
- Mejia-Arangure JM, McNally RJ. Acute leukemia in children.
BioMed Research International 2015, 2015, 1-2.
- Mitnitski A, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, Jagger C, von Zglinicki T, Rockwood K, Kirkwood TBL. Age-related frailty and its association with biological markers of ageing.
BMC Medicine 2015, 13, 161.
- McCabe K, Ling J, Wilson G, Crosland A, Kaner E, Haighton C. Alcohol service provision for older people in an area in North East England which experiences high levels of alcohol use, an ageing population and health inequalities.
Perspectives in Public Health 2015.
- McDonald C, Pearce MS, Wincenciak J, Kerr SRJ, Newton JL. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Variability Increases Over a 10-Year Follow-Up in Community-Dwelling Older People.
American Journal of Hypertension 2015, (ePub ahead of print).
- Vines J, Pritchard G, Wright PC, Olivier P, Brittain K. An Age-Old Problem: Examining the Discourses of Ageing in HCI and Strategies for Future Research.
ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI) 2015, 22(1), 2.
- Heslehurst N, Dinsdale S, Sedgewick G, Simpson H, Sen S, Summerbell CD, Rankin J. An Evaluation of the Implementation of Maternal Obesity Pathways of Care: A Mixed Methods Study with Data Integration.
PLoS ONE 2015, 10(5), e0127122.
- Clarke M, Hogan V, Buck D, Shen J, Powell C, Speed C, Tiffin P, Sloper J, Taylor R, Nassar M, Joyce K, Beyer F, Thomson R, Vale L, McColl E, Steen N. An external pilot study to test the feasibility of a randomised controlled trial comparing eye muscle surgery against active monitoring for childhood intermittent exotropia [X(T)].
Health Technology Assessment 2015, 19(39).
- Adams J, Stamp E, Nettle D, Milne EMG, Jagger C. Anticipated Survival and Health Behaviours in Older English Adults: Cross Sectional and Longitudinal Analysis of the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing.
PLoS ONE 2015, 10(3), e0118782.
- Beenstock J, Sowden S, Hunter D, White M. Are health and wellbeing strategies in England fit for purpose? A thematic content analysis.
Journal of Public Health 2015, 37(3), 461-469.
- Best K, Rankin J. Are twins at increased risk of congenital heart disease?.
In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 17th Annual Conference 2015. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Berger N, Van Oyen H, Cambois E, Fouweather T, Jagger C, Nusselder W, Robine JM. Assessing the validity of the Global Activity Limitation Indicator in fourteen European countries.
BMC Medical Research Methodology 2015, 15, 1.
- Watson RM, Pennington L. Assessment and management of the communication difficulties of children with cerebral palsy: a UK survey of SLT practice.
International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders 2015, 50(2), 241-259.
- Slack E, Heslehurst N, Best K, Rankin J. Association between maternal extreme obesity and pre- and post-term birth: a national study.
In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 17th Annual Conference 2015. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Livingstone KM, Celis-Morales C, Lara J, Ashor AW, Lovegrove JA, Martinez JA, Saris WH, Gibney M, Manios Y, Traczyk I, Drevon CA, Daniel H, Gibney ER, Brennan L, Bouwman J, Grimaldi KA, Mathers JC, Behalf Food4Me. Associations between FTO genotype and total energy and macronutrient intake in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Obesity Reviews 2015, 16(8), 666-678.
- DeBilt A, System A, Zander E, Bolte S, Sturm H, Yirmiya N, Yaari M, Charman T, Salomoe E, LeCouteur A, Green J, Bedia RC, Primo PG, vanDaalen E, deJonge MV, Gudmundsdottir E, Johannsdottir S, Raleva M, Boskovska M, Roge B, Baduel S, Moilanen I, Yliherva A, Buitelaar J, Oosterling IJ. Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R) Algorithms for Toddlers and Young Preschoolers: Application in a Non0US Sample of 1,104 Children.
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2015.
- Wood V, Gesler W, Curtis S, Spencer I, Close H, Mason J, Reilly J. ‘Therapeutic Landscapes’ and the Importance of Nostalgia, Solastalgia, Salvage and Abandonment for Psychiatric Hospital Design.
Health & Place 2015, 33, 83-89.
- Avery L, Denton SJ, Lavender M, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Barriers and enabling factors to use of a physical activity behavioural intervention for adults with Type 2 diabetes delivered in primary care: Qualitative findings from the Movement as Medicine Open Pilot Study.
In: Diabetes UK Annual Professional Conference. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Morgan H, Hoddinott P, Thomson G, Crossland N, Farrar S, Yi D, Hislop J, Moran VH, MacLennan G, Dombrowski SU, Rothnie K, Stewart F, Bauld L, Ludbrook A, Dykes F, Sniehotta FF, Tappin D, Campbell M. Benefits of Incentives for Breastfeeding and Smoking cessation in pregnancy (BIBS): a mixed-methods study to inform trial design.
Health Technology Assessment 2015, 19(30).
- Ramakrishnan Y, Shields RC, Elbadawey MR, Wilson JA. Biofilms in chronic rhinosinusitis: what is new and where next?.
Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2015, 129(8), 744-751.
- Cosway B, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Biomarkers Predicting Chemotherapy Response in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A review.
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2015. In Press.
- Biosca O, Brown H. Boosting health insurance coverage in developing countries: do conditional cash transfer programmes matter in Mexico?.
Health Policy and Planning 2015, 30(2), 155-162.
- Scott S, Kaner E. Brief Alcohol Interventions.
In: Neuberger, J; and DiMartini, A, ed. Alcohol Abuse and Liver Disease. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2015. In Press.
- McConachie H, Fletcher-Watson S, COST Action 'Enhancing Sci Study. Building capacity for rigorous controlled trials in autism: the importance of measuring treatment adherence.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2015, 41(2), 169-177.
- Hunter N, Muirhead CR, Bochicchio F, Haylock RGE. Calculation of lifetime lung cancer risks associated with radon exposure, based on various models and exposure scenarios.
Journal of Radiological Protection 2015, 35(3), 539-539.
- Harkness EL, Paterson HM, Denson TF, Kemp RI, Mullan B, Sainsbury K. Can ego depletion change the way we remember an event?.
Psychology, Crime and Law 2015, 22, 172-183. In Preparation.
- Foster C, Breckons M, Cotterell P, Barbosa D, Calman L, Corner J, Fenlon D, Foster R, Grimmett C, Richardson A, Smith PW. Cancer survivors' self-efficacy to self-manage in the year following primary treatment.
Journal of Cancer Survivorship 2015, 9(1), 11-19.
- Hayes L, Mcparlin C, Kinnunen TI, Poston L, Robson SC, Bell R, UPBEAT Consortium. Change in level of physical activity during pregnancy in obese women: findings from the UPBEAT pilot trial.
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2015, 15, 52.
- McDonald S, O'Brien N, White M, Sniehotta FF. Changes in physical activity during the retirement transition: a theory-based, qualitative interview study.
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12, 25.
- Gao L, Green E, Barnes LE, Brayne C, Matthews FE, Robinson L, Arthur A, MRC CFAS. Changing non-participation in epidemiological studies of older people: evidence from the Cognitive Function and Ageing Study I and II.
Age and Ageing 2015, 44(5), 867-873.
- Merrick H, McConachie H, LeCouteur A, Mann K, Parr JR, Pearce MS, Colver A. Characteristics of young people with long term conditions close to transfer to adult health services.
BMC Health Services Research 2015, 15, 435.
- Salomone E, Charman T, McConachie H, Warreyn P. Child's verbal ability and gender are associated with age at diagnosis in a sample of young children with ASD in Europe.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- Wrieden WL, Armstrong J, Anderson AS, Sherriff A, Barton KL. Choosing the best method to estimate the energy density of a population using food purchase data.
Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics 2015, 28(2), 126-134.
- Virella D, Pennington L, Andersen G, Andrada M, Greitane A, Himmelmann K, Prasauskiene A, Rackauskaite G, Cruz J, Colver A. Classification systems of communication for use in epidemiological surveillance of children with cerebral palsy.
Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology 2015. In Press.
- De Brún A, Craggs C, Nesbitt D, Afolabi B, Thomson R, Flynn D. Co-production of a Theory-Based Film about Shared Decision Making in Primary Care for Depression.
In: International Shared Decision Making/ Evidence Based Health Care conference. 2015, Sydney, Australia.
- De Brún A, Nesbitt D, Craggs C, Keilty I, Afolabi B, Pointon S, Lee C, Williamson R, Flynn D. Co-production/design of an educational film about shared decision making in primary care for adults with depression.
The Patient - Patient-Centered Outcomes Research 2015. In Preparation.
- Kerse N, Teh R, Moyes SA, Broad J, Rolleston A, Gott M, Kepa M, Wham C, Hayman K, Jatrana S, Adamson A, Lumley T. Cohort Profile: Te Puawaitanga o Nga Tapuwae Kia Ora Tonu, Life and Living in Advanced Age: A Cohort Study in New Zealand (LiLACS NZ).
International Journal of Epidemiology 2015.
- Anderson P, Miller D. Commentary: Sweet policies.
BMJ 2015, 350, h780.
- Clarke N, Sharp L, Osborne A, Kearney P. Comparison of uptake of colorectal cancer screening based on faecial immunochemical testing (FIT) in males and females: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2015, 24(1), 39-47.
- Tang EYH, Harrison S, Errington L, Gordon MF, Visser PJ, Launer L, Novak G, Dufouil C, Siervo M, Robinson L, Stephan BCM. Current Developments in Dementia Risk Prediction Modelling: An Updated Systematic Review.
PLoS One 2015, 10(9), e0136181.
- Fordham SE, Cole M, Irving JA, Allan JM. Cytarabine preferentially induces mutation at specific sequences in the genome which are identifiable in relapsed acute myeloid leukaemia.
LEUKEMIA 2015, 29(2), 491-494.
- Durham J, Steele JG, Breckons M, Story W, Vale L. DEEP Study: does EQ-5D-5L measure the impacts of persistent oro-facial pain?.
Journal of oral rehabilitation 2015, 42(9), 643-650.
- Scott J. Delivering clinical case management for frequent callers to ambulance services.
Emergency Medicine Journal 2015, 32(5), 342.
- Wu Y-T, Fratiglioni L, Matthews FE, Lobo A, Breteler MMB, Skoog I, Brayne C. Dementia in western Europe: epidemiological evidence and implications for policy making.
Lancet Neurology 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Stephan BCM, Minett T, Terrera GM, Matthews FE, Brayne C. Dementia prediction for people with stroke in populations: is mild cognitive impairment a useful concept?.
Age and Ageing 2015, 44(1), 78-83.
- Tang EYH, Burn D, Taylor JP, Robinson L. Dementia with Lewy Bodies: The Emerging Role of Primary Care.
European Journal of General Practice 2015. In Press.
- Flynn D, Nesbitt D, Ford GA, McMeekin P, Rodgers H, Price C, Kray C, Thomson RG. Development of a computerised decision aid for thrombolysis in acute stroke care.
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2015, 15, 6.
- McMeekin P, Flynn D, Ford GA, Rodgers H, Thomson RG. Development of a Decision Analytic Model (DAM) to Support Decision-Making and Risk Communication for Thrombolytic Treatment in Acute Stroke Care.
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2015. Submitted.
- De Brún A, Flynn D, Ternent L, Lancsar E, Price CI, Rudd M, Rodgers H, Ford GA, Simpson S, Teah J, Thomson RG. Development of a discrete choice experiment to explore factors influencing decision-making about treatment of acute ischaemic stroke.
In: International Shared Decision Making/ Evidence Based Health Care conference. 2015, Sydney, Australia.
- Hayes L, Richards J, Crowe L, Campbell C, Embleton ND, Rankin J. Development of guidelines for health professionals supporting parents who have lost a baby from a multiple pregnancy.
Infant 2015, 11(5), 164-166.
- Hayes L, Richards J, Crowe L, Campbell C, Embleton ND, Rankin J. Development of guidelines for health professionals supporting parents who have lost a baby from a multiple pregnancy.
Infant 2015, 11(5), 164-166. In Preparation.
- Farre A, Wood V, Rapley T, Parr J, Reape D, McDonagh JE. Developmentally Appropriate Healthcare for Young People: A Scoping Study.
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2015, 100(2), 144-151.
- Pinto PR, McIntyre T, Araujo-Soares V, Costa P, Almeida A. Differential Predictors of Acute Post-Surgical Pain Intensity After Abdominal Hysterectomy and Major Joint Arthroplasty.
Annals of Behavioral Medicine 2015, 49(3), 384-397.
- Hanly P, O'Ceilleachair A, Skally M, O'Neill C, Sharp L. Direct cost of radiotherapy for rectal cancer: a microcosting study.
BMC Health Services Research 2015, 15(1), 184.
- Thomas AA, Gallagher P, O'Ceilleachair A, Pearce A, Sharp L, Molcho M. Distance from treating hospital and colorectal cancer survivors' quality of life: A gendered analysis.
Support Care Cancer 2015, 23(3), 741-751.
- Lendrem D, Mitchell S, McMeekin P, Gompels L, Hackett K, Bowman S, Price E, Pease CT, Emery P, Andrews J, Lanyon P, Hunter J, Gupta M, Bombardieri M, Sutcliffe N, Pitzalis C, McLaren J, Cooper A, Regan M, Giles I, Isenberg D, Vadivelu S, Coady D, Dasgupta B, McHugh N, Young-Min S, Moots R, Gendi N, Akil M, Griffiths B, Ng W-F. Do the EULAR Sjögren’s syndrome outcome measures correlate with health status in primary Sjögren’s syndrome?.
Rheumatology 2015, 54(4), 655-659.
- Muirhead CR, James OFW, Ducker SJ, McNally RJQ. Does primary biliary cirrhosis cluster in time?.
Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology 2015, 14-15, 1-8.
- Spence S, White M, Adamson AJ, Matthews JNS. Does the use of passive or active consent affect consent or completion rates, or dietary data quality? Repeat cross-sectional survey among school children aged 11–12 years.
BMJ Open 2015, 5, e006457.
- Adams J, Bateman B, Becker F, Cresswell T, Flynn D, McNaughton R, Oluboyede Y, Robalino S, Ternent L, Gardner-Sood B, Michie S, Shucksmith J, Sniehotta FSF, Wigham W. Effectiveness and acceptability of parental financial incentives and quasi-mandatory schemes for increasing uptake of vaccinations in preschool children: systematic review, qualitative study, and discrete choice experiment.
2015. NIHR HTA Report. Submitted.
- Sniehotta FF, Rehackova L, Arnott B, Araujo-Soares V, Adamson AJ, Taylor R. Efficacy and acceptability of very low energy diets in overweight and obese people with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review with Meta-analyses.
Diabetic Medicine 2015. In Press.
- BoschdeBasea M, Pearce M, Kesminiene A, Bernier M, Dabin J, Engels H, Hauptmann M, Krille L, Meulepas J, Struelens L, Baatout S, Kaijser M, Maccia C, Jahnen A, ThierryChef I, Blettner M, Johansen C, Kjaerheim K, Nordenskjöld A, Olerud H, Salotti J, Andersen T, Vrijheid M, Cardis E. EPI-CT: Design, challenges and epidemiological methods of an international study on cancer risk after paediatric CT.
Journal of Radiological Protection 2015. In Press.
- McGivern MR, Best KE, Rankin J, Wellesley D, Greenlees R, Addor MC, Arriola L, de Walle H, Barisic I, Beres J, Bianchi F, Calzolari P, Doray B, Draper E, Garne E, Gatt M, Haeusler M, Khoshnood B, Klungsoyr K, Latos-Bielenska A, O'Mahony M, Braz P, McDonnell R, Mullaney C, Nelen V, Queisser-Lift A, Randrianaivo H, Rissman A, Rounding C, Sipek A, Thompson R, Tucker D, Wertelecki W, Martos C. Epidemiology of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in Europe: a register based study.
Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition 2015, 100(2), F137-144.
- Christensen PM, Heimdal JH, Christopher KL, Bucca C, Cantarella G, Friedrich G, Halvorsen T, Herth F, Jung H, Morris MJ, Remacle M, Rasmussen N, Wilson JA. ERS/ELS/ACCP 2013 international consensus conference nomenclature on inducible laryngeal obstructions.
European Respiratory Journal 2015, 24(137), 445-450.
- Drummond FJ, Kinnear H, Donnelly C, O'Leary E, O'Brien K, Burns R, Gavin A, Sharp L. Establishing a population-based patient reported outcomes study (PROMs) using national cancer registries across two jurisdictions: the Prostate Cancer Treatment, your experience (PiCTure) Study.
BMJ Open 2015, 5(4), e006851.
- Rodgers H, Shaw L, Cant R, Drummond A, Ford GA, Forster A, Hills K, Howel D, Laverty A, McKevitt C, McMeekin P, Price C. Evaluating an extended rehabilitation service for stroke patients (EXTRAS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2015, 16, 205.
- Wood CL, Warnell F, Johnson M, Hames A, Pearce MS, McConachie H, Parr JR. Evidence for ASD Recurrence Rates and Reproductive Stoppage From Large UK ASD Research Family Databases.
Autism Research 2015, 8(1), 73-81.
- Heasman PA, Holliday R, Bryant A, Preshaw PM. Evidence for the occurrence of gingival recession and non-carious cervical lesions as a consequence of traumatic toothbrushing.
Journal of Clinical Periodontology 2015, 42(S16), S237-S255.
- Aljefri K, Muirhead C, Newbury-Birch D, Kaner E, Gilvarry E, Araujo-Soares V, Reynolds NJ, Hampton P. Examining the prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorders (AUD) in patients with skin disease, a cross-sectional study.
In: 45th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Dermatological Research. 2015, Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Nature Publishing Group.
- Lee RP, Bamford C, Exley C, Robinson L. Expert views on the factors enabling good end of life care for people with dementia: a qualitative study.
BMC Palliative Care 2015, 14(32).
- Kothe E, Sainsbury K, Mullan B, Smith LC. Explaining the intention-behaviour gap in gluten free diet adherence: The moderating roles of habit and perceived behavioural control.
Journal of Health Psychology 2015. In Preparation.
- Patterson R, Moffatt S, Smith M, Scott J, McLoughlin C, Bell J, Bell N. Exploring social inclusivity within the University of the Third Age (U3A): a model of collaborative research.
Ageing & Society 2015, 1-24.
- Hodgson S, Lutz PW, Shirley MD, Bythell M, Rankin J. Exposure misclassification due to residential mobility during pregnancy.
International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 2015, 218(4), 414-421.
- Thomas K, Wright SE, Watson G, Baker C, Stafford V, Wade C, Chadwick TJ, Mansfield L, Wilkinson J, Shen J, Deverill M, Bonner S, Hugill K, Howard P, Henderson A, Roy A, Furneval J, Baudouin SV. Extra Physiotherapy in Critical Care (EPICC) Trial Protocol: a randomised controlled trial of intensive versus standard physical rehabilitation therapy in the critically ill.
BMJ Open: BMJ Group, 2015. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008035.
- Vernazza CR, Wildman JR, Steele JG, Whitworth JM, Walls AWG, Perry R, Matthews R, Hahn P, Donaldson C. Factors affecting patient valuations of caries prevention: using and validating the willingness to pay method.
Journal of Dentistry 2015, 43(8), 981-988.
- Gray L, Gibbs J, Jolleff N, Williams J, McConachie H, Parr JR. Factors associated with variability in implementing good practice recommendations for the assessment and management of UK children with neurodisability.
Child: care, health and development 2015. In Press.
- De Brún A, Flynn D, Ternent L, Lancsar E, Price CI, Rudd M, Rodgers H, Ford GA, Simpson S, Teah J, Thomson RG. Factors that influence clinicians' decisions to offer intravenous thrombolytic treatment to patients with acute ischaemic stroke.
In: International Shared Decision Making and Evidence Based Health Care Conference. 2015, Sydney, Australia.
- Baur N. Familial stress and mental illness – investigating the role of the family in the perceived causation of and reaction to mental illness in Devon, c. 1940s to 1970s.
In: Jackson, M, ed. Stress in Post-War Britain, 1945-85. London, UK: Pickering & Chatto Publishers, 2015, pp.31-44.
- Gotts ZM, Ellis JG, Deary V, Newton JL. Feasibility of delivering CBT-I in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
In: 6th World Congress on Sleep Medicine. 2015, Seoul, South Korea: Elsevier.
- van der Heijden E, Lopes AD, Bryant A, Bekkers R, Galaal K. Follow-up strategies after treatment (large loop excision of the transformation zone (LLETZ)) for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN): Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) test.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, (1), CD010757.
- Adams J, Goffe L, Brown T, Lake AA, Summerbell C, White M, Wrieden W, Adamson AJ. Frequency and socio-demographic correlates of eating meals out and take-away meals at home: cross-sectional analysis of the UK national diet and nutrition survey, waves 1-4 (2008-12).
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12, 51.
- Drinnan M, Powell J, Nikkar-Esfahani A, Heading RC, Doyle J, Griffin SM, Leslie P, Bradley PT, James P, Wilson JA. Gastroesophageal and extraesophageal reflux symptoms: similarities and differences.
Laryngoscope 2015, 125(2), 424-430.
- Patterson JM, McColl E, Wilson J, Carding P, Rapley T. Head and neck cancer patients' perceptions of swallowing following chemoradiotherapy.
Supportive Care in Cancer 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- Gore PG, Kingston A, Jagger C. Health and disability - Vulnerability in daily activities.
In: Dr Susan Davidson and Phil Rossall, ed. Improving later life. Vulnerability and resilience in older people. London, UK: Age UK, 2015, pp.86.
- McAnuff J. Hello, I’m Spock.
2015. Available at: https://clinicianacademic.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/hello-im-spock/.
- Whybrow P, Rapley T, Pickard R, Hrisos S. How Men Manage Bulbar Urethral Stricture by Concealing Symptoms.
Qualitative Health Research 2015, Online ahead of print.
- Ball SL, Suwara MI, Borthwick LA, Wilson JA, Mann DA, Fisher AJ. How Reliable are Sino-Nasal Cell Lines for Studying the Pathophysiology of Chronic Rhinosinusitis?.
Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology 2015, 124(6), 437-442.
- Kokka F, Bryant A, Brockbank E, Powell M, Oram D. Hysterectomy with radiotherapy or chemotherapy or both for women with locally advanced cervical cancer.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, (4), 1-56.
- Tyrrell RL, Townshend TG, Adamson AJ, Lake AA. I’m not trusted in the kitchen’: food environments and food behaviours of young people attending school and college.
Journal of Public Health 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- Hackett KL, Lambson R, Gotts ZM, Strassheim V, Deary V, Newton JL. Identifying and tackling unmet service-user needs in a novel generic fatigue clinic: A group concept mapping study.
In: BACME Conference (6th). 2015, Milton Keynes: BACME.
- Thomas LH, French B, Sutton CJ, Forshaw D, Leathley MJ, Burton CR, Roe B, Cheater FM, Booth J, McColl E, Carter B, Walker A, Brittain K, Whiteley G, Rodgers H, Barrett J, Watkins CL. Identifying Continence OptioNs after Stroke (ICONS): an evidence synthesis, case study and exploratory cluster randomised controlled trial of the introduction of a systematic voiding programme for patients with urinary incontinence after stroke in secondary care.
Programme Grants for Applied Research 2015, 3(1).
- Armitage S, McAnuff J, Featherstone J, Kolehmainen N. Implementing high quality care: using audit and feedback to change occupational therapy practice.
British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2015. In Preparation.
- Kolehmainen N. Implementing shared goal setting in practice.
In: Poulsen, A; Ziviani, J; Cuskelly, M, ed. Motivation and goal setting: engaging with children and parents in therapy. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2015.
- Howey R, Mamasoula C, Töpf A, Nudel R, Goodship JA, Keavney BD, Cordell HJ. Increased Power for Detection of Parent-of-Origin Effects via the Use of Haplotype Estimation.
American Journal of Human Genetics 2015, 97(3), 419-434.
- Best KE, Rankin J. Increased risk of congenital heart disease in twins in the North of England between 1998 and 2010.
Heart 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Wohland P, Rees P, Nazroo J, Jagger C. Inequalities in healthy life expectancy between ethnic groups in England and Wales in 2001.
Ethnicity and Health 2015, 20(4), 341-353.
- Parkinson KN, Adamson AJ, Basterfield L, Reilly JK, Le Couteur A, Reilly JJ. Influence of adiposity on health- related quality of life in the Gateshead Millennium Study cohort: Longitudinal study at 12 years.
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2015, 100(8), 779-783.
- O'Connor M, Costello L, Murphy J, Prendiville W, Martin CM, O'Leary JJ, Sharp L. Information barriers and factors influencing information needs among women having the HPV tests as part of routine follow-up for abnormal cervical cytology.
Journal Family Planning Reproductive Health Care 2015.
- Bayliss HR, Beyer FR. Information retrieval for ecological syntheses.
Research Synthesis Methods 2015, 6(2), 136-148.
- Shan LC, Panagiotopoulos P, Regan Á, De Brún A, Barnett J, Wall P, McConnon Á. Interactive Communication with the Public: Qualitative Exploration of the Use of Social Media by Food and Health Organizations.
Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior 2015, 47(1), 104-108.
- Vernazza CR, Rousseau N, Steele JG, Ellis JS, Thomason JM, Eastham J, Exley C. Introducing high-cost health care to patients: dentists' accounts of offering dental implant treatment.
Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2015, 43(1), 75-85.
- Hilton P, Armstrong N, Brennand C, Howel D, Shen J, Bryant A, Tincello DG, Lucas MG, Buckley BS, Chapple CR, Homer T, Vale L, McColl E. INVESTIGATE-I (INVasive Evaluation before Surgical Treatment of Incontinence Gives Added Therapeutic Effect?): a mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a future randomised controlled trial of invasive urodynamic testing prior to surgery for stress urinary incontinence in women.
Health Technology Assessment 2015, 19(15).
- Crowe L, Embleton ND, Rankin J. Investigating available resources on loss from a multiple pregnancy to inform practice.
Infant 2015, 11(4), 123-126.
- Ottoffy G, Szigeti E, Bartyik K, Nyari C, Parker L, McNally RJ, Nyari TA. Investigating the relationship between mortality from respiratory diseases and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in Hungary.
Pathology and Oncology Research 2015, 21(1), 53-57.
- Harrison SL, Stephan BCM, Siervo M, Granic A, Davies K, Wesnes KA, Kirkwood TBL, Robinson L, Jagger C. Is There an Association Between Metabolic Syndrome and Cognitive Function in Very Old Adults? The Newcastle 85+Study.
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2015, 63(4), 667-675.
- Simpson E, Delve J, Poliakov I, Foster E, Jackson D, Comber R, Olivier P, Adamson A. Iterative development of an online dietary recall tool, INTAKE24.
Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 2015, 74(OCE1), E117-E117.
- Salotti JA, Tennant PWG, Windebank K, Rankin J. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Children with Congenital Anomalies: a population-based record linkage study.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2015, 103(2), 157-160.
- Holmes RD, Steele JG, Donaldson C, Exley C. Learning from contract change in primary care dentistry: A qualitative study of stakeholders in the north of England.
Health Policy 2015, 119(9), 1218-1225.
- Hilton P, Bryant A, Howel D, McColl E, Shen J, Homer T, Vale L, Buckley BS, Lucas MG, Tincello DG, Armstrong N. Letter to the editor re: Assessing professional equipoise and views about a future clinical trial of invasive urodynamics prior to surgery for stress urinary incontinence in women: A survey within a mixed methods feasibility study. Neurourol Urodyn. 2012;31(8):1223-30.
Neurourology and Urodynamics 2015, ([Epub ahead of print]).
- Streatfield Y, Haggas S, Wilson K, McAnuff J. Listening for participation.
- Campbell S, Bond J, Manthorpe J, Samsi K, Abley C, Watts S, Robinson L, Keady J. Living with Uncertainty: mapping the transition from pre diagnosis to a diagnosis of dementia.
Health and Social Care in the Community 2015. Submitted.
- Pearce A, Timmons A, O'Sullivan E, Gallagher P, Gooberman-Hill R, Thomas AA, Molcho M, Butow P, Sharp L. Long term workforce participation patterns following head and neck cancer.
Journal of Cancer Survival 2015, 9(1), 30-39.
- Basterfield L, Reilly JK, Pearce MS, Parkinson KN, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ, Vella SA. Longitudinal associations between sports participation, body composition and physical activity from childhood to adolescence.
Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 2015, 18(2), 178-182.
- Hayes L, Bell R, Heslehurst N, Poston L. Low physical activity as a risk factor for gestational diabetes in obese white women and black women participating in the UK Better Eating and Activity Trial (UPBEAT). pilot trial.
In: Diabetes UK Professional Conference. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Mann KD, Pearce MS, McKevith B, Thielecke F, Seal CJ. Low whole grain intake in the UK: results from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey rolling programme 2008–11.
British Journal of Nutrition 2015, 113(10), 1643-1651.
- Evans EH, Boothroyd LG, Muscariello E, Stephan BCM, Nasti G, Colantuoni A, Siervo M. Lower weight loss expectations and healthier eating attitudes in older overweight and obese women attempting weight loss.
Clinical Obesity 2015, 5(3), 136-144.
- Duncan R, Francis RM, Jagger C, Kingston A, McCloskey E, Collerton J, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL, Birrell F. Magnitude of fragility fracture risk in the very old – are we meeting their needs? The Newcastle 85+ Study.
Osteoporosis International 2015, 26(1), 123-130.
- Duncan R, Francis RM, Jagger C, Kingston A, McCloskey E, Collerton J, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL, Birrell F. Magnitude of fragility fracture risk in the very old-are we meeting their needs? The Newcastle 85+Study.
Osteoporosis International 2015, 26(1), 123-130.
- Cruickshank ME, Cotton SC, Sharp L, Smart L, Walker LG, Little, J. Management of women low grade-cytology: How reassuring is a normal colposcopy examination?.
BJOG 2015, 122(3), 308-386.
- Foster C, Calman L, Grimmett C, Breckons M, Cotterell P, Yardley L, Joseph J, Hughes S, Jones R, Leonidou C, Armes L, Batehup L, Corner J, Fenlon D, Lennan E, Morris C, Neylon A, Ream E, Turner L, Richardson A. Managing fatigue after cancer treatment: development of RESTORE, a web-based resource to support self-management.
Psycho-Oncology 2015, 24(8), 940-949.
- Grahame V, Brett D, Dixon L, McConachie H, Lowry J, Rodgers J, Steen N, Le Couteur AS. Managing Repetitive Behaviours in young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Pilot randomised controlled trial of a new parent group intervention.
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2015, 45(10), 3168-3182.
- Parr J, Gray L, Wigham S, McConachie H, LeCouteur A. Measuring the relationship between the parental Broader Autism Phenotype, parent–child interaction, and children’s progress following parent mediated intervention.
Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2015, 20, 24-30.
- Hanly P, Soerjomataram I, Sharp L. Measuring the societal burden of cancer: the cost of lost productivity due to premature cancer-related mortality in Europe.
International Journal of Cancer 2015, 136(4), E136-E145.
- Barisic I, Boban L, Loane M, Garne E, Wellesley D, Calzolari E, Dolk H, Addor M-C, Bergman JEH, Braz P, Draper E, Haeusler M, Khoshnood B, Klungsoyr K, Pierini A, Queisser-Luft A, Rankin J, Rissmann A, Verellen-Dumoulin C. Meckel-Gruber syndrome: a population-based study on prevalence, prenatal diagnosis, clinical features, and survival in Europe.
European Journal of Human Genetics 2015, 23, 746-752.
- Pepas L, Kaushik S, Nordin A, Bryant A, Lawrie TA. Medical interventions for high-grade vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, (8).
- Gorman GS, Grady JP, Ng Y, Schaefer AM, McNally RJ, Chinnery PF, Man PY, Herbert M, Taylor RW, McFarland R, Turnbull DM. Mitochondrial Donation: How Many Women Could Benefit?.
New England Journal of Medicine 2015, 372(9), 885-887.
- Heaven B, Hobbs N, Evans EH, White M, Meyer T, Mathers JC, Moffatt S. Mobilising Resources for Well-being: Implications for Developing Interventions in the Retirement Transition.
The Gerontologist 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Richards J, Graham R, Embleton ND, Campbell C, Rankin J. Mothers' perspectives on the perinatal loss of a co-twin: A qualitative study.
BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth 2015, 15, 143.
- Maniatopoulos G, Procter R, Llewellyn S, Harvey G, Boyd A. Moving beyond local practice: Reconfiguring the adoption of a breast cancer diagnostic technology.
Social Science & Medicine 2015, 131, 98-106.
- Crowe L, Graham RH, Robson SC, Rankin J. Negotiating acceptable termination of pregnancy for non-lethal fetal anomalies. Professional views.
In: British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 17th Annual Conference 2015. 2015, London: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Gotts ZM, Deary V, Newton J, Ellis JG. Objective and Subjective sleep abnormalities in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Fatigue: Biomedicine Health and Behaviour 2015. Submitted.
- Janssen X, Basterfield L, Parkinson KN, Pearce MS, Reilly JK, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ, Gateshead Millennium Study Core Team. Objective measurement of sedentary behavior: impact of non-wear time rules on changes in sedentary time.
BMC Public Health 2015, 15, 504.
- Milligan C, Neary D, Payne S, Hanratty B, Irwin P, Dowrick C. Older men and social activity: a scoping review of Men's Sheds and other gendered interventions.
Ageing and Society 2015.
- Sniehotta FF, Presseau J, Araujo-Soares V. On the development, evaluation and evolution of health behaviour theory.
Health Psychology Review 2015, 9(2), 176-189.
- Tang EYH, Robinson L. Opportunities in Academic Primary Care.
InnovAIT 2015, 8(7), 441-443.
- Durham J, Touger-Decker R, Nixdorf DR, Rigassio-Radler D, Moynihan P. Oro-facial pain and nutrition: a forgotten relationship?.
Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 2015, 42(1), 75-80.
- Addison M. Overcoming Arlie Hochschild’s concepts of the ‘real’ and ‘false’ self by drawing on Pierre Bourdieu’s concept of habitus.
TBC 2015. In Preparation.
- Dee A, Callan A, Doherty E, O'Neill C, McVeigh T, Sweeney MR, Staines A, Kearns K, Fitzgerald S, Sharp L, Kee F, Hughes J, Balanda K, Perry IJ. Overweight and obesity on the island of Ireland: An estimation of costs.
BMJ Open 2015, 5(3), e006189.
- Kolehmainen N, Ramsay C, McKee L, Missiuna C, Owen C, Francis J. Participation in physical play and leisure in children with motor impairments: a mixed methods study to generate evidence for developing an intervention.
Physical Therapy 2015, (unedited author manuscript).
- Mann KD, Pearce MS, Sayers SM, Singh GR. Pathways between birthweight and later body size in predicting blood pressure: Australian Aboriginal Cohort Study 1987-2007.
Journal of Hypertension 2015, 33(5), 933-939.
- McSweeney LA, Rousseau NS, Wilson JA, Wilkes S, Haighton CA. Patient, GP and Otolaryngologist views of recurrent sore throat, tonsillitis and its management: a qualitative interview study.
2015. In Preparation.
- Brown JG, Joyce KE, Stacey D, Thomson RG. Patients or Volunteers? The Impact of Motivation for Trial Participation on the Efficacy of Patient Decision Aids: A Secondary Analysis of a Cochrane Systematic Review.
Medical Decision Making 2015, 35(4), 419-435.
- Kashbour WA, Rousseau NS, Ellis JS, Thomason JM. Patients' experiences of dental implant treatment: A literature review of key qualitative studies.
Journal of Dentistry 2015, 43(7), 789-797.
- Montgomery J, Hendry J, Wilson JA, Deary IJ, MacKenzie K. Pragmatic detection of anxiety and depression in prospective cohort of voice outpatient clinic attenders.
Clinical Otolaryngology 2015, (Accepted Article).
- Sainsbury K, Mullan B, Sharpe L. Predicting intention and behaviour following participation in a theory-based intervention to improve gluten free diet adherence in coeliac disease.
Psychology and Health 2015, 18, 1-12. In Preparation.
- Dang VM, Colver A, Dickinson HO, Marcelli M, Michelsen SI, Parkes J, Parkinson K, Rapp M, Arnaud C, Nystrand M, Fauconnier J. Predictors of participation of adolescents with cerebral palsy: A European multi-centre longitudinal study.
Research in Developmental Disabilities 2015, 36, 551-564.
- Tullo E, Khoo TK, Teodorczuk A. Preparing to meet the needs of an ageing population - A challenge to medical educators globally.
Medical Teacher 2015, 37(2), 105-107.
- Brockbank S, Miller N, Owen S, Patterson JM. Pretreatment Information on Dysphagia: Exploring the Views of Head and Neck Cancer Patients.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2015, 49(1), 89-97.
- Salomone E, Charman T, McConachie H, Warreyn P. Prevalence and correlates of use of complementary and alternative medicine in children with autism spectrum disorder in Europe.
European Journal of Pediatrics 2015, 174(10), 1277-1285.
- Adams J, Goffe L, Adamson AJ, Halligan J, O'Brien N, Purves R, Stead M, Stocken D, White M. Prevalence and socio-demographic correlates of cooking skills in UK adults: cross-sectional analysis of data from the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey.
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12(99).
- Rehm J, Anderson P, Barry J, Dimitrov P, Elekes Z, Feijao F, Frick U, Gual A, Gmel G, Kraus L, Marmet S, Raninen J, Rehm MX, Scafato E, Shield KD, Trapencieris M, Gmel G. Prevalence of and Potential Influencing Factors for Alcohol Dependence in Europe.
European Addiction Research 2015, 21(1), 6-18.
- Bendtsen P, Anderson P, Wojnar M, Newbury-Birch D, Mussener U, Colom J, Karlsson N, Brzozka K, Spak F, Deluca P, Drummond C, Kaner E, Kloda K, Mierzecki A, Okulicz-Kozaryn K, Parkinson K, Reynolds J, Ronda G, Segura L, Palacio J, Baena B, Slodownik L, van Steenkiste B, Wolstenholme A, Wallace P, Keurhorst MN, Laurant MGH, Gual A. Professional's Attitudes Do Not Influence Screening and Brief Interventions Rates for Hazardous and Harmful Drinkers: Results from ODHIN Study.
Alcohol and Alcoholism 2015, 50(4), 430-437.
- Beard E, Brown J, West R, Acton C, Brennan A, Drummond C, Hickman M, Holmes J, Kaner E, Lock K, Walmsley M, Michie S. Protocol for a national monthly survey of alcohol use in England with 6-month follow-up: 'The Alcohol Toolkit Study'.
BMC Public Health 2015, 15, 230.
- Lee RP, Hart RI, Watson RM, Rapley T. Qualitative synthesis in practice: some pragmatics of meta-ethnography.
Qualitative Research 2015, 15(3), 334-350.
- Hamilton DW, Bins JE, McMeekin P, Pedersen A, Steen IN, DeSoyza A, Thomson RT, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Quality compared to quantity of life in laryngeal cancer: a time trade off study.
Head and Neck 2015.
- Harbron R, Pearce MS, Salotti JA, McHugh K, McLaren C, Abernethy L, Reed S, O'Sullivan J, Chapple C-L. Radiation doses from fluoroscopically guided cardiac catheterization procedures in children and young adults in the United Kingdom: A multi-centre study.
The British Journal of Radiology 2015.
- Hindmarch P, Hawkins A, McColl E, Hayes M, Majsak-Newman G, Ablewhite J, Deave T, Kendrick D, Keeping Children Safe Study Grp. Recruitment and retention strategies and the examination of attrition bias in a randomised controlled trial in children's centres serving families in disadvantaged areas of England.
Trials 2015, 16, 79.
- Godse AS, Best KE, Lawson A, Rosby L, Rankin J. Register based study of anorectal anomalies over 26 years: Associated anomalies, prevalence, and trends.
Birth Defect Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2015, 103(7), 597–602.
- Hughes JC, Poole M, Louw SJ, Greener H, Emmett C. Residence capacity: its nature and assessment.
BJPsych Advances 2015, 21(5), 307-312.
- McNally RJ, Bunch KJ, Craft AW, Murphy MF. Response to: Comment on 'Updated investigations of cancer excesses in individuals born or resident in the vicinity of Sellafield and Dounreay'.
British Journal of Cancer 2015, 112(11), 1837.
- Tennant PWG, Bilous RW, Prathapan S, Bell R. Risk and Recurrence of Serious Adverse Outcomes in the First and Second Pregnancies of Women With Preexisting Diabetes.
Diabetes Care 2015, 38(4), 610-619.
- Jopson L, Newton JL, Palmer J, Floudas A, Isaacs J, Qian J, Wilkinson J, Trenell M, Blamire A, Howel D, Jones DE. RITPBC: B-Cell Depleting Therapy (rituximab) as a treatment for fatigue in Primary Biliary Cirrhosis: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
BMJ Open 2015, 5(8), e007985.
- Colver A, Rapp M, Eisemann N, Ehlinger V, Thyen U, Dickinson HO, Parkes J, Parkinson K, Nystrand M, Fauconnier J, Marcelli M, Michelsen SI, Arnaud C. Self-reported quality of life of adolescents with cerebral palsy: a cross-sectional and longitudinal analysis.
Lancet 2015, 385(9969), 705-716.
- Granic A, Hill TR, Kirkwood TBL, Davies K, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, von Zglinicki T, Saxby BK, Wesnes KA, Collerton D, Mathers JC, Jagger C. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and cognitive decline in the very old: The Newcastle 85+ study.
European Journal of Neurology 2015, 22(1), 106-e7.
- Siervo M, Prado C, Hooper L, Munro A, Collerton J, Davies K, Kingston A, Mathers JC, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. Serum osmolarity and haematocrit do not modify the association between the impedance index (Ht2/Z) and total body water in the very old: The Newcastle 85+Study.
Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2015, 60(1), 227-232.
- Wakeling LA, Ions LJ, Escolme SM, Cockell SJ, Su T, Dey M, Hampton EV, Jenkins G, Wainwright LJ, McKay JA, Ford D. SIRI1 effects DNA methylation of polycomb protein target genes, a hotspot of the epigenetic shift observed in ageing.
Human Genomics 2015, 9, 14.
- Gotts ZM, Newton JL, Ellis JG. Sleep in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
In: Pandi-Perumal, S. R., Kramer, M., & Narasimhan, M, ed. Sleep and Psychosomatic Medicine, 2nd Edition. CRC Press, 2015. In Press.
- Ellis JG, Gotts ZM, Sterr AM. Sleep in the Lab and in the Real World.
In: C. Horton, ed. Sleep and Cognition. 2015. In Press.
- Araujo-Soares V, Sniehotta FF, Laing CM, Gellert P, Jackson D, Speakman JR. Social cognitions measured in 4 to 6 year olds are predictive of objectively measured physical activity.
Psychology & Health 2015, 30(10), 1240-1257.
- Addison M. Social games and Identity Distinction at work: Playing with class, gender and emotion (contracted).
Houndsmill, Basingstoke and Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. In Preparation.
- McNally RJ, Basta NO, Errington S, James PW, Norman PD, Hale JP, Pearce MS. Socio-economic patterning in the incidence and survival of boys and young men diagnosed with testicular cancer in northern England.
Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations 2015, (In Press Corrected Proof).
- Cook JA, Hislop J, Altman DG, Fayers P, Briggs AH, Ramsay CR, Norrie JD, Harvey IM, Buckley B, Fergusson D, Ford I, Vale LD, Delta Group. Specifying the target difference in the primary outcome for a randomised controlled trial: guidance for researchers.
Trials 2015, 16(12).
- Elovainio M, Heponiemi T, Jokela M, Hakulinen C, Presseau J, Aalto AM, Kivimäki M. Stressful Work Environment and Wellbeing: What Comes First?.
Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 2015, (first posting).
- Yates JA, Clare L, Woods RT, Matthews FE, CFAS Wales. Subjective memory complaints are involved in the relationship between mood and MCI.
Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 2015. In Press.
- Avery L, Flynn D, Dombrowski SU, van Wersch A, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Successful Behavioural Strategies to Increase Physical Activity and Improve Glucose Control in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes.
Diabetic Medicine 2015, 32(8), 1058-1062.
- Killen A, Flynn D, De Brún A, O'Brien N, O'Brien J, Thomas AJ, McKeith I, Taylor JP. Support and information needs following a diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies.
International Psychogeriatrics 2015, (ePub ahead of print).
- Killen A, Flynn D, De Brun A, O’Brien J, Thomas AJ, McKeith I, Taylor JP. Support and Information Needs Following a Diagnosis of Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2015. Submitted.
- Mills S, White M, Robalino S, Wrieden W, Brown H, Adams J. Systematic review of the health and social determinants and outcomes of home cooking: protocol.
Systematic Reviews 2015, 4(5), 35.
- Lee RP, Thompson B, Whybrow P, Rapley T. Talking About Looking: Three Approaches to Interviewing Carers of People With Rheumatoid Arthritis About Information Seeking.
Qualitative Health Research 2015, (ePub ahead of print).
- Addison M, Mountford V. Talking the talk and fitting in: Troubling the practices of speaking ‘what you are worth’ in Higher Education in the UK.
Sociological Research Online 2015, 20(2), 4.
- Muirhead CR, Tweddle DA, Basta NO, McNally RJQ. Temporal clustering of neuroblastic tumours in children and young adults from Northern England.
Environmental Health 2015, 14(1), 72.
- Gotts ZM, Ellis JG, Deary V, Barclay N, Newton JL. The Association between Daytime Napping and Cognitive Functioning in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
PLOS One 2015, 10(9).
- Bunton R, Baldwin S, Flynn D, Whitelaw S. The ‘stages of change’ model in health promotion: science and ideology. Volume 1 - The Rise and Fall of Social Cognition Models.
In: M Murray;K Chamberlain, ed. New Directions in Health Psychology. Sage Publications, 2015. In Press.
- Crowe L, Graham RH, Robson SC, Rankin J. The boundaries between non-directive and directive counselling after a diagnosis of fetal anomaly. When does non-directive counselling become directive?.
In: 17th Annual Conference of the British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society. 2015, London: BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In Preparation.
- Embleton ND, Rankin J. The BRACELET study: implications for the design of randomised control trials in neonatal and paediatric intensive care.
Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition 2015, 100, F97-F98.
- Thursz M, Forrest E, Roderick P, Day C, Austin A, OGrady J, Ryder A, Allison M, Gleeson D, McCune A, Patch D, Wright M, Masson S, Richardson P, Hood S, MacGilchrist A, Grant A, Vale L, Mellor J, Stanton L, Bowers M, Ratcliffe I, Downs N, Kirkman S, Homer T, Ternent L, Deverill M. The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of STeroids or Pentoxifylline for Alcoholic Hepatitis (STOPAH): a 2x2 factorial, randomised controlled trial.
Health Technology Assessment 2015. In Press.
- Corbett M, Heirs M, Rose M, Smith A, Stirk L, Richardson G, Stark D, Swinson D, Craig D, Eastwood A. The delivery of chemotherapy at home: an evidence synthesis.
Health Services and Delivery Research 2015, 3(14).
- Pearson F, Mann KD, Rees A, Davis A, Pearce MS. The Effect of Childhood Infection on Hearing Function at Age 61 to 63 Years in the Newcastle Thousand Families Study.
Ear and Hearing 2015, 36(2), 185-190.
- Kingston A, Davies K, Collerton J, Robinson l, Duncan R, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. The enduring effect of education - socioeconomic differences in disability trajectories from age 85 years in the Newcastle 85+ Study.
Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2015, 60(3), 405-411.
- Gibson G, Dickinson C, Brittain K, Robinson L. The everyday use of assistive technology by people with dementia and their family carers: a qualitative study.
BMC Geriatrics 2015, 15, 89.
- Lambson R, Newton JL, Strassheim V, Gotts ZM, Deary V, Hackett KL. The evolution of the Newcastle CRESTA Fatigue Clinic: a unique NHS multidisciplinary approach to fatigue.
Journal of Rheumatology Occupational Therapy 2015, 29(1), 7-11.
- Gotts ZM, Newton JL, Ellis JG, Deary V. The experience of sleep in chronic fatigue syndrome: A qualitative interview study with patients.
British Journal of Health Psychology 2015, epub ahead of print.
- O'Brien N, McDonald S, Araújo-Soares V, Lara J, Errington L, Godfrey A, Mathers JC, Meyer TD, Rochester L, White M, Sniehotta FF. The features of interventions associated with long-term effectiveness of physical activity interventions in adults aged 55 to 70 years: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Health Psychology Review 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Carter LA, Geldenhuys M, Moynihan PJ, Slater DR, Exley CE, Rolland SL. The Impact of Orthodontic Appliances on Eating – young people’s views and experiences.
Journal of Orthodontics 2015, 42(2), 114-122.
- Brown MC, Pearce MS, Bailey S, Skinner R. The long-term psychosocial impact of cancer: the views of young adult survivors of childhood cancer.
European Journal of Cancer Care 2015.
- Powrie B, Kolehmainen N, Turpin M, Ziviani J, Copley J. The meaning of leisure for children and young people with physical disabilities: a systematic evidence synthesis.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- Rubie IEM, Haighton CA, O'Hara J, Rousseau NS, Steen IN, Stocken DD, Sullivan F, Vale L, Wilkes S, Wilson JA. The NAtional randomised controlled Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adults (NATTINA): a clinical and cost-effectiveness study: study protocol for a randomised control trial.
BMC Trials 2015, 16(1), 263.
- Evans EH, AraujoSoares V, Adamson AJ, Batterham AM, Brown H, Campbell M, Dombrowski SU, Guest A, Jackson D, Kwasnicka D, Ladha K, McColl E, Olivier P, Rothman AJ, Sainsbury K, Steel AJ, Steen IN, Vale L, White M, Wright P, Sniehotta FF. The NULevel trial of a scalable, technology-assisted weight loss maintenance intervention for obese adults after clinically significant weight loss: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2015. In Press.
- Evans EH, Araujo-Soares V, Adamson A, Batterham AM, Brown H, Campbell M, Dombrowski SU, Guest A, Jackson D, Kwasnicka D, Ladha K, McColl E, Olivier P, Rothman AJ, Sainsbury K, Steel AJ, Steen IN, Vale L, White M, Wright P, Sniehotta FF. The NULevel trial of a scalable, technology-assisted weight loss maintenance intervention for obese adults after clinically significant weight loss: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Trials 2015, 16(421).
- Craig D. The potential for meta-analysis to support decision analysis in ecology.
Research Synthesis Methods 2015, 6(2), 122-123.
- Rodrigues A, O'Brien N, French DP, Glidewell L, Sniehotta FF. The Question–Behavior Effect: Genuine Effect or Spurious Phenomenon? A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials With Meta-Analyses.
Health Psychology 2015, 34(1), 61-78.
- BerringtondeGonzalez A, Salotti J, McHugh K, Little M, Harbron R, Lee C, Ntowe E, Braganza M, Parker L, Rajaraman P, Stiller C, Stewart D, Craft A, Pearce M. The Relationship Between Pediatric CT Scans and Subsequent Risk of Leukemia and Brain Tumors: Assessment of The Impact of Underlying Conditions.
British Journal of Cancer 2015. Submitted.
- Forrest LF, Adams J, Rubin G, White M. The role of receipt and timeliness of treatment in socioeconomic inequalities in lung cancer survival: population-based, data-linkage study.
Thorax 2015, 70(2), 138-145.
- Fletcher-Watson S, McConachie H. The Search for an Early Intervention Outcome Measurement Tool in Autism.
Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Dombrowski SU, White M, Mackintosh JE, Gellert P, Araujo-Soares V, Thomson RG, Rodgers H, Ford GA, Sniehotta FF. The stroke 'Act FAST' campaign: Remembered but not understood?.
International Journal of Stroke 2015, 10(3), 324-330.
- Deary V, Carding PN, McColl EM, Miller T, Wilson JA. The systematic development of a complex intervention for functional dysphonia.
PLOS One 2015. Submitted.
- Brown MC, Levitt GA, Frey E, Bárdi E, Haupt R, Hjorth L, Kremer L, Kuehni CE, Lettner C, Mulder RL, Michel G, Skinner R. The views of European clinicians on guidelines for long-term follow-up of childhood cancer survivors.
Pediatric Blood & Cancer 2015, 62(2), 322–328.
- Sanderson RA, Goffe LA, Leifert C. Time-series models to quantify short-term effects of meteorological conditions on bumblebee forager activity in agricultural landscapes.
Agricultural and Forest Entomology 2015, 17(3), 270–276.
- Jerrim J, Friend A, Lingam R, Vignoles A. To what extent is the socio-economic gradient in children's reading skills due to genetics?.
British Educational Research Journal 2015, 41(1), 6-29.
- Haighton C, Wilson J. Tonsillectomy or adenotonsillectomy reduces the number of sore throats in children; however, insufficient information is available on the effectiveness in adults.
Evidence-Based Medicine 2015, 20(2), 64.
- Abuhaloob L, Maguire A, Moynihan P. Total daily fluoride intake and the relative contributions of foods, drinks and toothpaste among 3- to 4-year-old children in the Gaza Strip - Palestine.
International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2015, 25(2), 127-135.
- Cruikshank M, Foster HE, Stewart J, Davidson JE, Rapley T. Transitional care in clinical networks for young people with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: current situation and challenges.
Clinical Rheumatology 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- O'Hara J, Cosway B, Muirhead C, Leonard N, Goff D, Patterson JM. Transoral laser microsurgery +/- adjuvant therapy versus chemoradiotherapy for stage III and IVA oropharyngeal squamous cell cancer: A preliminary comparison of early swallowing outcomes.
Head & Neck 2015, 37(10), 1488-1494.
- Lecouturier J, Clarke MP, Errington G, Hallowell N, Murtagh MJ, Thomson R. Treating childhood intermittent distance exotropia: a qualitative study of decision making.
BMC Opthalmology 2015, 15, 112.
- Pickes A, Harris V, Green J, Aldred C, McConachie H, Slonims V, LeCouteur A, Hudry K, Charman T. Treatment Mechanism in the MRC Pre-School Autism Communications Trial Implications for study design and parent-focussed therapy for children.
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2015, 56(2), 162-170.
- BoschdeBasea M, Salotti JA, Pearce MS, Muchart J, Riera LI, Barber I, Pedraza L, Pardina M, Capdevila A, Cardis E. Trends and patterns in use of paediatric and young adult CT scans in Catalonia, based on the EPI-CT study data.
Pediatric Radiology 2015. Submitted.
- Nyari C, Nyari TA, McNally RJ. Trends in infant mortality rates in Hungary between 1963 and 2012.
Acta Paediatrica 2015, 104(5), 473-478.
- Hartai M, Nyari TA, McNally RJ. Trends in mortality rates in female genital organs and breast cancers in Hungary between 1979 and 2013.
European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 2015, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Little EA, Presseau J, Eccles MP. Understanding effects in reviews of implementation interventions using the Theoretical Domains Framework.
Implementation Science 2015, 10, 90.
- Webster M, Foster E, Comber R, Bowen S, Cheetham T, Balaam M. Understanding the lived experience of adolescents with type 1 diabetes: opportunities for design.
In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children (IDC '15). 2015, Boston, MA, USA: ACM.
- Milton S, Buckner S, Salway S, Powell K, Moffatt S, Green J. Understanding welfare conditionality in the context of a generational habitus: A qualitative study of older citizens in England.
Journal of Aging Studies 2015, 34, 113-122.
- Presseau J, Ivers NM, Newham JJ, Knittle K, Danko KJ, Grimshaw JM. Using a behaviour change techniques taxonomy to identify active ingredients within trials of implementation interventions for diabetes care.
Implementation Science 2015, 10, 55.
- O'Brien N, Philpott-Morgan S, Dixon D. Using impairment and cognitions to predict walking in osteoarthritis: A series of n-of-1 studies with an individually tailored, data-driven intervention.
British Journal of Health Psychology 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Horridge K, Tennant PWG, Balu J, Rankin J. Variation in healthcare for children and young people with cerebral palsies: a retrospective multi-centre audit study.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2015. In Press.
- Mann KD, Pearce MS, McKevith B, Thielecke F, Seal CJ. Whole grain intake and its association with intakes of other foods, nutrients and markers of health in the National Diet and Nutrition Survey rolling programme 2008–11.
British Journal of Nutrition 2015, 113(10), 1595-1602.
- Tullo ES, Lee RP, Robinson L, Allan L. Why is dementia different? Medical students’ views about deceiving people with dementia.
Aging & Mental Health 2015, 19(8), 731-738.
- Moffatt S, Noble E. Work or welfare after cancer? Explorations of identity and stigma.
Sociology of Health & Illness 2015, epub ahead of print.