Year: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1984 1982
- Cosway B, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Biomarkers Predicting Chemotherapy Response in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A review..
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2015. In Press.
- Birch J, Scott S, NewburyBirch D, Brennan A, Brown H, Coulton S, Gilvarry E, Hickman M, McColl E, McGovern R, Muirhead C, Kaner E. A pilot feasibility trial of alcohol screening and brief intervention in the police custody setting (ACCEPT): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial.
Pilot and Feasibility Studies 2015, 1(1).
- Moffatt S, Lawson S, Patterson R, Holding E, Dennison A, Sowden S, Brown J. A qualitative study of the impact of the UK 'bedroom tax'.
Journal of Public Health 2015, 37(1), 1-9.
- Corris PA, Ryan VA, Small T, Lordan J, Fisher AJ, Meachery G, Johnson G, Ward C. A randomised controlled trial of azithromycin therapy in Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome (BOS) post lung transplantation .
- Salotti J, Bigley V, Wood K, Collin M, Windebank K. A Regional Study of Adults with Histiocytic Disorders in Northeast England.
In: 30th Annual Meeting of the Histiocyte Society. 2015, Toronto, Canada: Paediatric Blood & Cancer.
- van Otterdijk SD, Norden J, Dickinson AM, Pearce MS, Relton CL, Mathers JC, Strathdee G. Aberrations in DNA methylation are detectable during remission of acute lymphoblastic leukemia and predict patient outcome.
EPIGENOMICS 2015, 7(1), 35-45.
- Giles EL, Sniehotta FF, McColl E, Adams J. Acceptability of financial incentives and penalties for encouraging uptake of healthy behaviours: focus groups.
BMC Public Health 2015, 15, 58.
- Giles EL, Robalino S, Sniehotta FF, Adams J, McColl E. Acceptability of financial incentives for encouraging uptake of healthy behaviours: A critical analysis using systematic methods.
Preventive Medicine 2015, 73, 145-158.
- Whybrow P, Pickard R, Hrisos S, Rapley T. Aligning Recruitment Strategies with Patient Desires: Findings from a Qualitative Sub-study of a Randomised Controlled Surgical Trial.
Qualitative Health Research 2015. In Preparation.
- Vines J, Pritchard G, Wright PC, Olivier P, Brittain K. An Age-Old Problem: Examining the Discourses of Ageing in HCI and Strategies for Future Research.
ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI) 2015, 22(1), 2.
- Berger N, Van Oyen H, Cambois E, Fouweather T, Jagger C, Nusselder W, Robine JM. Assessing the validity of the Global Activity Limitation Indicator in fourteen European countries.
BMC Medical Research Methodology 2015, 15, 1.
- Avery L, Denton SJ, Lavender M, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Barriers and enabling factors to use of a physical activity behavioural intervention for adults with Type 2 diabetes delivered in primary care: Qualitative findings from the Movement as Medicine Open Pilot Study.
In: Diabetes UK Annual Professional Conference. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Scott S, Kaner E. Brief Alcohol Interventions.
In: Neuberger, J; and DiMartini, A, ed. Alcohol Abuse and Liver Disease. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2015. In Press.
- McConachie H, Fletcher-Watson S, COST Action 'Enhancing Sci Study. Building capacity for rigorous controlled trials in autism: the importance of measuring treatment adherence.
Child: Care, Health and Development 2015, 41(2), 169-177.
- McDonald S, O'Brien N, White M, Sniehotta FF. Changes in physical activity during the retirement transition: a theory-based, qualitative interview study.
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12, 25.
- Fordham SE, Cole M, Irving JA, Allan JM. Cytarabine preferentially induces mutation at specific sequences in the genome which are identifiable in relapsed acute myeloid leukaemia.
LEUKEMIA 2015, 29(2), 491-494.
- Durham J, Steele JG, Breckons M, Story W, Vale L. DEEP Study: does EQ-5D-5L measure the impacts of persistent oro-facial pain?.
Journal of oral rehabilitation 2015, epub ahead of print.
- Stephan BCM, Minett T, Terrera GM, Matthews FE, Brayne C. Dementia prediction for people with stroke in populations: is mild cognitive impairment a useful concept?.
Age and Ageing 2015, 44(1), 78-83.
- Brooks AM, Oram R, Home P, Steen N, Shaw JAM. Demonstration of an Intrinsic Relationship Between Endogenous C-Peptide Concentration and Determinants of Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes Following Islet Transplantation.
Diabetes Care 2015, 38(1), 105-112.
- Flynn D, Nesbitt D, Ford GA, McMeekin P, Rodgers H, Price C, Kray C, Thomson RG. Development of a computerised decision aid for thrombolysis in acute stroke care.
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2015, 15, 6.
- McMeekin P, Flynn D, Ford GA, Rodgers H, Thomson RG. Development of a Decision Analytic Model (DAM) to Support Decision-Making and Risk Communication for Thrombolytic Treatment in Acute Stroke Care.
BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2015. Submitted.
- Farre A, Wood V, Rapley T, Parr J, REape D, McDonagh JE. Developmentally Appropriate Healthcare for Young People: A Scoping Study.
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2015, 100, 144-151.
- Spence S, White M, Adamson AJ, Matthews JNS. Does the use of passive or active consent affect consent or completion rates, or dietary data quality? Repeat cross-sectional survey among school children aged 11–12 years.
BMJ Open 2015, 5, e006457.
- Hanson H, O'Brien N, Whybrow P, Rapley R. Drug offers Help to Suffers: A Qualitative Analysis of Health Research in UK Newspapers.
Trials 2015. Submitted.
- Adams J, Bateman B, Becker F, Cresswell T, Flynn D, McNaughton R, Oluboyede Y, Robalino S, Ternent L, Gardner-Sood B, Michie S, Shucksmith J, Sniehotta FSF, Wigham W. Effectiveness and acceptability of parental financial incentives and quasi-mandatory schemes for increasing uptake of vaccinations in preschool children: systematic review, qualitative study, and discrete choice experiment.
2015. NIHR HTA Report. Submitted.
- McGivern MR, Best KE, Rankin J, Wellesley D, Greenlees R, Addor MC, Arriola L, de Walle H, Barisic I, Beres J, Bianchi F, Calzolari P, Doray B, Draper E, Garne E, Gatt M, Haeusler M, Khoshnood B, Klungsoyr K, Latos-Bielenska A, O'Mahony M, Braz P, McDonnell R, Mullaney C, Nelen V, Queisser-Lift A, Randrianaivo H, Rissman A, Rounding C, Sipek A, Thompson R, Tucker D, Wertelecki W, Martos C. Epidemiology of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in Europe: a register based study.
Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition 2015, 100(2), F137-144.
- Wood CL, Warnell F, Johnson M, Hames A, Pearce MS, McConachie H, Parr JR. Evidence for ASD Recurrence Rates and Reproductive Stoppage From Large UK ASD Research Family Databases.
AUTISM RESEARCH 2015, 8(1), 73-81.
- Hodgson S, Lutz PW, Shirley MD, Bythell M, Rankin J. Exposure misclassification due to residential mobility during pregnancy.
International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 2015. In Press.
- van der Heijden E, Lopes AD, Bryant A, Bekkers R, Galaal K. Follow-up strategies after treatment (large loop excision of the transformation zone (LLETZ)) for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN): Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) test.
COCHRANE DATABASE OF SYSTEMATIC REVIEWS 2015, (1).
- Drinnan M, Powell J, Nikkar-Esfahani A, Heading RC, Doyle J, Griffin SM, Leslie P, Bradley PT, James P, Wilson JA. Gastroesophageal and extraesophageal reflux symptoms: similarities and differences.
Laryngoscope 2015, 125(2), 424-430.
- Whybrow P, Rapley T, Pickard R, Hrisos S. How Men Manage Bulbar Urethral Stricture by Concealing Symptoms.
Qualitative Health Research 2015, Online ahead of print.
- Kolehmainen N. Implementing shared goal setting in practice.
In: Poulsen, A; Ziviani, J; Cuskelly, M, ed. Motivation and goal setting: engaging with children and parents in therapy. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2015. In Press.
- Shan LC, Panagiotopoulos P, Regan Á, De Brún A, Barnett J, Wall P, McConnon Á. Interactive Communication with the Public: Qualitative Exploration of the Use of Social Media by Food and Health Organizations.
Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior 2015, 47(1), 104-108.
- Vernazza CR, Rousseau N, Steele JG, Ellis JS, Thomason JM, Eastham J, Exley C. Introducing high-cost health care to patients: dentists' accounts of offering dental implant treatment.
Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2015, 43(1), 75-85.
- Hilton P, Armstrong N, Brennand C, Howel D, Shen J, Bryant A, Tincello DG, Lucas MG, Buckley BS, Chapple CR, Homer T, Vale L, McColl E. INVESTIGATE-I (INVasive Evaluation before Surgical Treatment of Incontinence Gives Added Therapeutic Effect?): a mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a future randomised controlled trial of invasive urodynamic testing prior to surgery for stress urinary incontinence in women.
Health Technology Assessment 2015, 19(15).
- Ottoffy G, Szigeti E, Bartyik K, Nyari C, Parker L, McNally RJ, Nyari TA. Investigating the relationship between mortality from respiratory diseases and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in Hungary.
Pathology and Oncology Research 2015, 21(1), 53-57.
- Salotti JA, Tennant PWG, Windebank K, Rankin J. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Children with Congenital Anomalies: a population-based record linkage study.
Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology 2015, 103(2), 157-160.
- Holmes RD, Steele JG, Donaldson C, Exley C. Learning from contract change in primary care dentistry: A qualitative study of stakeholders in the north of England.
Health Policy 2015. In Press.
- Duncan R, Francis RM, Jagger C, Kingston A, McCloskey E, Collerton J, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL, Birrell F. Magnitude of fragility fracture risk in the very old – are we meeting their needs? The Newcastle 85+ Study.
Osteoporosis International 2015, 26(1), 123-130.
- Duncan R, Francis RM, Jagger C, Kingston A, McCloskey E, Collerton J, Robinson L, Kirkwood TBL, Birrell F. Magnitude of fragility fracture risk in the very old-are we meeting their needs? The Newcastle 85+Study.
Osteoporosis International 2015, 26(1), 123-130.
- Foster C, Calman L, Grimmett C, Breckons M, Cotterell P, Yardley L, Joseph J, Hughes S, Jones R, Leonidou C, Armes L, Batehup L, Corner J, Fenlon D, Lennan E, Morris C, Neylon A, Ream E, Turner L, Richardson A. Managing fatigue after cancer treatment: development of RESTORE, a web-based resource to support self-management.
Psycho-Oncology 2015, (e-pub ahead of print).
- Gorman GS, Grady JP, Ng Y, Schaefer AM, McNally RJ, Chinnery PF, Man PY, Herbert M, Taylor RW, McFarland R, Turnbull DM. Mitochondrial Donation: How Many Women Could Benefit?.
New England Journal of Medicine 2015, 372(9), 885-887.
- Heaven B, Hobbs N, Evans EH, White M, Meyer T, Mathers JC, Moffatt S. Mobilising Resources for Well-being: Implications for Developing Interventions in the Retirement Transition.
The Gerontologist 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Addison M. Overcoming Arlie Hochschild’s concepts of the ‘real’ and ‘false’ self by drawing on Pierre Bourdieu’s concept of habitus.
TBC 2015. In Preparation.
- Patterson J, Brockbank S, Owen S, Miller N. Pre-treatment Information on Dysphagia: Exploring the Views of Head and Neck Cancer Patients.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2015, 49(1), 89-97.
- Dang VM, Colver A, Dickinson HO, Marcelli M, Michelsen SI, Parkes J, Parkinson K, Rapp M, Arnaud C, Nystrand M, Fauconnier J. Predictors of participation of adolescents with cerebral palsy: A European multi-centre longitudinal study.
Research in Developmental Disabilities 2015, 36, 551-564.
- Tullo E, Khoo TK, Teodorczuk A. Preparing to meet the needs of an ageing population - A challenge to medical educators globally.
Medical Teacher 2015, 37(2), 105-107.
- Brockbank S, Miller N, Owen S, Patterson JM. Pretreatment Information on Dysphagia: Exploring the Views of Head and Neck Cancer Patients.
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2015, 49(1), 89-97.
- Hamilton DW, Bins JE, McMeekin P, Pedersen A, Steen IN, DeSoyza A, Thomson RT, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Quality compared to quantity of life in laryngeal cancer: a time trade off study.
Head and Neck 2015.
- Eichhorn J, Whybrow P, MacInnes J. Quantitative Methods in British Sociology: Evidence of a ‘Critical Deficit?’.
The Royal Statistics Society 2015. Submitted.
- Harbron R, Pearce MS, Salotti JA, McHugh K, McLaren C, Abernethy L, Reed S, O'Sullivan J, Chapple C-L. Radiation doses from fluoroscopically guided cardiac catheterization procedures in children and young adults in the United Kingdom: A multi-centre study.
The British Journal of Radiology 2015.
- Whybrow P, Bramley G, Brown C. Reconsidering Neighbourhood Selection: Insights from a Qualitative Study of Neighbourhood Walkability.
2015. In Preparation.
- Colver A, Rapp M, Eisemann N, Ehlinger V, Thyen U, Dickinson HO, Parkes J, Parkinson K, Nystrand M, Fauconnier J, Marcelli M, Michelsen SI, Arnaud C. Self-reported quality of life of adolescents with cerebral palsy: a cross-sectional and longitudinal analysis.
Lancet 2015, 385(9969), 705-716.
- Granic A, Hill TR, Kirkwood TBL, Davies K, Collerton J, Martin-Ruiz C, von Zglinicki T, Saxby BK, Wesnes KA, Collerton D, Mathers JC, Jagger C. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and cognitive decline in the very old: The Newcastle 85+ study.
European Journal of Neurology 2015, 22(1), 106-e7.
- Siervo M, Prado C, Hooper L, Munro A, Collerton J, Davies K, Kingston A, Mathers JC, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. Serum osmolarity and haematocrit do not modify the association between the impedance index (Ht2/Z) and total body water in the very old: The Newcastle 85+Study.
Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2015, 60(1), 227-232.
- Addison M. Social games and Identity Distinction at work: Playing with class, gender and emotion (contracted).
Houndsmill, Basingstoke and Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. In Preparation.
- Cook JA, Hislop J, Altman DG, Fayers P, Briggs AH, Ramsay CR, Norrie JD, Harvey IM, Buckley B, Fergusson D, Ford I, Vale LD, Delta Group. Specifying the target difference in the primary outcome for a randomised controlled trial: guidance for researchers.
Trials 2015, 16(12).
- Avery L, Flynn D, Dombrowski SU, van Wersch A, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Successful Behavioural Strategies to Increase Physical Activity and Improve Glucose Control in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes.
Diabetic Medicine 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Avery L, Flynn D, Dombrowski SU, van-Wersch A, Sniehotta FF, Trenell MI. Successful Behavioural Strategies to Increase Physical Activity and Improve Glucose Control in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes.
Diabetic Medicine 2015. In Press.
- Killen A, Flynn D, De Brun A, O’Brien J, Thomas AJ, McKeith I, Taylor JP. Support and Information Needs Following a Diagnosis of Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2015. Submitted.
- Mills SDH, White M, Robalino S, Wrieden WL, Brown H, Adams J. Systematic review of the health and social determinants and outcomes of home cooking: protocol.
Systematic Reviews 2015, 4(5).
- Lee R, Thompson B, Whybrow P, Rapley T. Talking About Looking: Interviewing Carers of People with Rheumatoid Arthritis about Information Seeking.
Qualitative Health Research 2015. In Preparation.
- Addison M, Mountford V. Talking the talk and fitting in: Troubling the practices of speaking ‘what you are worth’ in Higher Education in the UK.
Sociological Research Online 2015, May. In Press.
- Embleton ND, Rankin J. The BRACELET study: implications for the design of randomised control trials in neonatal and paediatric intensive care.
Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition 2015, 100, F97-F98.
- Thursz M, Forrest E, Roderick P, Day C, Austin A, OGrady J, Ryder A, Allison M, Gleeson D, McCune A, Patch D, Wright M, Masson S, Richardson P, Hood S, MacGilchrist A, Grant A, Vale L, Mellor J, Stanton L, Bowers M, Ratcliffe I, Downs N, Kirkman S, Homer T, Ternent L, Deverill M. The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of STeroids or Pentoxifylline for Alcoholic Hepatitis (STOPAH): a 2x2 factorial, randomised controlled trial.
Health Technology Assessment 2015. In Press.
- Pearson F, Mann KD, Rees A, Davis A, Pearce MS. The Effect of Childhood Infection on Hearing Function at Age 61 to 63 Years in the Newcastle Thousand Families Study.
EAR AND HEARING 2015, 36(2), 185-190.
- Kingston A, Davies K, Collerton J, Robinson l, Duncan R, Kirkwood TBL, Jagger C. The enduring effect of education–socioeconomic differences in disability trajectories from age 85 years in the Newcastle 85+ Study.
Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2015.
- O'Brien N, McDonald S, Araújo-Soares V, Lara J, Errington L, Godfrey A, Mathers JC, Meyer TD, Rochester L, White M, Sniehotta FF. The features of interventions associated with long-term effectiveness of physical activity interventions in adults aged 55 to 70 years: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Health Psychology Review 2015, e-pub ahead of print.
- Deary V, Carding PN, McColl EM, Miller T, Wilson JA. The systematic development of a complex intervention for functional dysphonia.
PLOS One 2015. Submitted.
- Haighton C, Wilson J. Tonsillectomy or adenotonsillectomy reduces the number of sore throats in children; however, insufficient information is available on the effectiveness in adults.
Evidence-Based Medicine 2015, 20(2), 64.
- Abuhaloob L, Maguire A, Moynihan P. Total daily fluoride intake and the relative contributions of foods, drinks and toothpaste among 3- to 4-year-old children in the Gaza Strip - Palestine.
International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2015, 25(2), 127-135.
- Wigham S, Emerson E. Trauma and Life Events in Adults with Intellectual Disability.
Current Developmental Disorders Reports 2015.
- Nyari C, Nyari TA, McNally RJ. Trends in infant mortality rates in Hungary between 1963 and 2012.
Acta Paediatrica 2015, Epub ahead of print.
- Balendra R, Jones A, Jivraj N, Steen IN, Young CA, Shaw PJ, Turner MR, Leigh PN, Al-Chalabi A, UK-MND LiCALS Study Group, Mito Target ALS Study Group. Use of clinical staging in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis for phase 3 clinical trials.
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2015, 86(1), 45-49.
- Horridge K, Tennant PWG, Balu J, Rankin J. Variation in healthcare for children and young people with cerebral palsies: a retrospective multi-centre audit study.
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2015. In Press.
- Hart RI, Foster HE, McDonagh J, Thompson B, Kay L, Myers A, Rapley T. Young people's decisions about biologic therapies: who influences them and how?.
Rheumatology 2015, (epub ahead of print).