- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 282 3044
- Address: Sir James Spence Institute
Royal Victoria Infirmary
Newcastle Upon Tyne
MSc Developmental Psychopathology (Distinction), 2010
BSc Psychology (1st Class, Hons), 2009
Research assistant / Assistant Psychologist on several projects within IHS, involving children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families.
PACT 7-11, a multisite MRC funded longitudal follow-up of a cohort of children with ASD, who took part in the original Preschool Autism Communication Trial (PACT).
Therapist on projects looking at Virtual reality environments in the treatment of anxiety in children with ASD. This is a collaboration with the SME Third Eye, and is funded through a Newcastle University sponsored Daphne Jackson Fellowship to Dr Morag Maskey
Feasibility Study of new parent group intervention to manage repetitive behaviour in young children with ASD (MRB).
- Pickles A, LeCouteur AS, Leadbitter K, Salomone E, Cole-Fletcher R, Tobin H, Gammer I, Lowry J, Vamvakas G, Byford S, Aldred C, Slonims V, McConachie H, Howlin P, Parr JR, Charman T, Green J. Parent-mediated social communication therapy for young children with autism (PACT): long-term follow-up of a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2016, 388(10059), 2501-2509.
- Grahame V, Brett D, Dixon L, McConachie H, Lowry J, Rodgers J, Steen N, Le Couteur AS. Managing Repetitive Behaviours in Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Pilot Randomised Controlled Trial of a New Parent Group Intervention. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2015, 45(10), 3168-3182.
- Maskey M, Lowry J, Rodgers J, McConachie H, Parr J. Reducing specific phobia/fear in young people with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) through a virtual reality environment intervention. PLoS ONE 2014, 9(7), e100374.