Senior Research Associate
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7047
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 6043
- Address: Institute of Health & Society
Baddiley Clark Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
BSc Hons Psychology (University of London)
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (University of London)
MSc Social Research Methods (University of Surrey)
Psychology Specialists Working with Older People (PSIGE)
- Lee RP, Bamford C, Poole M, McLellan E, Exley C, Robinson L. End of life care for people with dementia: The views of health professionals, social care service managers and frontline staff on key requirements for good practice. PLoS ONE 2017, 12(6), e0179355.
- Parry SW, Bamford C, Deary V, Finch TL, Gray J, MacDonald C, McMeekin P, Sabin NJ, Steen IN, Whitney SL, McColl EM. Cognitive behavioural therapy-based intervention to reduce fear of falling in older people: therapy development and randomised controlled trial the Strategies for Increasing Independence, Confidence and Energy (STRIDE) study. Health Technology Assessment 2016, 20(56), 1-+.
- Thomas AJ, Taylor JP, Mckeith I, Bamford C, Burn D, Allan L, O'Brien J. Development of assessment toolkits for improving the diagnosis of the Lewy body dementias: Feasibility study within the DIAMOND Lewy study. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Bamford C, Olsen K, Davison C, Barnett N, Lloyd J, Williams D, Firbank M, Mason H, Donaldson C, O'Brien J. Is there a preference for PET or SPECT brain imaging in diagnosing dementia? The views of people with dementia, carers, and healthy controls. International Psychogeriatrics 2016, 28(1), 123-131.
- Lee RP, Bamford C, Exley C, Robinson L. Expert views on the factors enabling good end of life care for people with dementia: a qualitative study. BMC Palliative Care 2015, 14(32).
- O'Brien JT, Firbank MJ, Davison C, Barnett N, Bamford C, Donaldson C, Olsen K, Herholz K, Williams D, Lloyd J. 18F-FDG PET and Perfusion SPECT in the Diagnosis of Alzheimer and Lewy Body Dementias. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2014, 55(12), 1959-1965.
- Iliffe S, Robinson AL, Bamford C, Waugh A, Fox C, Livingstone G, Manthorpe J, Stephens B, Brittain K, Chew-Graham C, Katona C. Introducing case management for people with dementia in primary care: a mixed-methods study. British Journal of General Practice 2014, 64(628), e735-e741.
- Finch TL, Bamford C, Deary V, Sabin N, Parry SW. Making sense of a cognitive behavioural therapy intervention for fear of falling: qualitative study of intervention development. BMC Health Services Research 2014, 14, 436.
- Iliffe S, Waugh A, Poole M, Bamford C, Brittain K, Chew-Graham C, Fox C, Katona C, Livingston G, Manthorpe J, Steen N, Stephens B, Hogan V, Robinson L, CAREDEM Research Team. The effectiveness of collaborative care for people with memory problems in primary care: results of the CAREDEM case management modelling and feasibility study. Health Technology Assessment 2014, 18(52).
- Parry SW, Deary V, Finch T, Bamford C, Sabin N, McMeekin P, O'Brien J, Caldwell A, Steen N, Whitney SL, Macdonald C, McColl E. The STRIDE (Strategies to Increase confidence, InDependence and Energy) study: cognitive behavioural therapy-based intervention to reduce fear of falling in older fallers living in the community - study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials 2014, 15, 210.
- Bamford C, Poole M, Brittain K, Chew-Graham K, Fox C, Iliffe S, Manthorpe J, Robinson L, the CAREDEM team. Understanding the challenges to implementing case management for people with dementia in primary care in England: a qualitative study using Normalization Process Theory. BMC Health Services Research 2014, 14, 549.
- Dickinson C, Bamford C, Exley C, Emmett C, Hughes J, Robinson L. Planning for tomorrow whilst living for today: the views of people with dementia and their families on advance care planning. International Psychogeriatrics 2013, 25(12), 2011-2021.
- Robinson L, Dickinson C, Bamford C, Clark A, Hughes J, Exley C. A qualitative study: Professionals' experiences of advance care planning in dementia and palliative care, 'a good idea in theory but...'. Palliative Medicine 2013, 27(5), 401-408.
- Heaven B, Bamford C, May CR, Moynihan P. Food work and feeding assistance on hospital wards. Sociology of Health and Illness 2013, 35(4), 628-642.
- Moynihan P, Macdonald A, Teal G, Methven L, Heaven B, Bamford C. Extending an approach to hospital malnutrition to community care. British Journal of Community Nursing 2012, 17(12), 614-621.
- Macdonald AS, Teal G, Bamford C, Moynihan PJ. Hospitalfoodie: an interprofessional case study of the redesign of the nutritional management and monitoring system for vulnerable older hospital patients. Quality in Primary Care 2012, 20(3), 169-177.
- Bamford C, Heaven B, May CR, Moynihan P. Implementing nutrition guidelines for older people in residential care homes: a qualitative study using Normalization Process Theory. Implementation Science 2012, 7(1), 106.
- Bamford C, Macdonald AS, Teal G. Redesigning hospital food services for vulnerable older patients. Touchpoint, The Journal of Service Design 2012, 3(3), 36-41.
- Kirkley C, Bamford C, Poole M, Arksey H, Hughes J, Bond J. The impact of organisational culture on the delivery of person-centred care in services providing respite care and short breaks for people with dementia. Health and Social Care in the Community 2011, 19(4), 498-448.
- Heaven B, Bamford C, May C, Moynihan P. When 30-40cms becomes a problem: Feeding, food-work and the space between patient and plate on hospital wards. In: Newcastle Human Nutrition Research Centre – research Day. 2010, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Heaven B, Bamford C, May C, Moynihan P. When 30-40cms becomes a problem: Feeding, food-work and the space between patient and plate on hospital wards. . In: British Sociological Association - Medical Sociology Conference. 2010, Durham University, UK.
- Rapley TJ, Heaven B, Bamford C, May C. How the logics of research make researchers a problem: The dynamics of interaction between epistemic communities. In: British Sociological Association: Medical Sociology Conference. 2009, University of Manchester, UK.
- Rapley TJ, Heaven B, Bamford C, May C. How the logics of research make researchers a problem: The dynamics of interaction between epistemic communities. In: Follow the conflict: Ethnography in fields of tension, ethnography as field of tension. 2009, Department of European Ethnology, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- Bamford C, Heaven B, May C, Moynihan P. Implementing healthier menus in care homes for older people. In: Gerontological Society of America 62nd Annual Scientific Meeting. 2009, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Bamford C, Lamont S, Eccles M, Robinson L, May C, Bond J. Disclosing a diagnosis of dementia: A systematic review. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2004, 19(2), 151-169.
- Nicholas E, Qureshi H, Bamford C. Outcomes Into Practice: Focusing Practice and Information on the Outcomes People Value: a Resource Pack for Managers and Trainers. University of York, York, UK: Social Policy Research Unit, 2004.
- Coady DA, Bamford C, Walker DJ, Kay LJ. Examination Skills for Medical Students: Results of a National Questionnaire. Rheumatology 2003, 42(S1), 68.
- Clare L, Bamford C, Harris P. Involving people with dementia in research and service development. In: 56th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America. 2003, San Diego, CA: Oxford University Press.
- McColl E, Jacoby A, Thomas L, Soutter J, Bamford C, Steen N, Thomas R, Harvey E, Garratt A, Bond J. Design and use of questionnaires: A review of best practice applicable to surveys of health service staff and patients. Health Technology Assessment 2002, 5(31), 1-250.
- Coady DA, Bamford C, Walker DJ, Kay LJ. Examination skills for medical students: Results of a pilot questionnaire. In: Arthritis & Rheumatism: 66th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology. 2002, New Orleans, Lousiana, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Eccles M, Bamford C, Bond J, Robinson L. Improving the detection of dementia in primary care: A case control study. In: 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America. 2002, Boston, MA: Oxford University Press.
- Bamford C, Bruce E. Success and challenges in using focus groups with older people with dementia. In: Wilkinson, H, ed. The Perspectives of People with Dementia: Research Methods and Motivations. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2002, pp.139-164.
- Lamont S, Bamford C, May C, Bond J, Eccles M. The role of priming networks in diagnostic disclosure in dementia. In: 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America. 2002, Boston, MA: Oxford University Press.
- Heaton J, Bamford C. Assessing the outcomes of equipment and adaptations: Issues and approaches. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2001, 64(7), 346-356.
- Bamford C, May C, Eccles M, Bond J. Dementia: views of clinicians in primary and secondary care. In: 54th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America. 2001, Chicago, IL: Oxford University Press.
- Bamford C, Lamont S. Improving diagnosis of dementia in primary care. Journal of Dementia Care 2001, 9(6), 37-.
- McColl E, Jacoby A, Thomas L, Soutter J, Bamford C, Steen N, Thomas R, Harvey E, Garratt A, Bond J. The conduct and design of questionnaire surveys in healthcare research. In: Stevens, AJ; Abrams, KR; Brazier, J; Fitzpatrick, R; Lilford, RJ, ed. The Advanced Handbook of Methods in Evidence Based Healthcare. London: Sage, 2001, pp.247-271.
- Harris J, Bamford C. The Uphill Struggle: Services for Deaf and hard of hearing people - Issues of equality, participation and access. Disability and Society 2001, 16(7), 969-979.
- Bamford C, Bruce E. Defining the outcomes of community care: the perspectives of older people with dementia and their carers. Ageing and Society 2000, 20(5), 543-570.
- Buck D, Resource Implications, Bamford C, Bond J, Gregson B. Psychological morbidity among informal caregivers of older people: a 2-year follow-up study. The Resource Implications Study Group of the MRC study of cognitive function and ageing. Psychological Medicine 2000, 30(4), 943-955.
- E. McColl,A. Jacoby,L. Thomas,J. Soutter,C. Bamford,A. Garratt,E. Harvey,R. Thomas,J. Bond. Designing and using patient and staff questionnaires. In: N. Black;J. Brazier;R. Fitzpatrick;B. Reeves, ed. Methods for health care services research. London: BMJ Books, 1998, pp.46-58.
- P. McNamee,B. Gregson,K. Wright,D. Buck,C.H. Bamford,J. Bond. Estimation of a multiproduct cost function for physically frail older people. Health Economics 1998, 7, 701-710.
- RIS MRC CFAS Resource Implications Study Group of the Medical Research Council Cognitive Function and Ageing Study, Buck D., Gregson B.A., Bamford C.H., McNamee P., Farrow G.N. et al. Psychological distress among informal supporters of frail older people at home and in institutions. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 1997, 12, 737-744.