Principal Scientist (Evidence Synthesis)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3800
Dawn leads the Evidence Synthesis Group within IHS, is a senior member of the Health Economics Group and Deputy Director of the NIHR Innovation Observatory. Her research interest in health technology assessment methodologies focuses on the areas of evidence synthesis (including systematic review and meta-analysis, network meta-analysis and decision modelling/economic evaluation), the use and reporting of methods of evidence synthesis techniques in health; and the role and usefulness of economic evaluation/decision modelling in decision making. She has a broader research interest in implementation and service delivery. She has undertaken research in a very wide variety of areas including hospital acquired infection, psoriatic arthritis, service delivery interventions, osteoporosis, frozen shoulder, epilepsy, child growth monitoring, enhanced recovery programmes and breastfeeding promotion.
She is a co-convenor of the Cochrane Campbell Economic Methods group and member of the Cochrane Comparing Multiple Interventions group. Prior to joining Newcastle University she led a team of health economists at the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, leading on the NHS Economic Evaluation Database and the conducted appraisals of new and existing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
MSc. Public Health and Health Services Research
HSC8055: Introduction to Systematic Reviewing and Critical Appraisal - module leader & lecturer
Clinical Postgraduate Training
MCR8002: Introduction to Research Study Design and Statistics - lecturer
- Corbett M, Heirs M, Rose M, Smith A, Stirk L, Richardson G, Stark D, Swinson D, Craig D, Eastwood A. The delivery of chemotherapy at home: an evidence synthesis. Health Services and Delivery Research 2015, 3(14).
- Craig D. The potential for meta-analysis to support decision analysis in ecology. Research Synthesis Methods 2015, 6(2), 122-123.
- Chambers D, Paton F, Wilson P, Eastwood A, Craig D, Fox D, Jayne D, McGinnes E. An overview and methodological assessment of systematic reviews and meta-analyses of enhanced recovery programmes in colorectal surgery. BMJ Open 2014, 4(5), e005014.
- Paton F, Chambers D, Wilson P, Eastwood A, Craig D, Fox D, Jayne D, McGinnes E. Effectiveness and implementation of enhanced recovery after surgery programmes: a rapid evidence synthesis. BMJ Open 2014, 4(7), e005015.
- Booth AM, Craig D. Designing and registering the review. In: Giuseppe Biondi-Zoccai, ed. Network Meta-Analysis: Evidence Synthesis with Mixed Treatment Comparison. Nova Science Publishers Inc, 2014, pp.45-62.
- Burch J, Rice S, Yang HQ, Neilson A, Stirk L, Francis R, Holloway P, Selby P, Craig D. Systematic review of the use of bone turnover markers for monitoring the response to osteoporosis treatment: the secondary prevention of fractures, and primary prevention of fractures in high-risk groups. Health Technology Assessment 2014, 18(11), 1-206.
- Craig D, Rice S, Paton F, Fox D, Woolacott N. Retigabine for the Adjunctive Treatment of Adults with Partial-Onset Seizures in Epilepsy with and without Secondary Generalization. PharmacoEconomics 2013, 31(2), 101 - 110.
- Wade R, Rose M, Neilson AR, Strik L, Rodriguez-Lopex R, Bowen D, Craig D, Woolacott W. Ruxolitinib for the Treatment of Myelofibrosis: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics 2013, 31(10), 841 - 852.
- Yang H, Craig D, Epstein D, Bojke L, Light K, Bruce IN, Sculpher M, Woolacott N. Golimumab for the Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. Pharmacoeconomics 2012, 30(4), 257-270.
- Maund E, Craig D, Suekarran S, Neilson AR, Wright K, Brealey S, Dennis L, Goodchild L, Hanchard N, Rangan A, Richardson G, Robertson J, McDaid C. Management of frozen shoulder: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. Health Techonology Assessment 2012, 16(11).
- Bojke L, Epstein D, Craig D, Rodgers M, Woolacott N, Yang H, Sculpher M. Modelling the cost-effectiveness of biologic treatments for psoriatic arthritis. Rheumatology 2011, 50 Suppl 4, iv39-iv47. In Press.