- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7359
Eoin joined the Institute of Health and Society (IHS) in November 2013. Prior to this he worked in the Health Economics Unit at the University of Birmingham, working on one of the Unit's main methodological themes of health modelling research. He holds an MSc in Health Economics from University College Cork and a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from University College Cork. His main research interests are economic evaluation, economic modelling and evidence synthesis.
MSc. Health Economics, University College of Cork (2012)
BComm (Hons), University College Cork (2011)
Eoin is currently carrying out economic evaluations for the following studies:
- Multicentre, open label, prospective, single arm study of the safety and impact of eculizumab withdrawal in patients with atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Surgical Treatments for women with Stress Urinary Incontinence: An evidence synthesis (ESTER)
- Assessing BD OneFlow cost-effectiveness in leukaemia diagnosis - Evaluation of BD OneFlow flow cytometry reagent tubes for the diagnosis of patients with chronic lymphoid leukaemia
Eoin has provided support to the teaching of modules on the MSc in Health Economics and Health Policy at the University of Birmingham. He currently teaches on the health economics module delivered as part of the MSc in Public Health and Health Services Research at Newcastle University.
Eoin has acted as a second supervisor to two students completing their MSc dissertations for the MSc in Health Economics and Health Policy at the University of Birmingham.
- Bell R, Glinianaia S, van der Waal Z, Close A, Moloney E, Jones S, Araújo-Soares V, Hamilton S, Milne E, Shucksmith J, Vale L, Willmore M, White M, Rushton S. Evaluation of a complex healthcare intervention to increase smoking cessation in pregnant women: interrupted time series analysis with economic evaluation. Tobacco Control 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Wade R, Rice S, Llewellyn A, Moloney E, Jones-Diette J, Stoniute J, Wright K, Layton A, Levell N, Stansby G, Craig D, Woolacott N. Interventions for hyperhidrosis in secondary care: a systematic review and value-of-information analysis. 2017. Health Technology Assessment Volume: 21, Issue:80.
- McParlin C, O'Donnell A, Robson SC, Beyer F, Moloney E, Bryant A, Bradley J, Muirhead CR, Nelson-Piercy C, Newbury-Birch D, Norman J, Shaw C, Simpson E, Swallow B, Yates L, Vale L. Treatments for Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy: A Systematic Review. Journal of the American Medical Association 2016, 316(13), 1392-1401.
- O'Donnell A, McParlin C, Robson SC, Beyer F, Moloney E, Bryant A, Bradley J, Muirhead C, Nelson-Piercy C, Newbury-Birch D, Norman J, Simpson E, Swallow B, Yates L, Vale L. Treatments for hyperemesis gravidarum and nausea and vomiting in pregnancy: a systematic review and economic assessment. London: NIHR Journals Library, 2016. Health Technology Assessment.
- McParlin C, O'Donnell A, Robson S, Beyer F, Moloney E, Bryant A, Bradley J, Muirhead C, Nelson-Peircey C, Newbury-Birch D, Norman J, Simpson E, Swallow B, Yates L, Vale L. A systematic review of the clinical-effectiveness of interventions for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. In: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS) 17th Annual Conference 2015. 2015, London, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Moloney E, Newham JJ. How we can manage the ‘cost’of perinatal mental health before it’s too late. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology 2015, 33(4), 321-324.
- Lordkipanidze M, Dretzke J, Riley R, Jowett S, O'Donnell J, Ensor J, Moloney E, Price M, Raichand S, Hodgkinson J, Bayliss S, Moore D, Fitzmaurice D. The prognostic utility of platelet function testing for the detection of 'aspirin resistance' in patients with established cardiovascular disease. In: XXV Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 2015, Toronto, Canada: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Dretzke J, Riley R, Lordkipanidze M, Jowett S, O'Donnell J, Ensor J, Moloney E, Price M, Raichand S, Hodgkinson J, Bayliss S, Fitzmaurice D, Moore D. The prognostic and diagnostic utility of tests of platelet function for the detection of "aspirin resistance" in patients with established cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Southampton: National Coordinating Centre for Health Technology Assessment, 2014. Health Technology Assessment.