Dr Frances Hillier-Brown
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8306
- Address: Institute of Health & Society
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am a public health researcher with strong interests in nutrition, obesity, and health inequalities. I currently work on the Norface funded grant 'HiNEWS' which examines health inequalities in Europe with partners in Norway, USA and Germany.
I am an experienced systematic reviewer and have been involved in complex intervention development and evaluation, using a range of mixed-methods. I have recently worked on the NIHR School for Public Health Research funded 'Foodscape' project and assisted in the development of the Public Health England funded the Equal North research and practice network. I previously managed the Food Standards Agency funded 'Community Challenge Project' that aimed to improve healthy eating and physical activity behaviours in adults living in Teesside.
I am a member of Fuse (The Centre for Translational Research in Public Health) and the Association for the Study of Obesity.
- Hillier-Brown FC, Summerbell CD, Moore HJ, Wrieden WL, Adams J, Abraham C, Adamson A, Araujo-Soares V, White M, Lake AA. A description of interventions promoting healthier ready-to-eat meals (to eat in, to take away, or to be delivered) sold by specific food outlets in England: a systematic mapping and evidence synthesis. BMC Public Health 2017, 17, 93.
- Hillier-Brown F, Summerbell CD, Moore H, Routen A, Lake AA, Adams J, White M, Araujo-Soares V, Abraham C, Adamson AJ, Brown TJ. The impact of interventions to promote healthier ready-to-eat meals (to eat in, to take away, or to be delivered) sold by specific food outlets open to the general public: a systematic review. Obesity Reviews 2017, 18(2), 227-246.
- Goffe L, Hillier-Brown F, Doherty A, Wrieden W, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Comparison of sodium content of meals served by independent takeaways using standard versus reduced holed salt shakers: Cross-sectional study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2016, 13, 102.
- Goffe L, Wrieden W, Penn L, Hillier-Brown F, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Reducing the salt added to takeaway food: within-subjects comparison of salt delivered by five and 17 holed salt shakers in controlled conditions. PLoS One 2016, 11(9), e0163093.
- Adams J, Hillier-Brown FC, Moore HJ, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, White M, Summerbell C. Searching and synthesising ‘grey literature’ and ‘grey information’ in public health: critical reflections on three case studies. Systematic Reviews 2016, 5(164), 1-11.
- Smith SA, Lake AA, Summerbell C, Araujo-Soares V, Hillier-Brown F. The effectiveness of workplace dietary interventions: Protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews 2016, 5(1), 20.
- Cairns J, Bambra C, Hillier-Brown F, Moore H, Summerbell C. Weighing up the evidence: a systematic review of the effectiveness of workplace interventions to tackle socio-economic inequalities in obesity. Journal of Public Health 2015, 37(4), 659-670.
- Hillier-Brown F, Bambra C, Cairns J, Kasim A, Moore H, Summerbell C. A systematic review of the effectiveness of individual, community and societal level interventions at reducing socioeconomic inequalities in obesity amongst children. BMC Public Health 2014, 14, 834.
- Hillier-Brown FC, Moore HJ, Lake AL, Adamson AJ, White M, Adams J, Araujo-Soares V, Abraham C, Summerbell CD. The effectiveness of interventions targeting specific out-of-home food outlets: protocol for a systematic review. Systematic Reviews 2014, 3(17).
- Smith SA, Visram S, O'Malley C, Summerbell C, Araujo-Soares V, Hillier-Brown F, Lake AA. Designing equitable workplace dietary interventions: perceptions of intervention deliverers. BMC Public Health 2017, 17, 808.
- Scott S, Reilly J, Giles EL, Hillier-Brown F, Ells L, Kaner E, Adamson A. Socio-ecological influences on adolescent (aged 10-17) alcohol use and linked unhealthy eating behaviours: Protocol for a systematic review and synthesis of qualitative studies. Systematic Reviews 2017, 6(1), 180.