- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7739
- Address: Human Nutrition Research Centre
Institute of Health & Society
University of Newcastle
M1.151 William Leech Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Louis has been a researcher in the University since 2008. He has a BSc (Hons) in biology and ecology from The University of Edinburgh, MSc degree in geographical information systems (GIS) from the University of Leeds, and is currently on the final stretch of a PhD in public health on the subject of the role of takeaways in the obesity epidemic.
He has worked on a diverse range of projects and was based in the School of Biology for his first four years studying bumblebee behaviour in agricultural environments, primarily utilising his GIS and remote sensing skills. Since his move to the Institute for Health and Society he has focused on obesity and the environment, specifically our food environment, looking at the development and feasibility testing of interventions to promote healthier takeaway, pub or restaurant food. Additionally, he has contributed to projects in environmental epidemiology, sustainable diets, alcohol and obesity and dietary patterns analysis.
- Goffe L, Rushton S, White M, Adamson A, Adams J. Relationship between mean daily energy intake and frequency of consumption of out-of-home meals in the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey. The International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2017, 14(1), 131.
- Goffe L, Hillier-Brown F, Doherty A, Wrieden W, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Comparison of sodium content of meals served by independent takeaways using standard versus reduced holed salt shakers: Cross-sectional study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2016, 13, 102.
- Goffe L, Wrieden W, Penn L, Hillier-Brown F, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, Summerbell C, White M, Adamson AJ, Adams J. Reducing the salt added to takeaway food: within-subjects comparison of salt delivered by five and 17 holed salt shakers in controlled conditions. PLoS One 2016, 11(9), e0163093.
- Adams J, Goffe L, Brown T, Lake AA, Summerbell C, White M, Wrieden W, Adamson AJ. Frequency and socio-demographic correlates of eating meals out and take-away meals at home: cross-sectional analysis of the UK national diet and nutrition survey, waves 1-4 (2008-12). International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12, 51.
- Adams J, Goffe L, Adamson AJ, Halligan J, O'Brien N, Purves R, Stead M, Stocken D, White M. Prevalence and socio-demographic correlates of cooking skills in UK adults: cross-sectional analysis of data from the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12(99).
- Goffe LA, Rushton SP, White M. What Factors Drive Unhealthy Diet? Novel Analysis of Food Frequency Questionnaire Data using Canonical Correspondence Analysis. In: Society for Social Medicine 57th Annual Scientific Meeting. 2013, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Brighton and Hove, UK: BMJ Publishing Group.
- Sanderson RA, Goffe LA, Leifert C. Time-series models to quantify short-term effects of meteorological conditions on bumblebee forager activity in agricultural landscapes. Agricultural and Forest Entomology 2015, 17(3), 270–276.
- Cussans J, Goulson D, Sanderson R, Goffe L, Darvill B, Osborne JL. Two Bee-Pollinated Plant Species Show Higher Seed Production when Grown in Gardens Compared to Arable Farmland. PLoS One 2010, 5(7), e11753.
- Goulson D, Lepais O, O'Connor S, Osborne JL, Sanderson RA, Cussans J, Goffe L, Darvill B. Effects of land use at a landscape scale on bumblebee nest density and survival. Journal of Applied Ecology 2010, 47(6), 1207-1215.
- Lepais O, Darvill B, O'Connor S, Osborne JL, Sanderson RA, Cussans J, Goffe L, Goulson D. Estimation of bumblebee queen dispersal distances using sibship reconstruction method. Molecular Ecology 2010, 19(4), 819-831.
- Dadvand P, Ruston S, Diggle PJ, Goffe L, Rankin J, Pless-Mulloli T. Using spatio-temporal modelling to predict long-term exposure to black smoke at fine spatial and temporal scale. Atmospheric Environment 2011, 45(3), 659-664.
- Wrieden WL, Leinonen I, Barton KL, Halligan J, Goffe L. Is the UK diet sustainable? Assessing the environmental impact, cost and nutritional quality of household food purchases. In: Irish Section Meeting. What governs what we eat?. 2017, Queen's University Belfast: Cambridge University Press.