Health Foundation Doctoral Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7821
- Address: Institute of Health & Society
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am working towards a PhD. The aim of my research is to explore what preferences and trade-offs would society be willing to make if Emergency Medical Services were reorganised, what are the implications in terms of quality and cost of care for current versus potential alternate service configurations, and which potential service configurations would make best use of available resources.
MSc PH (Health Economics & Financial Management), Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland (2008)
Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Sheffield, United Kingdom (2007)
Bachelors in Public Health (BPH), Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University, Nepal (2004)
Research Assistant, Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment (HEHTA) Team, University of Glasgow, UK (September 2013-February 2014)
Research Associate, Division of Health and Social Care Research, King’s College London, UK (April 2010-September 2013)
Research Officer, Public Health Network Office, NHS Cambridgeshire, UK (January 2009-April 2010)
Economic evaluations of public health interventions and health services reconfigurations; health outcome valuation; the use of discrete choice experiments.
- Bhattarai N, McMeekin P, Price C, Vale L. Economic evaluations on centralisation of specialised healthcare services: a systematic review of methods. BMJ Open 2016, 6(5), e011214.
- Gulliford MC, Bhattarai N, Charlton J, Rudisill C. Cost-effectiveness of a universal strategy of brief dietary intervention for primary prevention in primary care: population-based cohort study and Markov model. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 2014, 12(4).
- Gulliford MC, Charlton J, Bhattarai N, Charlton C, Rudisill C. Impact and cost-effectiveness of a universal strategy to promote physical activity in primary care: population-based Cohort study and Markov model. The European Journal of Health Economics 2014, 15(4), 341-351.
- Gulliford M, Charlton J, Bhattarai N, Rudisill C. Social and material deprivation and the cost-effectiveness of an intervention to promote physical activity: cohort study and Markov model. Journal of Public Health 2014, 36(4), 674-683.
- Bhattarai N, Prevost AT, Wright AJ, Charlton J, Rudisill C, Gulliford MC. Effectiveness of interventions to promote healthy diet in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. BMC Public Health 2013, 13, 1203.
- Charlton J, Rudisill C, Bhattarai N, Gulliford M. Impact of deprivation on occurrence, outcomes and health care costs of people with multiple morbidity. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy 2013, 18(4), 215-23.
- Bhattarai N, Charlton J, Rudisill C, Gulliford MC. Prevalence of depression and utilization of health care in single and multiple morbidity: a population-based cohort study. Psychological Medicine. Psychological Medicine 2013, 43(7), 1423-31.
- Bhattarai N, Charlton J, Rudisill C, Gulliford MC. Coding, Recording and Incidence of Different Forms of Coronary Heart Disease in Primary Care. PLoS ONE 2012, 7(1), e29776.