- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 2088440
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs/people/profile/rose.watson
- Address: Institute of Health and Society
Baddiley Clark Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
MSc Social Research, Northumbria University, 2009
BSc (Hons) Sociology and Social Research, Northumbria University, 2008
Research Group Membership
Decision Making and Organisation of Care
I am also a member of the Early Career Researcher Group Committee in the Institute of Health and Society
I am interested in using qualitative methods to explore various areas of service design, development and disability. I have a particular interest in young people and their transition from childhood to adulthood.
I work as a Research Assistant on:
GPED: General Practitioners in the Emergency Department
e-TIPS: early therapy in perinatal stroke
MAGIC III: Making good decisions in collaboration with patients
DARE: Aortic Aneurysm Repair - Decision making
Transition: How can we facilitate the move from children's to adult health services for young people with complex health needs
- Watson R, Parr J, Joyce C, May C, LeCouteur A. Models of transitional care for young people with complex health needs: a scoping review. Child: Care, Health and Development 2011, 37(6), 780-791.
- Lee RP, Hart RI, Watson RM, Rapley T. Qualitative synthesis in practice: some pragmatics of meta-ethnography. Qualitative Research 2015, 15(3), 334-350.
- Watson RM, Pennington L. Assessment and management of the communication difficulties of children with cerebral palsy: a UK survey of SLT practice. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders 2015, 50(2), 241-259.
- Basu A, Pearse JE, Baggaley J, Watson RM, Rapley T. Establishing the ingredients and mode of delivery of an early therapy intervention in perinatal stroke. In: British Paediatric Neurology Association Annual Meeting. 2017, Cambridge: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Basu A, Pearse J, Baggaley J, Watson R, Rapley T. Participatory design in the development of an early therapy intervention for perinatal stroke. BMC Pediatrics 2017, 17, 33.
- Colver AF, Merrick H, Deverill M, Lecouteur A, Parr J, Pearce MS, Rapley T, Vale L, Watson R, McConachie H, on behalf of the Transition Collaborative Group. Study protocol: longitudinal study of the transition of young people with complex health needs from child to adult health services. BMC Public Health 2013, 13(1), 675.