Dr Susan Bowett
School Manager - NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 7194
- Address: Institute of Health & Society
William Leech Building M1.151
Newcastle upon Tyne
About NIHR SPHR
Established in April 2012, the NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR) is a partnership between 8 leading centres of academic public health research excellence. From 2017, the member centres are as follows: the Universities of Sheffield, Bristol, Cambridge, Imperial and University College London; The London School for Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM); the LiLaC collaboration between the Universities of Liverpool and Lancaster and Fuse; The Centre for Translational Research in Public Health, a collaboration between Newcastle, Durham, Northumbria, Sunderland and Teesside Universities.With a total budget of £20 million over 5 years, the School aims to build the evidence base for effective public health practice by bringing together England’s leading public health research expertise in one virtual organisation.
Role & responsibilities
I work with the SPHR Director, Professor Ashley Adamson, to lead the strategic development and delivery of the NIHR funded School for Public Health Research to ensure the deliverables and objectives of the School are achieved.
Research Project Manager, Newcastle Clinical Trials Unit (Newcastle University)
Acting Operations Manager, Newcastle Clinical Trials Unit (Newcastle University)
Department Manager (two departments) - Perinatal Imaging & Health and Cardiovascular Imaging (King's College London)
Clinical Research Facilitator (Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust/Institute of Child Health, UCL)
Grants Adviser (Wellcome Trust)
PhD Medical Sciences (Newcastle University)
BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science – Pharmacology (University of Aberdeen)
- Pinder EM, Rostron AJ, Hellyer TP, Ruchaud-Sparagano MH, Scott J, Macfarlane JG, Wiscombe S, Widdrington JD, Allen T, Roy AI, Linnett VC, Baudouin SV, Wright SE, Chadwick T, Fouweather A, Bowett S, Parker J, Corris PA, McAuley DF, Morris AC, Simpson AJ. Randomised Controlled Trial Of Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor In Critically Ill Patients With Impaired Neutrophil Function. In: American Thoracic Society 2016 International Conference. 2016, San Francisco: American Thoracic Society.
- Harrison SA, Cheek TR, Thwaites DT. Retinoic acid-induced changes in amino acid transport in human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. In: Proceedings of the Physiological Society. 2006, University of Manchester.
- Harrison SA, McArdle HJ, Waters LH. Regulation of P2X7 purinergic receptor protein expression by iron status in trophoblast cells. In: Proceedings of The Physiological Society. 2004, University of Cambridge.