Science, Agriculture and Engineering
Newcastle has a strong tradition of welcoming Science, Agriculture and Engineering students onto its study abroad programmes. Our Science, Agriculture and Engineering Faculty offers a vast range of undergraduate module choices for
- any students who want to study in an environment defined by cutting edge facilities and researchers. Biology students, for example, have access to field stations, a botanical garden, two farms, a food laboratory and the School has close links with the Institute for Research on Environment and Sustainability. The faculty is also home to a well resourced and broad based marine school.
- any students in a Science Degree Programme, wanting to take courses that are not offered at the home university but may still fulfil home requirements.
- Science students who want to take extra modules in this field. While students are required to take at least 2 modules in their degree programme, they are more than welcome to take classes in other areas.
Students are able to take modules from a wide range of subject areas:
In addition, students are able to take additional modules outside of their main area.
Eligibility criteria is for students who
- have studied at their home university for at least a year
- are currently enrolled
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) or higher
- Non Native English Speakers - IELTS level 6.5 or higher OR TOEFL score of 575 (90 IBT) or higher.
In the academic year 2012-13, the fees are set as follows:
|Study Abroad Programme
|Science, Agriculture & Engineering
Students from our Partner
Institutions qualify for discounts. Contact the Study Abroad Office at your
home institution for more information. Convert to your home currency
Please see the academic semester/year
dates to find out when they begin.
How to Apply
Please see the academic semester/year dates; your semester dates will be the ones called ‘SEMESTER ONE’ and ‘SEMESTER TWO’. For those coming here for semester one only and whose next semester back home starts early in the next calendar year, your semester end date will the one mentioned under ‘AUTUMN’.
Please contact the Study Abroad