Academic Semester or Year
Step 1: Apply
Applications for the Study Abroad Programme are made via our secure online application portal. To be given access to this portal you need to contact the Study Abroad Team. You will need to prepare the following items as part of your application:
- certified copies of your academic transcripts
- an IELTS test score (non-native English speakers only)
- an academic reference
- colour-scan copy of your passport
(valid until at least 6 months after the end of your programme)
- a list of the classes you wish to take whilst at Newcastle
- a list of the classes you are currently taking
- Fine Arts applicants are asked to include a portfolio of their work
- Architecture applicants are asked to include a portfolio of their work
- Music applicants are asked to include a recording of themselves performing
- For entry into semester one (September–January), apply by 1 May
- For entry into semester two (January–June), apply by 31 October
Step 2: Confirmed receipt, offer e-mail and acceptance
An e-mail will be sent to confirm receipt of your application. If you meet the entrance requirements and have been selected by the school, we will e-mail you an offer of a place.
Step 3: Apply for accommodation
Now you will need to apply online for accommodation
Step 4: You may need to apply for a visa
Once you have the offer letter and accommodation information, you will then be able to apply for a visa and make your travel arrangements.
English Language Plus Academic Semester (INTO Newcastle University)
Step 1: Apply
- Submit an online application with a statement of your previous university studies and a personal statement explaining which subject areas you would like to study during part two of the course.
- We will contact you within 48 working hours to let you know the outcome of your application.
Step 2: Accommodation
After you have paid all fees in full, you are allocated housing and will receive the relevant information.
For general information on applying for a visa, visit our visa pages.