Academic Semester or Year
Step 1: Apply
Download an application form and prepare the following items:
- certified copies of your academic transcripts
- an IELTS test score (non-native English speakers only)
- an academic reference
- colour-scan copy of your passport
(valid until at least 6 months after the end of your programme)
- a list of the classes you wish to take whilst at Newcastle
- a list of the classes you are currently taking
- Fine Arts applicants are asked to include a portfolio of their work
- For entry into semester one (September–January), apply by 1 May
- For entry into semester two (January–June), apply by 31 October
- Applications can be sent either to Newcastle University, handed in to the partner university’s office, or e-mailed as scanned documents.
Step 2: Confirmed receipt, offer e-mail and acceptance
An e-mail will be sent to confirm receipt of your application. If you meet the entrance requirements and have been selected by the school, we will e-mail you an offer of a place.
Step 3: Apply for accommodation
Now you will need to apply online for accommodation
Step 4: You may need to apply for a visa
Once you have the offer letter and accommodation information, you will then be able to apply for a visa and make your travel arrangements.
English Language Plus Academic Semester (INTO Newcastle University)
Step 1: Apply
- Submit an online application with a statement of your previous university studies and a personal statement explaining which subject areas you would like to study during part two of the course.
- We will contact you within 48 working hours to let you know the outcome of your application.
Step 2: Accommodation
After you have paid all fees in full, you are allocated housing and will receive the relevant information.
For general information on applying for a visa, visit our visa pages.