Visa & Immigration Information for Prospective Students
English Language requirements for courses at Newcastle
Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) letter
- Undergraduate CAS letters - are provided by email between the beginning of June and the end of August of the year you intend to begin your studies. You need to have received your Unconditional Firm ('UF') offer before a CAS can be issued.
- Postgraduate CAS letters - are usually issued within 1 week of your Confirmation of Place (CoP) letter. Please check your Confirmation letter carefully and inform our Postgraduate Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org of any errors immediately.
- CAS letters are issued no earlier than 6 months before the start date of your course.
Once you are in the UK
Once you have arrived in the UK, you will need to:
- Ensure you have a copy of your decision letter informing you that your visa application has been successful
- Find out which Post Office you are required to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) visa from
- Check your personal details and visa conditions are correct once you have collected your BRP visa
You must ensure that you have made every effort to collect the BRP visa prior to your registration.
Employment in the UK
Further information on immigration
If you can't find the information that you are looking for and would like further help please contact the Visa Team.