Intellectual Property (IP) protection and Technology Transfer activities have become an integral part of our research environment through developing awareness and understanding of the commercial potential and opportunities for third strand activity. The University has a number of IP and Commercialisation specialists who have a wide range of technical, commercial, marketing, business, corporate finance, management and legal skills to assist in this area. To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of research areas currently contributing to our commercialisation pipeline and IP portfolio include:
- Medical Implants – development of microelectrode arrays for cortical and retinal recording and stimulation as the basis of medical implants.
- Visual Neuroscience – methods for highlighting information in complex visual environments.
- Psychiatric Therapy – development of a training programme to enable psychiatric nurses to deliver Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for the treatment of Schizophrenia.
- Neural Computation and Network Systems – development of a more effective and efficient rehabilitation plan for varying disorders of cortical function.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Measures – identification of biomarkers for diagnostic and therapeutic intervention of various neurological disorders.
- Psychopharmacology of Addiction – developing and testing compounds for the treatment of nicotine addiction.
- Neurotoxicology – understanding the relationship between environmental chemical exposure and psychobiology with the aim of developing compounds which could potentially protect the brain from such exposure.
If you are interested in learning more about the Technology Transfer activities contact email@example.com.