Project Support/Recruitment Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0) 191 208 8795
- Address: Institute of Neuroscience
Newcastle upon Tyne
2014 - present: Provide admin support for Prof Jenny Read and her research groups
- Provide administrative support to the ASTEROID project, including personal secretarial support to the Principal Investigator and the research group.
- Monitor the project risks and budget.
- Purchasing, producing expenditure reports and manage project staff expense claims.
- Liaise with both internal and external contacts.
- Assist with preparation of reports for deadlines set by funding bodies by organising and process documentation.
- Accurately recording and distributing minutes for all meeting groups involved in the project.
- Co-ordinate internal/external events, workshops and meetings.
- Develop and maintain project website, Twitter and Facebook sites, shared research space and contact lists. This includes: updating news and information; uploading details of publications and presentations.
- Produce publicity materials including: videos, fliers, posters, banners and information leaflets.
- Support recruitment and participation of patients, including being the first point of contact handling telephone and email queries from patients/parents/public.
2012 - 2014: Internal/External Liaison Assistant, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University
- Processed large quantities of orders using the University procurement system in an expert buyer capacity, which entailed: investigating invoicing discrepancies; resolving queries with suppliers and requesters/end users; as well as completing goods receipts.
- Promoted the Institute’s activity within the University. I developed and maintained relationships with external organisations and managed public-facing media outlets including: the Institute website, weekly newsletters, social media platforms and brochures.
- Administered events: liaising with speakers and guests; producing publicity materials and programmes; negotiating sponsorship with external organisations; managing expenses and venue/room bookings.
- Supported the arrangement of school student placements with the Institute Manager and academic members of staff.