- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Website: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/bethanyannlittle
- Address: Institute of Neuroscience
Henry Wellcome Building
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am currently working as a Research Assistant with Dr Peter Gallagher, assisting on several projects. Projects include: examining physical activity and social interaction in older adults and the relationship with cognition, mood and brain function; investigating how emotional facial expressions are processed in different contexts using eye tracking techniques; examining metacognition in Bipolar disorder; and investigating neurocognitive deficits in patients with Schizophrenia and role of Formal Thought Disorder.
MA(Hons) Psychology (First Class), University of Glasgow, 2012.
MSc Cognitive Neuropsychology (Research), cum laude, Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam, 2016.
I was awarded the VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) scholarship during my Master's studies.
I completed my Master's thesis at Durham University as part of the Erasmus Plus Internship Programme. I completed a project investigating cognitive (animacy) processing and fear processing in youths with Callous-Unemotional traits using cognitive and psychophysiological measures, supervised by Dr Luna Centifanti.
As part of my Master's course, I completed two projects investigating attentional deficits emotional processing in people with psychopathic traits. Supervised by Dr Sylco Hoppenbrouwers and Dr Jaap Munneke.
During my Master's course, I was employed to edit a textbook by Prof. Dr. Erik Scherder: Scherder, E. (2015). Aging and Dementia. Neuropsychology, Motor Skills, and Pain. (4th ed.) F. Dadis & B. Little (Ed.). Amsterdam: VU University Press.
- Hoppenbrouwers SS, Munneke J, Kooiman KA, Little B, Neumann CS, Theeuwes J. Fearful Faces do Not Lead to Faster Attentional Deployment in Individuals with Elevated Psychopathic Traits. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Centifanti LCM, Risser S, Little B. Peer Processes and Child Psychopathology. In: Centifanti, L.C. & Williams, D, ed. The Wiley Handbook of Developmental Psychopathology. New York, United States: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2017, pp.311–334.
- Dadis F, Little B, ed. Aging and Dementia. Neuropsychology, Motor Skills, and Pain. 2015.
- Munneke J, Hoppenbrouwers SS, Little B, Kooiman K, vanderBurg E, Theeuwes J. Comparing the response modulation hypothesis and the integrated emotions system theory: The role of top-down attention in psychopathy. Personality and Individual Differences 2018, 122, 134–139.