Dr Carolina Gandara de Souza
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 191 222 5529
- Address: Institute of Neuroscience
Henry Wellcome Building
PhD, Molecular Biology, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
MSc, Molecular Biology, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
BSc, Biology, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
I am currently working as a research associate in CANDO (Controlling Abnormal Network Dynamics using Optogenetics). This is a world-class, multi-site, cross-disciplinary project to develop a cortical implant for optogenetic neural control. The goal is to create a first-in-human trial in patients with focal epilepsy. This seven year, £10M Innovative Engineering for Health Award, funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) involves a team of over 30 neuroscientists, engineers and clinicians based at Newcastle University, Imperial College London, University College London and The Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Gandara C, Affleck V, Stoll EA. Manufacture of Third-Generation Lentivirus for Preclinical Use, with Process Development Considerations for Translation to Good Manufacturing Practice. Human Gene Therapy Methods 2018, 29(1), 1-15.
- White M, Whittaker R, Gandara C, Stoll EA. A Guide to Approaching Regulatory Considerations for Lentiviral-Mediated Gene Therapies. Human Gene Therapy Methods 2017, 28(4), 163-176.