I work as a Specialty Registrar in the Affective Disorder Unit at the Campus for Ageing and Vitality. In addition, I have been awarded an Academic Clinical Fellowship from the National Institute for Health and Research (NIHR) to facilitate the development of my academic and research work, while continuing my clinical training. My research involves investigating the effects of glucocorticoids and SSRIs on neural correlates of neuropsychological functions in affective disorder patients and healthy subjects.
The effects of glucocorticoids and SSRIs on neural correlates of neuropsychological functions in affective disorder patients and healthy subjects.
• Electroencephalography (EEG) and event-related potentials (ERPs)
• Neuroscan and other ERP-related software
• Neuroimaging analysis
• Low-Resolution Brain Electromagnetic Tomography (LORETA)
• Recruitment of patient groups and healthy volunteers
• Depression and anxiety rating scales
• Statistical analysis using SPSS and Minitab
• Grants and Ethics applications
Teaching: Lectures of Anxiety Disorders and Psychopharmacology to undergraduate medical students
Supervion: undergraduate psychology students studying the effect of motivation on neuropsychological function in healthy volunteers.
Teaching: Introduction to psychiatric disorders to MRes students
Supervision: MRes student