Dr Patrick Keown
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My current research interest is primarily in Health Service Research and the impact of recent changes in the delivery of adult mental health services in England. In particular current research projects focus on changes in the use of the Mental Health Act since the 1980s, the provision of mental health services, and Community Treatment Orders. I am also the local Principle Investigator for two MHRN adopted studies - ACTIONS and AMICUS. My clinical work is as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Rehabilitation and Recovery.
- Keown P, Weich S, Bhui KS, Scott J. Association between provision of mental illness beds and rate of involuntary admissions in the NHS in England 1988-2008: ecological study. British Medical Journal 2011, 343, d3736.
- Keown P, McKinnon I. Section 136 Mental Health Act: Longitudinal Follow-Up Study. In: XXXIVth International Congress on Law and Mental Health. 2015, Sigmund Freud University Vienna, Austria: International Academy of Law and Mental Health.
- Patil D, Keown P, Scott J. A rising tide: the increasing age and psychiatric length of stay for individuals with mild intellectual disabilities. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 2013, 57(8), 783-790.
- Anitema B, Hall S, Ahuja N, Preston S, Keown P, McKinnon I, Baker M, Hart Y, Cunningham M, Watson S. A pilot study of anti-NMDA receptor antibodies in psychosis. In: International Congress of the Royal College of Psychiatrists - Psychiatry: medicine and the future. 2012, Liverpool, UK: Royal College of Psychiatrists.