Before joining Newcastle University - I worked in a variety of IT areas (systems development, technical infrastructure and managerial roles) in the Public and Private sectors.
I have also led cost-saving, outsourcing and strategic supplier management initiatives.
I’ve managed IT projects in Germany, Italy and France – all of which were less culturally challenging (and interesting) than working in the University.
Responsible for ISS Customer Services - loosely defined as all of the functions that do not fit into the Business Applications or Infrastructure groups. The majority of my resources are focussed on the support of Learning & Teaching and include :-
- Helpdesk, User Registration, Administration and SAP Training
- Audio Visual and TV & videoconferencing services
- Support for PC Clusters and all IT for Central Services
- Middleware, web and information services
- Common desktop software and academic applications (e.g. Blackboard)
- Service development and service management
BA hons Politics & Psychology (Sunderland)
1990 – 2003 Technical Support Manager (E.M.E.A) - Black & Decker Ltd.
1985 – 1990 Systems Programmer - Black & Decker Ltd.
1983 – 1985 Systems Programmer - British Shipbuilders
1975 – 1980 Analyst Programmer / Team Leader - Sunderland Council
Visiting art galleries, music, cinema, politics, travel and live performance in general.
Mindmapping, creativity and innovation.
The impact of relentless positivity on performance and self-esteem.